11 37.93%
  • The Edge of Seventeen

4 13.79%
  • Nightcrawler

11 37.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 2010s: Round 1 - Group 23 of 32

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 2010s: Round 1 - Group 23 of 32

During the first round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for up to six films you would like to move onto the next round. The top six films will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

A Most Wanted Man (2014)
    Directed by Anton Corbijn

Watch Trailer

Doctor Strange (2016)
    Directed by Scott Derrickson

Watch Trailer

Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (2011)
    Directed by Brad Bird

Watch Trailer

Winter's Bone (2010)
    Directed by Debra Granik

Watch Trailer

The Hateful Eight (2015)
    Directed by Quentin Tarantino

Watch Trailer

Creed (2015)
    Directed by Ryan Coogler

Watch Trailer

The Invitation (2015)
    Directed by Karyn Kusama

Watch Trailer

Hidden Figures (2016)
    Directed by Theodore Melfi

Watch Trailer

The Edge of Seventeen (2016)
    Directed by Kelly Fremon Craig

Watch Trailer

Nightcrawler (2014)
    Directed by Dan Gilroy

Watch Trailer

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy to see Nightcrawler doing well.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Hateful 8 has got to be one of his worse films. I hope it fails miserably in the next round....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Really? I love that film. I don't think it's his best, but I would definitely rank it above quite a few of his others.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

A little sad to a most wanted man not doing so well. It a great well thought out movie and Philip Seymour Hoffman, plus the rest of the cast is really good.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Really? I love that film. I don't think it's his best, but I would definitely rank it above quite a few of his others.
    I love Hateful Eight as well. But I would probably put it in the bottom half of his stuff. That said his worst movies are still better than a lot of directors best movies.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hateful 8 is not the best Tarantino movie, but I rather enjoyed it. Part of my enjoyment was seeing it opening day in a theater that showed it in true 70mm widescreen, and it had an actual 15 minute intermission.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes! The "Roadshow" version. You got a nice glossy booklet with your ticket. I did think it funny that Tarantino emphasized the 70mm aspect for a film that was, by and large, set in a single room.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It still looked amazing. And the intermission was great for those who had a beer or two.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I still have that awesome glossy booklet from my viewing. And yes, the 15 minute intermission certainly added to the experience. Everything about that theater viewing experience was amazing.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

^Agreed!

And The Hateful Eight is one of my favorite Tarantino films, just below Kill Bill.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    The Hateful 8 has got to be one of his worse films. I hope it fails miserably in the next round....
    Come, now. It's not his best, but it's not a bad film. It does such a great job of building tension. It's really a stage play is what it is.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Come, now. It's not his best, but it's not a bad film. It does such a great job of building tension. It's really a stage play is what it is.
    Great observation, and a great stage play it is. One of my favorite Tarantino film's.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Great observation, and a great stage play it is. One of my favorite Tarantino film's.
    I like movies though... not plays. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And so it begins, our growing disagreement on films. Oh, and there have been some extraordinary films made from plays!

Country
    Country Flag

And so it begins, our growing disagreement on films. Oh, and there have been some extraordinary films made from plays!
    We like many the same though man!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following six titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. The Hateful Eight (75.86%)
    2. Doctor Strange (48.28%)
    3. Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (48.28%)
    4. Winter's Bone (41.38%)
    5. Hidden Figures (37.93%)
    6. Nightcrawler (37.93%)

And the following four titles have been eliminated:
    1. Creed (34.48%)
    2. The Invitation (27.59%)
    3. A Most Wanted Man (13.79%)
    4. The Edge of Seventeen (13.79%)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

The Edge of Seventeen with only 13.79%?

I'm guessing this is because nobody has seen it? It's at 94% on RT.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, unfortunately, I never saw it, so didn't vote for it.

+ Reply to Thread