• Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol

13 43.33%
  • Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

8 26.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 2010s: Round 3 - Group 12 of 32

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 2010s: Round 3 - Group 12 of 32

During the third round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for up to two films you would like to move onto the next round. The top two films will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Edge of Tomorrow (2014)
    Directed by Doug Liman

Watch Trailer

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017)
    Directed by Martin McDonagh

Watch Trailer

Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (2011)
    Directed by Brad Bird

Watch Trailer

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)
    Directed by J. J. Abrams

Watch Trailer

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Going with both Cruise movies.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, a rare group that I have seen all 4, but still only liked 1 of them.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Apprentice Pere Jere will become famous soon enough Pere Jere's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

MI:GP is my fave MI movie. The rare series that gets better with age. Liked the others except for RoS

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All the Star Wars movies mush together in my mind. Is The Rise of Skywalker the one where they are seemingly lost and abandoned in the desert and they just happened to fall into the one hole on the entire planet that contains the magic knife that will save them? Man, I can't vote for that one.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Jere View Post
    MI:GP is my fave MI movie. The rare series that gets better with age. Liked the others except for RoS
    I agree completely about Mission Impossible. I really didn't enjoy the first 3 films all that much. GP, RN and Fallout have been amazing. Can't wait for the next film.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Apprentice Pere Jere will become famous soon enough Pere Jere's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pere Jere View Post
    I agree completely about Mission Impossible. I really didn't enjoy the first 3 films all that much. GP, RN and Fallout have been amazing. Can't wait for the next film.
    Just realized I messed up my own favorite Rogue Nation actually gets the #1 spot for me. Things get muddy when you're coming up on film 7...lol.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

This is a tough group for me. I liked all four movies to some extent. I may need to give it to both Cruise movies, too, though.

I'm very pleased to see Edge of Tomorrow hanging in there. Not a huge box office hit, but it's a really solid flick.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    This is a tough group for me. I liked all four movies to some extent. I may need to give it to both Cruise movies, too, though.

I'm very pleased to see Edge of Tomorrow hanging in there. Not a huge box office hit, but it's a really solid flick.
    It's performing surprisingly well. I hope it keeps it up.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Three Billboards... should be winning.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Two I’ve seen and can’t vote for and two I haven’t seen. Let’s get out of those 2010’s movies and get to the 1960’s and 1970’s movies!! Soylent Green is I’m not sure if Kris has seen Soylent Green and didn’t want to ruin he surprise for him.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Let’s get out of those 2010’s movies and get to the 1960’s and 1970’s movies!!
    The '70s are next, coming soon to a screen near you!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Two I’ve seen and can’t vote for and two I haven’t seen. Let’s get out of those 2010’s movies and get to the 1960’s and 1970’s movies!! Soylent Green is I’m not sure if Kris has seen Soylent Green and didn’t want to ruin he surprise for him.
    Yes I have and was BLOWN AWAY.... I did NOT see that coming mate.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Kris? This will literally be the last tournament he will be able to participate in.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Kris? This will literally be the last tournament he will be able to participate in.
    How so? 70’s I’ve seen about 30-40 films of. 60’s? Maybe half dozen. Nothing before
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    How so? 70’s I’ve seen about 30-40 films of. 60’s? Maybe half dozen. Nothing before
    Time to educate yourself, Kris!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

60’s? Maybe half dozen. Nothing before
    Here's a list of " '60s or before " films to get you started:

North By Northwest (1959)
    Ben-Hur (1959)
    Rear Window (1954)
    Scaramouche (1952)
    Vertigo (1958)
    The War of the Worlds (1953)
    Them! (1954)
    The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956)
    Notorious (1946)
    Rebecca (1940)
    Rope (1948)
    Casablanca (1942)
    Shadow of a Doubt (1943)
    Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948)
    Citizen Kane (1941)
    Fantasia (1940)
    Foreign Correspondent (1940)
    The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)
    The Wizard of Oz (1939)
    Captain Blood (1935)
    M (1931)
    The Sea Hawk (1940)
    The Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
    Phantom of the Opera (1925 and 1943)
    The Thief of Baghdad (1940)
    The Testament of Dr. Mabuse (1943)
    Freaks (1932)
    Throne of Blood (1957)
    Diabolique (1955)
    Elevator to the Gallows (1958)
    The Hidden Fortress (1958)
    Rashomon (1950)
    The Seven Samurai (1954)
    Birth of a Nation (1915)
    Yojimbo (1961)
    Dr. Strangelove; or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
    A Fistful of Dollars (1964)
    The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (1966)
    Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)
    Red Beard (1965)
    The Magnificent 7 (1960)
    Planet of the Apes (1968)
    Psycho (1960)
    The Valley of Gwangi (1969)
    The Birds (1963)
    Fail Safe (1964)
    The Manchurian Candidate (1962)
    Metropolis (1927)
    The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920)
    The Lodger (1927)
    The Great Escape (1963)
    All Quiet on the Western Front (1930)
    Double Indemnity (1944)
    Touch of Evil (1958)
    The Night of the Hunter (1955)

That's just off the top of my head. There are literally hundreds of other great or really really good films from "the 1960s or before."

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's a few more from 60s:

Cool Hand Luke - 1967
    The Time Machine - 1960
    Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - 1969
    The Hustler - 1961
    Midnight Cowboy - 1969
    Spartacus - 1960
    The Wild Bunch - 1969
    Bonnie and Clyde - 1967
    Battle of the Bulge - 1965
    Lawrence of Arabia - 1962
    Rosemary's Baby - 1968

All the Connery Bonds!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's not too bad. I thought you hadn't seen a lot from before the 80s.

Country
    Country Flag

That's not too bad. I thought you hadn't seen a lot from before the 80s.
    Not as many as 80’s up. I find movies a bit “unlikable” as they get older and older. Not sure why.... but I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post

Ben-Hur (1959)
    Rear Window (1954)
    Scaramouche (1952)
    Vertigo (1958)
    Them! (1954)
    Notorious (1946)
    Rebecca (1940)
    Rope (1948)
    Casablanca (1942)
    Shadow of a Doubt (1943)
    Citizen Kane (1941)
    Fantasia (1940)
    The Wizard of Oz (1939)
    Captain Blood (1935)
    M (1931)
    The Sea Hawk (1940)
    Freaks (1932)
    Throne of Blood (1957)
    Diabolique (1955)
    Rashomon (1950)
    The Seven Samurai (1954)
    Birth of a Nation (1915)
    Yojimbo (1961)
    Red Beard (1965)
    The Magnificent 7 (1960)
    Psycho (1960)
    The Birds (1963)
    Fail Safe (1964)
    Metropolis (1927)
    The Lodger (1927)
    The Great Escape (1963)
    Double Indemnity (1944)
    Touch of Evil (1958)

That's just off the top of my head. There are literally hundreds of other great or really really good films from "the 1960s or before."
    Seen them all, most more than once. I gotta dig my notes out and start getting ready.....

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Here's a few more from 60s:

Cool Hand Luke - 1967
    The Time Machine - 1960
    Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - 1969
    The Hustler - 1961
    Midnight Cowboy - 1969
    Spartacus - 1960
    The Wild Bunch - 1969
    Bonnie and Clyde - 1967
    Battle of the Bulge - 1965
    Lawrence of Arabia - 1962
    Rosemary's Baby - 1968

All the Connery Bonds!
    And I still haven't seen Spartacus!

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Come on people! Three Billboards... is better than a MI movie.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post

Ben-Hur (1959)
    Rear Window (1954)
    Scaramouche (1952)
    Vertigo (1958)
    Them! (1954)
    Notorious (1946)
    Rebecca (1940)
    Rope (1948)
    Casablanca (1942)
    Shadow of a Doubt (1943)
    Citizen Kane (1941)
    Fantasia (1940)
    The Wizard of Oz (1939)
    Captain Blood (1935)
    M (1931)
    The Sea Hawk (1940)
    Freaks (1932)
    Throne of Blood (1957)
    Diabolique (1955)
    Rashomon (1950)
    The Seven Samurai (1954)
    Birth of a Nation (1915)
    Yojimbo (1961)
    Red Beard (1965)
    The Magnificent 7 (1960)
    Psycho (1960)
    The Birds (1963)
    Fail Safe (1964)
    Metropolis (1927)
    The Lodger (1927)
    The Great Escape (1963)
    Double Indemnity (1944)
    Touch of Evil (1958)

Well I've at least seen 15 of those. Mostly thanks to buying a Alfred Hitchcock set and a Universal Monsters set.

I suspect 3 of the top 4 for the 30's will be Dracula, Wizard of Oz and Gone with the Wind.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Three Billboards and Ghost Protocol are tied for second!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast