11 36.67%
  • Baby Driver

11 36.67%
  • The Hunger Games

9 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 2010s: Round 3 - Group 7 of 32

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 2010s: Round 3 - Group 7 of 32

During the third round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for up to two films you would like to move onto the next round. The top two films will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Arrival (2016)
    Directed by Denis Villeneuve

Watch Trailer

Annihilation (2018)
    Directed by Alex Garland

Watch Trailer

Baby Driver (2017)
    Directed by Edgar Wright

Watch Trailer

The Hunger Games (2012)
    Directed by Gary Ross

Watch Trailer

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Going with the Double As.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

me too.

Country
    Country Flag

Still loving Annihilation support! It ended up being my #6 movie of the decade: https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...=1#post1195182

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Maybe I should try watching it again. I'm just so in love with the book, and the movie is barely anything like the book, it was so disappointing. I wish he did his own thing without calling it Annihilation and then maybe I would have enjoyed it more.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Maybe I should try watching it again. I'm just so in love with the book, and the movie is barely anything like the book, it was so disappointing. I wish he did his own thing without calling it Annihilation and then maybe I would have enjoyed it more.
    It's so funny because I feel the opposite but for the same reason.

I read the book after seeing the movie and it's nothing like the film and therefore I found it really hard to get through.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Arrival. All day.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Really surprised for the lack of love for the Hunger Games. Saw annihilation, and thought it was meh, at best.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked The Hunger Games a lot, but I couldn't vote for it as the greatest of the decade.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hunger Games might be the very definition of meh. Give me Battle Royale instead.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    It's so funny because I feel the opposite but for the same reason.

I read the book after seeing the movie and it's nothing like the film and therefore I found it really hard to get through.
    I wonder what you would have felt about the film if you had read the book first.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Hunger Games might be the very definition of meh. Give me Battle Royale instead.
    Battle Royale is amazing.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I liked The Hunger Games a lot, but I couldn't vote for it as the greatest of the decade.
    Funny, the way I think of voting once we get past the nominations is that I am voting for the best of a group and not the greatest of the decade. Rarely do we come up with what I consider to be the greatest film of the decade.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe not THE greatest, but yes, I usually ask myself, "Do I think _____ is one of the greatest films of the decade?" If it's something that I just enjoyed but can't answer "yes" to that question, I usually don't vote for it (John Wick, Prisoners, Arrival, some others). But sometimes it's hard to be consistent and I do vote the way you mentioned in some brackets.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following title is moving on to the next round:
    1. Arrival (73.33%)

The following two titles will face off in a tiebreaker for the last spot:
    1. Annihilation (36.67%)
    2. Baby Driver (36.67%)

And the following title has been eliminated:
    1. The Hunger Games (30.00%)

+ Reply to Thread