+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Halloween Horror-thon 2020 (Because 2020 Hasn't Been Scary Enough!)

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Is this the new one? I didn't really care for it.
    Yes, the newest. Having watched many of the Grudge films over the years, I didn't find this one that low in the franchise.
    I've watched some pure dumpster trash films over the years, so this is pretty good compared to those.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Volcano Man Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched Hubie Halloween last night. Knowing that Sandler films are pretty hit or miss, I was hoping for a light comedy with some laughs and Halloween atmosphere. The Halloween atmosphere and overall seasonal vibe is definitely there, but that's really one of the only good things I can say about the movie. The plot was so all over the place: There's an escaped mental patient on the loose! Is Sandler's neighbor a werewolf? There's people disappearing from town! There's just so much going on that it feels like they just threw plot points at the wall and saw what stuck. And don't get me started on that WTF climax where Hubie's mom
    Spoiler:
    kidnaps Hubie's bullies and...proceeds to burn them at the stake?!

It's also super tonally inconsistent. Am I supposed to laugh at how unbelievably awful the entire town treats Hubie? I get the message that they were going for with the forgiveness angle but it feels nasty that his bullies only like him when Hubie has something to offer them. Kind of like how Santa treats Rudolph in the Rankin-Bass special. It doesn't help that the voice Sandler chose for Hubie is so awfully grating.

There were some laugh-out-loud moments, and I enjoyed the cameos throughout, but I'm disappointed that this wasn't better.

Weedeater Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Just rewatched The Autopsy of Jane Doe. What a great movie to watch with all the lights out!
    Watched it yesterday. Really good even though the end felt rushed.
    Wish List:
    Duma Key inscribed or flatsigned
    On Writing inscribed or flatsigned
    Mister Slaughter S/L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3