10 38.46%
  • We're the Millers

10 38.46%
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2

9 34.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 2010s: Round 3 - Group 24 of 32

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 2010s: Round 3 - Group 24 of 32

During the third round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for up to two films you would like to move onto the next round. The top two films will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
    Directed by Taika Waititi

Watch Trailer

Super 8 (2011)
    Directed by J. J. Abrams

Watch Trailer

We're the Millers (2013)
    Directed by Rawson Marshall Thurber

Watch Trailer

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 (2011)
    Directed by David Yates

Watch Trailer

Gunslinger Apprentice Pere Jere will become famous soon enough Pere Jere's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Kind of a weak lineup but I went with WtM and T:R. DH2 is the worst of the Potter films and completely tosses out an ending written perfectly for the screen in favor of a CGI cluster-f that takes closure away from the characters and weakens Voldemort’s death. With Super 8 I agree with comments I saw last round: it’s Spielberg light.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Super 8 still getting votes? It's a weaker group, sure, but We're the Millers is hilarious and so raunchy!

It's like a guilty pleasure only I'm not feeling guilty about it

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mae can I switch my vote from super 8 to miller’s? I agree with you
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Fixed.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't vote for any of them.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Mae can I switch my vote from super 8 to miller’s? I agree with you
    Millers is not great for me. Thor and Potter for me. The final Potter film is underrated. Not since Return of the King has a film had so much pressure to deliver on such a grand scale. Unlike the Tower films, which were filmed all at once, Yates had 10 years of pressure/anticipation to deal with. I loved every minute of it.

Country
    Country Flag

Poll is closing in about 24 hours but Super 8 and We're the Millers are tied for second place...

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following title is moving on to the next round:
    1. Thor: Ragnarok (69.23%)

The following two titles will face off in a tiebreaker for the last spot:
    1. Super 8 (38.46%)
    2. We're the Millers (38.46%)

And the following title has been eliminated:
    1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 (34.62%)

+ Reply to Thread