Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Halloween Horror-thon 2020 (Because 2020 Hasn't Been Scary Enough!)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    So glad yours came out well. And maybe I'm not a baker after all, the pumpkin bread was a bust. I followed a recipe for banana and pumpkin which said to cook for 40 min, well 40 min it was still very wet inside, so I let it cook and cook and cook. About an hour and a half goes by, the top is cooked but the inside was still not. I pulled it out thinking maybe it would firm up, which it did, but it also completely deflated and when I cut into it it still seems as if its not fully cooked. I have no idea who wrote this recipe but they were way off.

In other news we ended up watching Psycho last night
    Aw, bummer. Sorry it didn't turn out like you wanted. I use my grandma's pumpkin bread recipe and it's the best I've had (and super easy to make). I'll have to send it to you.
    Yes please! I need to redeem myself
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Leading up to Oct.

31 days of Horror

Oct 29 Wounds * $$$ Weird and at points disturbing.

Oct 30 The Cell 2 * $$ Not as much horror as the first, or even much of a sequel. But for a cheap rehash, it wasn't bad.

Oct 30 The Conjuring 2 $$$$ A lot of creepy "monsters" makes this one top of my list.

Oct 31 The Cabin In The Woods $$$$ The whole thing craftily uses horror tropes to create a unique movie.

Nov 01 Hubie Halloween * $$$ You'd have to know the Happy Madison movies to get many of the jokes. Kind of like the Goosebumps movies. But I do, and I enjoyed it.

This year, I tried watching as many Horror movies that I hadn't seen before. I watch Horror all year long anyways, so using this month the find some new favorites was nice. There's one more that I'd like to watch that was suggested by y'all, The Autopsy of Jane Doe. I also started the Haunting of Bly Manor. After 5 episodes, I'm not digging it as much as Hill House.

Other movies I watched that weren't Horror, The Mandela Effect, 1917, The Current War, Toys in The Attic, The Empire Strikes Back, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Today I'm watching a Fan edit of the Hobbit trilogy where the person trimmed it down to a single 4.5 hr version.

Thanks for the thread!

[Disclaimer: These are of course just my opinions]
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Oct 30 The Conjuring 2 $$$$ A lot of creepy "monsters" makes this one top of my list.

I also started the Haunting of Bly Manor. After 5 episodes, I'm not digging it as much as Hill House.
    I really enjoyed The Conjuring 2. More than the first one for sure.

And I feel the same way you do about Bly Manor. I've got two episodes left but haven't really been liking it as much as Hill House. It's very slow.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

So glad yours came out well. And maybe I'm not a baker after all, the pumpkin bread was a bust. I followed a recipe for banana and pumpkin which said to cook for 40 min, well 40 min it was still very wet inside, so I let it cook and cook and cook. About an hour and a half goes by, the top is cooked but the inside was still not. I pulled it out thinking maybe it would firm up, which it did, but it also completely deflated and when I cut into it it still seems as if its not fully cooked. I have no idea who wrote this recipe but they were way off.

In other news we ended up watching Psycho last night
    That's so frustrating when you follow a recipe and it doesn't turn out right. But when you said you cut into it and it deflated, all I could think of was the turkey in National Lampoon's Christmas.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I think that turkey probably tasted better than the pumpkin bread. On the plus side I've discovered that I make a really good pumpkin pie, so I might just make one for desert every week. Is that too much?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    But when you said you cut into it and it deflated, all I could think of was the turkey in National Lampoon's Christmas.

I make a really good pumpkin pie, so I might just make one for desert every week. Is that too much?
    No! It's practically a vegetable.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I think that turkey probably tasted better than the pumpkin bread. On the plus side I've discovered that I make a really good pumpkin pie, so I might just make one for desert every week. Is that too much?
    One dessert a week is NEVER too much, Heather. And if anyone tells you differently, you kick them out of your life.

I make a really good pumpkin pie, so I might just make one for desert every week. Is that too much?
    No! It's practically a vegetable.
    I second that!

I'm gonna make another one tonight

Country
    Country Flag

And hand-deliver us all a slice, right? Right?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I thought I was in the wrong thread for a minute because of all the dessert posts.

Country
    Country Flag

Damn, now I want pumpkin pie.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Haha. I think Heather should bake another one and bring us slices.

I was just thinking when I saw this thread that I've been slacking and really need to start baking some pumpkin pies.

Country
    Country Flag

I love that we resurrected a two-year-old movie thread to talk about pie.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I was just thinking when I saw this thread that I've been slacking and really need to start baking some pumpkin pies.
    Haha. Yeah! Get to baking, Heather.
    Hey, have you ever had Biscoff cookies? I've been thinking of wanting to make a Biscoff cookie crust and I think a pumpkin pie would be amazing with that crust.

I love that we resurrected a two-year-old movie thread to talk about pie.

What's even funnier is that I went months without even logging on to the site, but popped my head in here like: "Is somebody talking about pie? Well, we should be."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Hey, have you ever had Biscoff cookies? I've been thinking of wanting to make a Biscoff cookie crust and I think a pumpkin pie would be amazing with that crust.
    You and the Biscoff!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Look, I need someone to weigh in on this Biscoff crust thing.
    I’m gonna go post about it in all the threads…The donut thread, the In My Mind Right Now thread, the movie competition thread.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh man. Haha. I imagine you then be thought of as that weird forum member who only posts about cookies and pie crusts.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Haha. Like that’s a bad thing!

Do it Amanda! I've never had them, but it sounds like it would be good with it. I always make mine with a graham cracker crust

Mmmm, graham cracker crust has to be good with pumpkin pie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4