Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: New King novel "Later"- Collecting Information

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Originally Posted by*Scoogs*

Shortly before the sale I noticed this line on the blog post or I would not have known to look on the other site:
    Preorder (from 4pm GMT/11am ET/8am PT on Wednesday, 18 November 2020):*Forbidden Planet (UK) | Another Universe (US)
    What blog entry was that and where? The webpage said, "Pre-order links will be live on this page at 4pm GMT/11am ET/8am PT on Wednesday, 18 November 2020" , and I read that page top to bottom several times, no mention anywhere of going to other sites. The links weren't there anytome between 8:50 and 9:10.
    I found that line for each edition at the bottom of the blog post this morning(lettered said it was a Titan exclusive instead of those two stores). There weren't any active links though and I'm not sure if it was originally there yesterday or not.
    I just googled the store and was refreshing their home page as well as the blog post to see what went live first.
    Mark Twain

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

At ~ 7:03 am, I received an email from Titan and it had this in the body:

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    anyone get a lettered? still not seeing a button to add to cart
    I've seen a couple of people who said they got a lettered - but I just never saw an option to buy.
    I wish they would just say out of stock if its sold out, still hopelessly refreshing
    hhahhaha! I thought i was the only SAP still doing that! haha
    Glad I wasn't the only one doing that.
    Ok, noticed on Titan's homepage it says it is sold out. Nothing on the "order" page.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to those that got this book. Kudos to you! I (like others) made the arrogant mistake of not reading as closely as I should. Even though I am part of Titan's subscriber base...I got NO SUCH announcement/email from them like Jerome did.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice brionen has a spectacular aura about brionen has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Originally Posted by*Scoogs*

Shortly before the sale I noticed this line on the blog post or I would not have known to look on the other site:
    Preorder (from 4pm GMT/11am ET/8am PT on Wednesday, 18 November 2020):*Forbidden Planet (UK) | Another Universe (US)
    What blog entry was that and where? The webpage said, "Pre-order links will be live on this page at 4pm GMT/11am ET/8am PT on Wednesday, 18 November 2020" , and I read that page top to bottom several times, no mention anywhere of going to other sites. The links weren't there anytome between 8:50 and 9:10.
    I found that line for each edition at the bottom of the blog post this morning(lettered said it was a Titan exclusive instead of those two stores). There weren't any active links though and I'm not sure if it was originally there yesterday or not.
    I just googled the store and was refreshing their home page as well as the blog post to see what went live first.
    The lines with the store names were there yesterday when I first saw the post. They weren't active links at all yesterday (I checked a few times throughout the day hoping to get lucky). I googled the stores to get to their websites. I searched for the book on the US store - nothing showed up last night but this morning it did right at 10am CST- the unsigned was available to order but the limited wasn't. I ordered an unsigned to be sure I got at least one. The limited was active a bit later.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to all who snagged a copy of whichever one you were after! I didn't even bother to try thus freeing up a little internet for those who really wanted it.
    Quick question as I do want all firsts, will the PB be considered the true first edition or the hardcover unsigned limited? I'm guessing that's considered a gift edition?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I do not see paperbacks as collectible or worthy of having on my bookshelves so for me it's always been the first hardcover edition. For instance, I bought and read The Green Mile chapbooks as they came out, but I only have the collected Scribner hardcover on my bookshelves.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Thankfully I've ordered from Forbidden Planet before so had an account. Got a confirmation email and says they will contact me for shipping cost. Fingers crossed
    I order from FP all of the time - they get a ton of signed graphic novels and signed books - that no one else gets.

BTW be prepared to keep track of emails - when it is in stock or close to ship you'll get an email to confirm the shipping quote - they'll send that separately. Oh and it will be on the higher end of other UK sites that ships to the US (trust me) but you need to reply to proceed, otherwise they will cancel after I think 5 to 7 days. So whomever bought from FP you might wanna post when someone gets this email so we are all on the lookout - especially if it might go into SPAM folder.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Why is ordering a SK limited edition almost always a clusterfuck?
    Certainly seems that way, doesn't it? It would've taken so little foresight and effort to make clear how to order the books...and yet, it didn't happen. On the contrary, their page heading that indicated that that Titan Books page was the ordering page was more than misleading, it was incorrect (unless one apparently read between the lines for the correct order venue).

I was lucky on the first two clusters (11/22/63 and JOYLAND), but my luck ran out on this one. I certainly don't mind if I lose out due to being slow on the mouse-click or any other factor inherent in the collecting game with a competition for a limited number of copies with high demand...but, Christ, when I'm hovering at the computer at 8 in the morning, ready to go, ready to play, and I suddenly find the rules of the game have been changed, the location of the match changed without notice, it's incredibly frustrating, disappointing, and maybe even a bit maddening.

<--- EDIT: On a positive note, my post count is ready to click over to 1000, so I guess that's something to smile about, to try and drown my sorrows about this morning's cluster. I guess.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Got both SL and Lettered 😊
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Congrats Ari!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NICE ARI! I just got the letter. I am so happy man
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    NICE ARI! I just got the letter. I am so happy man
    Congrats Kris!

Hope your move is going well today.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to all who were lucky (fast!) enough to snag a copy!!! I’ll be watching the market for one once they are out.

Along the Path of the Beam ConstantReader84 has a spectacular aura about ConstantReader84 has a spectacular aura about

Hi everyone, don’t post much here but instead do a lot of lurking. I was not able to get a signed numbered and am offering a signed If It Bleeds from Sarasota plus cash for trade.

I have a good friend who has belonged to this site who could vouch for me.

Please let me know if you are interested!

Gunslinger Apprentice HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough

My Mood
    Amazed

Default Add me to the Looking List!

Add me to the list of people looking for a numbered edition of Later!
    Searching for:
    CD S/L's of:
    Gwendy's BB
    Gwendy's MF

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

The lucky streak remains strong!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Congrats to those that got this book. Kudos to you! I (like others) made the arrogant mistake of not reading as closely as I should. Even though I am part of Titan's subscriber base...I got NO SUCH announcement/email from them like Jerome did.
    I found out today, there is a Titan subscriber base, and Titan exclusive subscriber.

I may be wrong, but Titan exclusives got the email.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If nothing else, I hope that this whole mess has given some people who don't have a signed King book to score their first one.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The collecting saga may be better than the book. And I continue to be amazed at the amount of disposable income. Imagine a book priced at that amount being considered affordable and sold out in minutes. They would shake their heads at that in many places and question our sanity. It makes me wonder what is the high water mark on these books? Would the numbered have sold out at $1K per book or more?

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

These are fairly cheap by the standards of most publishers. The lettered price is less than what a numbered edition for King would be elsewhere.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    The collecting saga may be better than the book. And I continue to be amazed at the amount of disposable income. Imagine a book priced at that amount being considered affordable and sold out in minutes. They would shake their heads at that in many places and question our sanity. It makes me wonder what is the high water mark on these books? Would the numbered have sold out at $1K per book or more?
    It would still sell out at $1k per copy, though perhaps not as shockingly quickly as it did.

$1k per copy would have just made it more "exclusive", which would have still made it desirable to the hardcore collectors.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    These are fairly cheap by the standards of most publishers. The lettered price is less than what a numbered edition for King would be elsewhere.
    The quality is pretty crap though. It’s basically a trade edition with a tipped in sig page.
    I bet you wouldn't pass on one though.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought it'd be. The hardcover trade edition with a tipped in page.

My guess is $300-$400 on the secondary market, maybe a little more?
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought it'd be. The hardcover trade edition with a tipped in page.

My guess is $300-$400 on the secondary market, maybe a little more?
    $700 sales ALREADY on Ebay!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast