14 50.00%
  • The Big Sick

5 17.86%
  • The Killing of a Sacred Deer

10 35.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 2010s: Round 2 - Group 29 of 32

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 2010s: Round 2 - Group 29 of 32

During the second round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for up to four films you would like to move onto the next round. The top four films will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
    Directed by Anthony and Joe Russo

Watch Trailer

Shutter Island (2010)
    Directed by Martin Scorsese

Watch Trailer

The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)
    Directed by Wes Anderson

Watch Trailer

BlacKkKlansman (2018)
    Directed by Spike Lee

Watch Trailer

The Big Sick (2017)
    Directed by Michael Showalter

Watch Trailer

The Killing of a Sacred Deer (2017)
    Directed by Yorgos Lanthimos

Watch Trailer

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Killing of a Sacred Deer is one of the best movies I have seen in my entire life

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Infinity War is I think only the 3rd MCU film I've voted for this roud.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Apprentice Pere Jere will become famous soon enough Pere Jere's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I love all of Wes Anderson’s films and The Grand Budapest Hotel, like most of them, gets better each time I watch it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One day to go and The Grand Budapest Hotel and The Killing of a Sacred Deer are tied for fourth!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, I thought Infinity War would be doing a lot better...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

We need more votes for Killing of a Sacred Deer!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm surprised The Grand Budapest Hotel is struggling to stay in the competition. I feel it's Anderson's best film.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following four titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. Avengers: Infinity War (64.29%)
    2. BlacKkKlansman (50.00%)
    3. Shutter Island (42.86%)
    4. The Grand Budapest Hotel (39.29%)

And the following two titles have been eliminated:
    1. The Killing of a Sacred Deer (35.71%)
    2. The Big Sick (17.86%)

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I wish I had seen more of these movies, so I could vote on more of them.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    And the following two titles have been eliminated:
    1. The Killing of a Sacred Deer (35.71%)
    noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jean, sorry that this is too late to make a difference in the contest, but you might like to know:

---------------------------------------
    DVD Netflix

We Shipped You
    The Killing of a Sacred Deer
    The Killing of a Sacred Deer
    In this tale of horror based on a Euripides tragedy, a surgeon begins to regret his decision to help a troubled teenage boy after being drawn ever-deeper into the dramas revolving around the young man's dysfunctional family.

Expected arrival: 09/11/2020
    --------------------------------------------

I jumped this directly to the top of my queue based on your love of the film. I might not always agree with your movie opinions, but I always respect them and know that your recommendations are always worth a shot, no matter what I end up thinking of any particular movie.

Country
    Country Flag

I so hope you'll love it, but even if you don't I promise you won't regret watching it

+ Reply to Thread