6 22.22%
  • Arrival

19 70.37%
  • Anomalisa

4 14.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 2010s: Round 1 - Group 20 of 32

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 2010s: Round 1 - Group 20 of 32

During the first round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for up to six films you would like to move onto the next round. The top six films will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Moonlight (2016)
    Directed by Barry Jenkins

Watch Trailer

Skyfall (2012)
    Directed by Sam Mendes

Watch Trailer

Boyhood (2014)
    Directed by Richard Linklater

Watch Trailer

Captain Phillips (2013)
    Directed by Paul Greengrass

Watch Trailer

Trouble with the Curve (2012)
    Directed by Robert Lorenz

Watch Trailer

The Revenant (2015)
    Directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu

Watch Trailer

John Wick (2014)
    Directed by Chad Stahelski

Watch Trailer

The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)
    Directed by Stephen Chbosky

Watch Trailer

Arrival (2016)
    Directed by Denis Villeneuve

Watch Trailer

Anomalisa (2015)
    Directed by Charlie Kaufman and Duke Johnson

Watch Trailer

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting to see Moonlight and Boyhood in the same poll. They are two films that get compared fairly often. I believe we just had a discussion recently regarding those two films.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

We did. You accepted how utterly wrong you were about Boyhood and apologized to everyone. Profusely.

We all had beers afterward. It was great.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yet Boyhood is tied for seventh

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    We did. You accepted how utterly wrong you were about Boyhood and apologized to everyone. Profusely.

We all had beers afterward. It was great.

Well, it's early but Moonlight has more votes! I'm sure the main character is sulking somewhere. It's the only emotion the kid could show in 12 years. Where is that actor now, I wonder?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sad to see Trouble With the Curve going down. A really charming Eastwood film. A wonderfully nostalgic contrast to Moneyball.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following six titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. John Wick (77.78%)
    2. Arrival (70.37%)
    3. Skyfall (66.67%)
    4. The Revenant (59.26%)
    5. Captain Phillips (40.74%)
    6. Moonlight (37.04%)

And the following four titles have been eliminated:
    1. Boyhood (25.93%)
    2. The Perks of Being a Wallflower (22.22%)
    3. Trouble with the Curve (18.52%)
    4. Anomalisa (14.81%)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    eliminated:
    [*]The Perks of Being a Wallflower (22.22%)
    I thought this movie would do better. I think it just fell into an unfortunate grouping.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

+ Reply to Thread