15 51.72%
  • Ex Machina

17 58.62%
  • I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House

3 10.34%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 2010s: Round 1 - Group 28 of 32

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 2010s: Round 1 - Group 28 of 32

During the first round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for up to six films you would like to move onto the next round. The top six films will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

1922 (2017)
    Directed by Zak Hilditch

Watch Trailer

Pitch Perfect (2012)
    Directed by Jason Moore

Watch Trailer

12 Years a Slave (2013)
    Directed by Steve McQueen

Watch Trailer

Kubo and the Two Strings (2016)
    Directed by Travis Knight

Watch Trailer

Logan (2017)
    Directed by James Mangold

Watch Trailer

Sicario (2015)
    Directed by Denis Villeneuve

Watch Trailer

Warrior (2011)
    Directed by Gavin O'Connor

Watch Trailer

Us (2019)
    Directed by Jordan Peele

Watch Trailer

Ex Machina (2014)
    Directed by Alex Garland

Watch Trailer

I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House (2016)
    Directed by Oz Perkins

Watch Trailer

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Warrior - one of my favorites!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TnTzDad View Post
    GOnna watch that agian.. I forget it BUT member loving it!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TnTzDad View Post
    GOnna watch that agian.. I forget it BUT member loving it!
    It's right up there with Shawshank. I could watch it all day, every day. I still remember sitting on the edge of my seat when that first fight scene went down and Tommy tore Mad Dog up! Hardy was yoked for that movie, and Batman.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sad to see Kubo get swallowed up in the first round. It's a superior piece of stop motion animation. A brilliant piece of filmmaking.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Sad to see Kubo get swallowed up in the first round. It's a superior piece of stop motion animation. A brilliant piece of filmmaking.
    Agreed It's a top 5 animated film of the decade for me.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Us was an immense fun to watch (twice, so far)

also, happy to say that I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House has now three votes instead of two

Heather and Becca,

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    also, happy to say that I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House has now three votes instead of two

Heather and Becca,
    Yes I wish more people would watch this one. It's one of my favorite recent horrors.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just happy to see Pitch Perfect take a dive.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I'm just happy to see Pitch Perfect take a dive.
    I am happy to say that Pitch Perfect is one of my guilty pleasures, so I am not as happy to see it go in round one. It's actually quite an excellent comedy.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post

Heather and Becca,
    Yes I wish more people would watch this one. It's one of my favorite recent horrors.
    still only three votes. Bears are sad.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following six titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. Logan (72.41%)
    2. 12 Years a Slave (58.62%)
    3. Ex Machina (58.62%)
    4. Sicario (58.62%)
    5. Us (51.72%)
    6. 1922 (34.48%)

And the following four titles have been eliminated:
    1. Warrior (20.69%)
    2. Kubo and the Two Strings (17.24%)
    3. Pitch Perfect (17.24%)
    4. I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House (10.34%)

+ Reply to Thread