Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Talisman Lettered and "of 70" Presentation Copies; How Many Total Were Produced?

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Talisman Lettered and "of 70" Presentation Copies; How Many Total Were Produced?

The Catalog is incomplete, so let's try and remedy that!

The total quantity of The Talisman Lettered and "of 70" Presentation Copies is unknown. Is it a combination of numbers and letters adding up to 70? Is it 26 Letters and 1 to 70 Numbered? Is it some other combination? As of 22 Sep 20 the highest letter is Y and number is 70. If you've got a copy, please drop a note here and we'll add it in.

17 - willie3
    23 - needfulthing
    24 - shaq
    28 - Johnny007
    31 - DoctorZaius
    33 - superpm
    64 - Robert's Bookshop (non-TDT.org)
    65 - Shows on WorthPoint as previously sold; owner unknown
    70 - amb013

G - amd013
    I (Inscribed "To Michael Till, with best regards, Donald M. Grant) - NECON-Man
    R - Johnny007
    T - Mr. Rabbit Trick
    Y - wizardsrainbow

PC - For sale on lwcurrey.com 22 Mar 2021
    Last edited by George at C-Springs; 06-04-2021 at 12:35 PM.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

64/70 has been for sale forever on line. Too high price I guess.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

amd013 - I have copies 70 and G. So I know there were 70 of the numbered lettered. But I still am not convinced there were actually 70 of the Lettered lettered. I haven't heard of any double lettered Letters so maybe the "lettered" variation is rarer, so I would say that the ones with the actual Letter would be more desirable. Not sure how that would effect the value.

Johnny007 - Letter R and number 28 of 70. John

shaq - I have number 24 of 70. Bought from David

willie3 - I own #17 of 70
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

64/70 has been for sale forever on line. Too high price I guess.
    Added that one, thanks. I also see that Copper Dragon has a copy, but the number is not annotated.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Added that one, thanks. I also see that Copper Dragon has a copy, but the number is not annotated.
    Little side note...Copper Dragon Books won't tell you the number or letter. Just saving you some time in case you were considering emailing them. I have sent him several messages asking for the numbers of his books for sale and he refuses to tell you.
    Not sure why.
    His comment to me about trying to find certain numbers was...Your chasing a ghost.
    Last edited by George at C-Springs; 03-28-2021 at 11:13 AM.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor
    Little side note...Copper Dragon Books won't tell you the number or letter. Just saving you some time in case you were considering emailing them. I have sent him several messages asking for the numbers of his books for sale and he refuses to tell you.
    Not sure why.
    His comment to me about trying to find certain numbers was...Your chasing a ghost.

Copper Dragon Books is a fraud. STAY away from him.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Added that one, thanks. I also see that Copper Dragon has a copy, but the number is not annotated.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why.
    His comment to me about trying to find certain numbers was...Your chasing a ghost.[/QUOTE]

He showed me. It looks like hen scratches where the number / letter should be. It says REVIEW.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Along the Path of the Beam superpm has a spectacular aura about superpm has a spectacular aura about superpm's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

33 of 70
    290 of 1200

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    The Catalog is incomplete, so let's try and remedy that!

The total quantity of The Talisman Lettered and "of 70" Presentation Copies is unknown. Is it a combination of numbers and letters adding up to 70? Is it 26 Letters and 1 to 70 Numbered? Is it some other combination? As of 15 Sep 20 the highest letter is T and number is 70. If you've got a copy, please drop a note here and we'll add it in.

17 - willie3
    23 - needfulthing
    24 - shaq
    28 - Johnny007
    64 - Robert's Bookshop (non-TDT.org)
    70 - amb013

G - amb013
    R - Johnny007
    T - Mr. Rabbit Trick

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My vanity just took a hit. You misspelled my username in the list.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I have #31, with four remarques, one in each volume by Maitz and Berry.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My vanity just took a hit. You misspelled my username in the list.
    A thousand pardons, error corrected.

I have #31, with four remarques, one in each volume by Maitz and Berry.
    Thank you, list updated.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Bump .... only 11 copies accounted for so far, with highest letter being T. We've confirmed numbers to 70, now are really looking to confirm highest letter!

Help us Correct the Catalog!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have letter Y

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have letter Y
    Thank you David ... I wasn't expecting that! That would certainly seem to imply that there was a Letter Z, so now the big question is were there any double letters produced (but first we need confirmation on that Z!)

Country
    Country Flag

Damm I would love to find one of these lettereds~!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Bump; any updates?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Added #65 (appearing on WorthPoint as previously sold, no further info) and a Publisher's Copy currently for sale by L.W. Currey here https://www.lwcurrey.com/pages/books...b/the-talisman if interested, $1500.

Thanks to Alec for dropping me the info!

Country
    Country Flag

Added #65 (appearing on WorthPoint as previously sold, no further info) and a Publisher's Copy currently for sale by L.W. Currey here https://www.lwcurrey.com/pages/books...b/the-talisman if interested, $1500.

Thanks to Alec for dropping me the info!
    I’ve looked at this and it’s in very dirty condition. I would pass at this price
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for but I sold 'BB' quite some time ago. Don't remember if it was Presentation, Lettered or just what. Don't recall who bought it....If that helps?

Edit - that was #33 (they were odd looking '3's) not 'BB'. Must be 'old man memory'! That one is already accounted for.
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for but I sold 'BB' quite some time ago.
    Edit - that was #33 (they were odd looking '3's) not 'BB'.
    Dick, you made my heart skip a beat as no double letters have ever been reported! Dammit!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for but I sold 'BB' quite some time ago.
    Edit - that was #33 (they were odd looking '3's) not 'BB'.
    Dick, you made my heart skip a beat as no double letters have ever been reported! Dammit!
    Hobbit-Motherfucker should have sold it to me instead of having me sell it for him!!!! Ahhh, but what you gonna do when the "Hobbit-Motherfucker" is a dear friend of us "Ent type-Motherfuckers"? Did I tell you he made me a "Firestarter" wooden case, set it on fire and then "pissed on it" to put it out? You know you have a great friend when he'll piss on your stuff as a term of endearment. Am I right? lol lol

Spoiler:
    Little fucker owes me a call too!! lol lol Make no mistake, girls and boys, "Dolso" is, was and will continue to be, "Da Wood Man" in the King Collecting Universe!!!! He's a bonafide legend around here creating many awesome, craftmanship-rich wooden slip/tray cases and ultimately integrating both with original art to create several "Limited Series", King cases with books. Truly an example of good things coming in small (and short) packages. Real shame he doesn't come around here as often as he once did, but things change and the world moves on.

Spoiler:
    Dolso, crafted two extremely remarkable cases for me in particular that I love to death. One for my collectible UK early editions of "The Lord of the Rings" and the other for my UK early edition of "The Hobbit". Both were inscribed with classic phrases from the books and "aged" with chains and various material to appear as if they had been transported through ancient sea voyage to the "New World". JMHO, but really original and amazing pieces of good old "American Craftsmanship". You can see some lame pics of these cases and books in my collection thread if you should have the inclining.

Spoiler:
    Sadly, Dick has retired from crafting cases, but there is the off possibility that he could be cajoled into doing additional work for the right project and price. Otherwise, very sadly, that is something from the "King Collecting Past". However, you may be able to find his work listed on "E-Bay" evry now and then.

My apologies if I may seemingly have "Hi-jacked' the thread it just hit a memory nerve and I shared. Please, just move on with relevant content.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler NECON-Man is on a distinguished road

George I have Letter I with an inscription from Don Grant. I had posted a picture with my Gunslinger set

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome; Master List updated!

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is awesome. Not seen one of them before.

Necon man. I suspect you have a killer collection.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast