15 51.72%
  • The Big Sick

10 34.48%
  • Pain and Glory

3 10.34%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 2010s: Round 1 - Group 19 of 32

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 2010s: Round 1 - Group 19 of 32

During the first round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for up to six films you would like to move onto the next round. The top six films will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Green Room (2015)
    Directed by Jeremy Saulnier

Watch Trailer

Carol (2015)
    Directed by Todd Haynes

Watch Trailer

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
    Directed by Joss Whedon

Watch Trailer

Brooklyn (2015)
    Directed by John Crowley

Watch Trailer

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 (2011)
    Directed by David Yates

Watch Trailer

Looper (2012)
    Directed by Rian Johnson

Watch Trailer

Mandy (2018)
    Directed by Panos Cosmatos

Watch Trailer

Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
    Directed by Kathryn Bigelow

Watch Trailer

The Big Sick (2017)
    Directed by Michael Showalter

Watch Trailer

Pain and Glory (2019)
    Directed by Pedro Almodóvar

Watch Trailer

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Age of Ultron shouldn't be leading anything, especially in this group. A few cool action sequences but completely forgettable. And this is coming from a huge superhero movie nerd like me.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Age of Ultron shouldn't be leading anything, especially in this group. A few cool action sequences but completely forgettable. And this is coming from a huge superhero movie nerd like me.
    So much of this tournament (at this stage) is really just people voting for what they've seen. Which is why movies like Age of Ultron ultimately move on. It'll never make it to the end though.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Carol, Brooklyn and Green Room still have a shot here.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    So much of this tournament (at this stage) is really just people voting for what they've seen. Which is why movies like Age of Ultron ultimately move on. It'll never make it to the end though.

Are you proposing folks vote for movies they haven't seen?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I quite agree - it's far down on my Marvel list of films. The problem is, it never should have been nominated or seconded in the first place. Unfortunately, that's what happens when we open things up to 300+

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following six titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. Avengers: Age of Ultron (58.62%)
    2. Looper (58.62%)
    3. Zero Dark Thirty (51.72%)
    4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 (41.38%)
    5. The Big Sick (34.48%)
    6. Green Room (31.03%)

And the following four titles have been eliminated:
    1. Brooklyn (17.24%)
    2. Carol (17.24%)
    3. Mandy (17.24%)
    4. Pain and Glory (10.34%)

Country
    Country Flag

I'd easily swap out four of the six that moved on for the four that were eliminated. Brooklyn and Carol especially are great films.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I really wish Brooklyn could have moved on. It's a great movie. It was actually the only film I voted for in this group.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread