11 44.00%
  • Whiplash

10 40.00%
  • The Jungle Book

5 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 2010s: Round 2 - Group 16 of 32

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 2010s: Round 2 - Group 16 of 32

During the second round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for up to four films you would like to move onto the next round. The top four films will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Get Out (2017)
    Directed by Jordan Peele

Watch Trailer

The Revenant (2015)
    Directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu

Watch Trailer

Us (2019)
    Directed by Jordan Peele

Watch Trailer

Bridesmaids (2011)
    Directed by Paul Feig

Watch Trailer

Whiplash (2014)
    Directed by Damien Chazelle

Watch Trailer

The Jungle Book (2016)
    Directed by Jon Favreau

Watch Trailer

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Get Out is overrated. Come at me.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I don't agree with you and I don't disagree with you. Dont' get me wrong, Get Out is a fine film, filmed with confidence and discipline by Peele. I just don't know if it's the transcendent work of art it's been hailed as.

I also only saw it that one time in theaters, so maybe I need to give it another go.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! This is a killer group.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Have to abstain on this one LOL! haven't seen any of them
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Get Out is a fine film, filmed with confidence and discipline by Peele. I just don't know if it's the transcendent work of art it's been hailed as.
    Agreed. Also, that sounds like it could be the Rotten Tomatoes consensus.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn. What is going on with Whiplash?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Question. Did you see it pre or post-hype? Honestly, in many ways, the answer to that question will weigh heavily on how I evaluate your opinion. If you saw it day one, I'm cool with it. If you saw it when it came out on Blu-ray, I have issues.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, after it had been out awhile. But I didn't let the hype get to me because I wasn't really invested in it to begin with.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

This is the first poll I've participated in that I can't vote for a single film.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    This is the first poll I've participated in that I can't vote for a single film.
    I'm stunned.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I'm stunned.
    I actually haven't seen any of them is why which still might be stunning.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm stunned.
    Ah...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Damn. What is going on with Whiplash?
    It's losing to Bridesmaids....

I'm stunned.
    Put Get Out and Whiplash on your queue. You're likely to find both in any top 100 films of the 2010's list.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Ok Ricky, this is just crazy talk.

I love how it mixed horror with humor with social issues. I do wonder if you had seen it right away, possibly in a packed theater, if you would have enjoyed it more. The audience I saw it with was so into it, the girl in the seat next to us was literally jumping up and down in her seat. I've never seen anything like that before It also put Jordan Peele on my radar and I'll watch anything he makes now.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm stunned.
    That just means you have some good stuff to look forward to.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bridesmaids and Whiplash tied for fourth.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following four titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. Get Out (76.00%)
    2. The Revenant (64.00%)
    3. Us (48.00%)
    4. Bridesmaids (44.00%)

And the following two titles have been eliminated:
    1. Whiplash (40.00%)
    2. The Jungle Book (20.00%)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I missed thus poll... and Whiplash is gone. What?
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I missed thus poll... and Whiplash is gone. What?
    You know, I meant to send you a message because I noticed you hadn't voted in it yet, but I forgot.

+ Reply to Thread