Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Songs/Artists You Don't Like to Admit You Love

Gunslinger Apprentice devo133 is on a distinguished road devo133's Avatar

Default Songs/Artists You Don't Like to Admit You Love

We all have songs/artists we don't like to admit we like, especially if you're into hard rock/heavy metal like me. Here's a chance to let our skeletons out of the closet so to speak I'll break the ice...

Jewel - I love her first album Pieces of You. I learned how to finger pick on guitar from that album.

Genesis' "Hold On My Heart." Heard it when I was kid. And it's been stuck in my head ever since.

The Carpenters. I hear that piano intro to Close to You (Just like Birds) every time I see a pretty girl lol.

Enya - Sometimes I just like listening to air

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I listen mostly to Rock and Metal too but have a soft spot for some of Madonna's stuff. Beautiful Stranger and Ray of light send shivers down my spine whenever I hear them. It looks weird between my Metallica/Megadeth/Motorhead albums but who gives a fu...!

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

I'm also a rock/metal kind of girl (at least first and foremost - I really do have a lot of different genres in my collection). The songs or artists that are way out of my usual tastes are

Maroon 5
    Independent Woman - Destiny's Child
    Some of Eminem's stuff
    Some Outkast stuff
    A couple Black-Eyed Peas songs

As you can tell, I don't listen to a lot of pop/hip hop/rap sorts of stuff, so these definitely stand out in the crowd.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Gunslinger Apprentice Samanthita is on a distinguished road

Matchbox 20. Only the first cd... and mostly, just the last song. But hell, I got that cd 12 years ago, so I grew up with it. Same with Third Eye Blind, but everyone knows I love them.

Also, Northstar. They're just so... poppy? Compared to most of the music I listen to at least. Usually I don't like stuff like that, but for some reason...

I could go on and on all day in this thread. But I'm not going to. It's safe to say that anything in my iTunes from the 90's and about half of my pop punk, I don't admit to.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post
    I'm also a rock/metal kind of girl (at least first and foremost - I really do have a lot of different genres in my collection). The songs or artists that are way out of my usual tastes are

Maroon 5
    Some of Eminem's stuff
    Some Outkast stuff

As you can tell, I don't listen to a lot of pop/hip hop/rap sorts of stuff, so these definitely stand out in the crowd.

What's embarrassing about Outkast? They rock.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to admit that I do like some country like Garth Brooks and Alan Jackson that I will listen to when I'm alone in the car.

I also have to admit that I really like the Spice Girls. They are great music to work out to.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

They're just not the sort of band I typically listen to, and I think my friends would probably laugh at me if they knew I had Outkast songs, hahaha. So they go on my list here. *shrug*

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I listen to ALOt of Andrea Bocelli, I am not ashamed of this, but not
    too many people who hear this go...."Oh I love that guy".

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I love Genesis and The Carpenters!!

But stuff I'm embarrassed about liking:

Avril Lavigne
    Shakira
    Garth Brooks (I'm not a country girl)
    New Kids on the Block
    Mika (used to be but am now growing some pride for it)
    Enya
    Christina Aguilera's "dirty" and "Beautiful"

but mostly I'm not ashamed of what I listen to...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post

Maroon 5
    Some of Eminem's stuff
    Some Outkast stuff

What's embarrassing about Outkast? They rock.
    I'm sorry Ms. Jackson [OOOH]
    I am for real
    Never meant to make your daughter cry
    I apologize a trillion times

My Mood
    Dead

Hahaha, and feev swoops in to prove my point. Thanks, Fernando, you're always there for me.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

(sheepish grin)

Just here to help.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by devo133 View Post
    We all have songs/artists we don't like to admit we like, especially if you're into hard rock/heavy metal like me. Here's a chance to let our skeletons out of the closet so to speak I'll break the ice...

Jewel - I love her first album Pieces of You. I learned how to finger pick on guitar from that album.

Genesis' "Hold On My Heart." Heard it when I was kid. And it's been stuck in my head ever since.

The Carpenters. I hear that piano intro to Close to You (Just like Birds) every time I see a pretty girl lol.

Enya - Sometimes I just like listening to air
    Devo, that's really interesting. The first song I learned to finger pick was "I was meant for you." I was only fourteen at the time. I also love that first album, its got a lot of great stuff on there. "Come back to sleep" is one of my favorite songs. People are usually pretty surprised when I talk about how much I like this album. There's just something about it that is so genuine...most people seem not to have any idea.

I realize the grammar is bad (see above). I'm just a little tipsy.

Interplay Fan HanzouNorak is on a distinguished road HanzouNorak's Avatar

Green Day, i hate to admit it because they became emo with American idot.

Became emo? Clarify sir, if it pleases you.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

my "real" musical tastes are all over the board and i'm not ashamed to own up to any of it.

but my secret shame:

Spoiler:
    the jonas brothers

/is prepared to relinquish her membership
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HanzouNorak View Post
    **GASP**

cierra el osico!

OKay, I know the eyeliner is unnecessary, but the music is still good. It is not emo.

Once again....NOT EMO

What do you mean by emo girly? I really like early emo- before it was trendy. I'm thinking of Dashboard Confessional in the late 90's, Further Seems Forever, Juliana Theory etc...

I'm just very defensive. I don't really have anything against emo, but Green Day's music has never ever ever been emo.
    Trust me....I'd know.

Interplay Fan HanzouNorak is on a distinguished road HanzouNorak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HanzouNorak View Post
    **GASP**

cierra el osico!

OKay, I know the eyeliner is unnecessary, but the music is still good. It is not emo.
    the album was mostly 50/50. i really liked them b4 cause they didn't have any style. hmm, looking but on it i can find a few emo songs, dont ask me which cause i cant remember names.

I would say that "Welcome to Paradise" might have a little emo in its tank- its long, lots of breaks, guitar builds and break downs etc... "Long View" comes to mind as well for similar reasons (the album version). Oh yeah, "I was thinking of you" is pretty damn emo.

The songs aren't emo. They've just grown as artists and are able to write slow songs as well as kick ass songs.
    American Idiot only has a few slower songs.

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    I would say that "Welcome to Paradise" might have a little emo in its tank- its long, lots of breaks, guitar builds and break downs etc... "Long View" comes to mind as well for similar reasons (the album version). Oh yeah, "I was thinking of you" is pretty damn emo.
    What!? Longview and Thinking of you? Longview is about boredom and angst and masturbation.
    And Thinking Of You is about...masturbation.
    The topic of masturbation is not emo.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast