Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Horror-thon 2020 (Because 2020 Hasn't Been Scary Enough!)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh no, Three from Hell is low on your list.

You know, maybe I'll watch his Halloween this year since I've finally seen all the other Halloween movies.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Well like I said I enjoyed all those so it doesn't mean I disliked it by any means. And you should watch his first Halloween movie! It gives a backstory to Michael, then goes into a remake of the first film. I know some people didn't care for that, but I really liked it. Halloween 2, now that's another story
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

If you haven't seen it, I would recommend Let's Scare Jessica to Death. It's one of the earliest horror movies I can remember seeing and it took me years to figure out what it was that I watched way back when I was a small child.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    And you should watch his first Halloween movie! It gives a backstory to Michael, then goes into a remake of the first film. I know some people didn't care for that, but I really liked it. Halloween 2, now that's another story
    I just went to Netflix to look for it but they don't have it. I'll have to remember to DVR it one day when it airs on SyFy or AMC.

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    If you haven't seen it, I would recommend Let's Scare Jessica to Death. It's one of the earliest horror movies I can remember seeing and it took me years to figure out what it was that I watched way back when I was a small child.
    Added!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Wait, netflix doesn't have it I'm not sure it'll be the same watching an edited tv version.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh damn, I didn't think of that. I'll have to check On Demand and see if it's there for free.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The 8th Annual Rose and Shannon October Horrorthon has started with Hush and season one of the Walking Dead. Season one was only six episodes, and season 2 is only 13 episodes, so we'll be finishing season 2 as well. Haven't finalized the list and schedule yet (shame, I know) but I'm doing it now. This is what I have so far. I try not to have too many movies in the same categories, we go for variety. So categories like VAMPIRE and B&W will be cut down extensively.

ZOMBIES: walking dead (s1 and s2), #alive, shaun of the dead, warm bodies
    WITCHES: witches, hocus pocus
    SURVIVAL: psycho, purge, misery, hush, final destination, strangers
    ANIMAL: anaconda
    B&W: nosferatu, dracula, bride of frankenstein, invisible man, phantom of the opera, mummy
    MONSTER: sleepy hollow, fly, silent hill, cabin in the woods
    GHOSTS: sixth sense
    VAMPIRE: let the right one in, interview with the vampire, nosferatu, dracula, underworld, van helsing, 30 days of night
    ALIENS: avp, independence day
    DEMONS: exorcist, evil dead
    WEREWOLF: underworld, van helsing, american werewolf in london
    POWERS: carrie, omen
    SMALL CREATURES: critters
    COMEDY: hocus pocus, shaun of the dead, warm bodies
    KIDS: hocus pocus, nightmare before christmas, witches
    REWATCH: hocus pocus, nightmare before christmas
    GIANT MONSTERS: kong skull island, monsters, them!

Rose has seen Hocus Pocus and Nightmare Before Christmas
    Shannon has NOT seen Warm Bodies, Original Dracula, Nosferatu, Original Invisible Man, Original Mummy, Original Phantom Of The Opera, Bride Of Frankenstein, Monsters, Them!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Nosferatu
    I just watched this for the first time the other night after having it on my list for years and was kind of underwhelmed. I liked the atmosphere and creature design, but I thought the pacing was incredibly slow and the music made me insane.

I was reading up on it afterwards and I had no idea that it was an unauthorized adaptation of Dracula. Stoker's widow apparently went around the country burning whatever surviving copies she could find after the lawsuit.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched Books of Blood on Hulu yesterday. Was really looking forward to it after the trailer....

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Nosferatu
    I just watched this for the first time the other night after having it on my list for years and was kind of underwhelmed. I liked the atmosphere and creature design, but I thought the pacing was incredibly slow and the music made me insane.

I was reading up on it afterwards and I had no idea that it was an unauthorized adaptation of Dracula. Stoker's widow apparently went around the country burning whatever surviving copies she could find after the lawsuit.
    Watched it last year and yeah, boring.
    But that's funny about the wife.

Well, In my opinion, you all should watch Shadow of the Vampire with John Malkovich and Willem Dafoe. Because that's a great film and it's Nosferatu.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Leading up to Oct.

31 days of Horror

Oct 5 The Fourth Kind * $$$ I genuinely got goosebumps watching this. But, one of the main characters whines her entire performance, and that really worked against the film.

Oct 6 Dream Cruise $$$ Master of Horror, nice foray into the Asian horror genre.

Oct 7 Shrooms $$$ You would think this would go into the spoof arena, but it's a pretty solid horror flick from the Emerald Isle, (The characters are American though.)

I also caught the new episode of TWD, I really don't like the new guy doing the music with/in-place-of Bear McCreary this season. There's way too much music now IMO.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Here we go, the final schedule:

ALREADY WATCHED:
    Hush (2016)
    Walking Dead: Season 1
    Walking Dead: Season 2
    Faculty

UPCOMING:
    10/11: Misery
    10/12: Invisible Man (1933)
    10/13: Let Me In
    10/14: Hubie Halloween
    10/15: Exorcist
    10/16: Birds
    10/17: DOUBLE FEATURE - American Werewolf In London / Wolf Of Snow Hollow
    10/18: DOUBLE FEATURE - AVP / Witches (1990)
    10/25: 30 Days Of Night
    10/26: Warm Bodies
    10/27: Them!
    10/28: Nightmare Before Christmas
    10/29: Final Destination (2000)
    10/30: Hocus Pocus
    10/31: DOUBLE FEATURE - Evil Dead (1981) / Cabin In The Woods

Gunslinger Apprentice Pere Jere will become famous soon enough Pere Jere's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Somehow I’d never seen John Carpenter’s The Thing so I remedied that last night. Awesome movie and should be exhibit A for why practical effects are superior to CGI. Also possibly exhibit A for Kurt Russell’s facial hair mastery.
    Currently looking for:
    ‘salem’s Lot (Illustrated), F/F

Future wishlist:
    Gunslinger, Grant 2nd, F/F
    DT II-IV, Grant 1st, F/F

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The Thing was fantastic. Rose has seen it before, but now with the popularity of the game Among Us, which she plays all the time, maybe we should watch it again.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Jere View Post
    Somehow I’d never seen John Carpenter’ The Thing so I remedied that last night. Awesome movie and should be exhibit A for why practical effects are superior to CGI. Also possibly exhibit A for Kurt Russell’s facial hair mastery.
    Top Three in both Sci-Fi and Horror!

Amazing why practical effects are better. . . Oh yeah. . . Because it looks real!

In the age of really shitty beards well said regarding Kurt's.

Good modern horror/thriller- Don't Breathe! Director of the Evil Dead remake.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Just rewatched The Autopsy of Jane Doe. What a great movie to watch with all the lights out!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Leading up to Oct.

31 days of Horror

Oct 8 Sinister $$$$ Creepy and macabre!

Oct 9 Drag Me To Hell $$$ Lots of fun.

Oct 10 Blood Tea and Red Strings * $$$ Weird stop motion film

Oct 11 Hell House LLC II * $ NONONONO, such a disappointment.

Country
    Country Flag

Drag Me to Hell is next on my list!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just in! Pumped!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Country
    Country Flag

I watched Drag Me to Hell last night and thought it was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it way more than I was expecting to.

Also, the new season of History of Horror!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Just in! Pumped!
    I need to watch F13 IV at some point before Halloween. I never saw the ones between 3D and FvJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I watched Drag Me to Hell last night and thought it was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it way more than I was expecting to.

Also, the new season of History of Horror!
    So glad to hear you enjoyed it! And yes, so excited that the new season of History of Horror has started.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Leading up to Oct.

31 days of Horror

Oct 12 Wishmaster * $$$ Great special FX!

Oct 13 City of The Living Dead * $$$$ Man I loved this, great atmosphere and zombies. I can't believe I never saw this.

Oct 14 Haxan * $ I'm not sure what I expected from this, but it wasn't interesting to me.

Oct 15 Marble Hornets * $$$ This is the origin of the Slenderman myth. Well, the ppl/person who posted the story, then turned around and started posting videos online the next day. I watched 2 hours of what was posted. There's a lot more. Some of it is meh, but other parts are definitely creepy.

Oct 16 The Grudge * $$$ Not the best/Not the worst in the series by far. This would actually be a pretty solid follow up to the original for a person who hasn't seen the american versions of the Grudge movies. (The Netflix series is pretty good as well.)

I forgot about Marble Hornets. I watched all of the first season I think, and they've probably done a bunch more than what I saw. But there were definitely some creepy moments in it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Oct 16 The Grudge * $$$ Not the best/Not the worst in the series by far. This would actually be a pretty solid follow up to the original for a person who hasn't seen the american versions of the Grudge movies. (The Netflix series is pretty good as well.)
    Is this the new one? I didn't really care for it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast