Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: New King novel "Later"- Collecting Information

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have offered mine for trade plus $200 for a Grants Christine (numbered)
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A quick note for the lettered owners. Be very very careful opening the traycase. The case is very stiff and the glue is not strong enough to keep it in shape. Extra care should prevent this.

My original case was split at the hinge where it opens and it doesn’t close properly.

I reached out to Titan as soon as I realised it was damaged with no expectations whatsoever, as I understand they generally make the exact amount required, but they sent me, I believe, the very last replacement box they had remaining at the printers.

I received it this morning, from the US....and it had a sealed book in it! My mind was racing! Wtf!

I emailed instantly, to check if it should be sent back, and got a quick reply....open it Dave...

My heart was pounding.

I had my headphones on, and Bloodstream was playing loudly (don’t judge) I opened it and it’s an unsigned copy of the book, which is brilliant as I now have a reading copy too.

I had no expectations whatsoever, but there was a chance it could have been anything, they all are packed the same. It felt a little like a game show, open the box! Drum roll, bloodstream style. Very exciting. Savoured that moment!

What a fun way to start the day.

You know, this has been one of the best book buying experiences I have had, and you can quote me.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of cases, has SK Collector mentioned doing a slipcase for Later?
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, check his home page.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

There is a Later slipcase coming from Jeff Whiley soon as well.... (watch this space)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    There is a Later slipcase coming from Jeff Whiley soon as well.... (watch this space)
    Which edition(s) will it support?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Which edition(s) will it support?
    It will be initially sized for the Hardcover - so Trade and Limited. If there is demand, it could be scaled to fit the Paperback to I suppose.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Please remind us when they are available, pretty please!
    I want one!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got my Lettered edition today. Have to say, a little disappointed that the traycase doesn't have the title printed on the spine. Can't tell what book is in it on the shelf, unless you display it sideways.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Send it to me and I'll evaluate it for you.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Ebay sales of the signed edition over the last month:

4/27 $1349.99 Ebay Best offer
    4/26 $1299.99 Ebay BIN
    4/22 $1375.00 Ebay BIN
    4/20 $1113.20 Ebay (UK)
    4/19 $1250.00 Ebay BIN
    4/15 $1043.63 Ebay (UK)
    4/6 $962.92 Ebay (UK)

$1199.25 average
    FYI, offered my copy #352 in the collectible classifieds thread for $ 1100 incl. Worldwide, insured priority shipping (Paypal F&F). Please PM if interested
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Along the Path of the Beam HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about

My signed/numbered came today. I got my limited (unsigned) last week. This is my first SK signature. Signatures are not my main interest - I love the books.
    I am thinking I will probably keep the unsigned one, and maybe trade it for something else that would give me more joy.

I have a question for the experienced book traders. It's still in the shrinkwrap. Would it be better to leave it intact?

Which leads to my next question. Is there any way to know what number it is without opening it? I have looked at all the packaging and can't really tell. There is a big 47 on my despatch note from Forbidden Planet but that might just be the form number. Any hints?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default New King novel "Later"- Collecting Information

Quote Originally Posted by HumphreyBBear View Post
    My signed/numbered came today. I got my limited (unsigned) last week. This is my first SK signature. Signatures are not my main interest - I love the books.
    I am thinking I will probably keep the unsigned one, and maybe trade it for something else that would give me more joy.

I have a question for the experienced book traders. It's still in the shrinkwrap. Would it be better to leave it intact?

Which leads to my next question. Is there any way to know what number it is without opening it? I have looked at all the packaging and can't really tell. There is a big 47 on my despatch note from Forbidden Planet but that might just be the form number. Any hints?
    Remove the shrink wrap. There has been at least one documented book that was missing the signature.

The inner box has a long number printed on it. There is a 1-3 digit number printed below this, which should be your number.

Along the Path of the Beam HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about HumphreyBBear has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Stroppy.

I've lurked here long enough to do what you tell me!

I have 279 (and it has the scribble where it should).

Thanks for the response

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Ebay sales of the signed edition over the last month:

4/27 $1349.99 Ebay Best offer
    4/26 $1299.99 Ebay BIN
    4/22 $1375.00 Ebay BIN
    4/20 $1113.20 Ebay (UK)
    4/19 $1250.00 Ebay BIN
    4/15 $1043.63 Ebay (UK)
    4/6 $962.92 Ebay (UK)

$1199.25 average
    FYI, offered my copy #352 in the collectible classifieds thread for $ 1100 incl. Worldwide, insured priority shipping (Paypal F&F). Please PM if interested
    FYI, price lowered to $ 1000SOLD
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lividian is producing a slipcase for the standard and limited:

LATER by Stephen King Slipcase For Hard Case Crime Hardcover Editions!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Thank you for sharing the link!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very curious to see how other impending slipcases will look by comparison. I like the Lividian slipcase and ordered one.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Thank you for sharing the link!

Brian
    Most welcome!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King - Später
    Publisher Heyne

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

The story was so underwhelming. Top 5 most forgettable for me.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Weird, I quite enjoyed it.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Weird, I quite enjoyed it.
    Agreed. I thought it was fantastic!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved it!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really liked this one a lot too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast