Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: New King novel "Later"- Collecting Information

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought it'd be. The hardcover trade edition with a tipped in page.

My guess is $300-$400 on the secondary market, maybe a little more?
    I'm guessing close to a $1000 to start on ebay, then it will settle in around $600 because of the relatively low limitation.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought it'd be. The hardcover trade edition with a tipped in page.

$700 sales ALREADY on Ebay!!!!!!!!!
    It will go up a little, then settle in around $600.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Congratulations to all who scored a copy, or two, and commiserations to those who missed out.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would say that is freaking ridiculous, but with the prices many SK books have been going for this year it is probably in line with the demand.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    If nothing else, I hope that this whole mess has given some people who don't have a signed King book to score their first one.
    That will be my very first lettered
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    If nothing else, I hope that this whole mess has given some people who don't have a signed King book to score their first one.
    That will be my very first lettered
    Fantastic. Excellent news
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by playdohman View Post

I would say that is freaking ridiculous, but with the prices many SK books have been going for this year it is probably in line with the demand.
    Yeah, even a lot of the unsigned gift editions have been going for crazy prices.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post

I'm guessing close to a $1000 to start on ebay, then it will settle in around $600 because of the relatively low limitation.
    $1000!?!?! wtf....that's crazy!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Sheesh, iits amazing how no one seems to adhere to the 30 day limit on preorders on ebay.

I guess you could buy one now, and if you find a better deal lLater, you could cancel and claim they did not deliver in the 30 day window.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

Sheesh, iits amazing how no one seems to adhere to the 30 day limit on preorders on ebay.

I guess you could buy one now, and if you find a better deal lLater, you could cancel and claim they did not deliver in the 30 day window.
    I was told there's a work around with setting it to local pickup to bypass the 30 day window. Obviously the buyer has to be willing to go this route with the understanding of how it'll work.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have 2 for sale. $625 shipped in USA.
    First two to commit and pay, gets them.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

i'm still holding 2 numbered copies of Joyland. if someone was interested in a swap of Numbered Later for a Numbered Joyland, i would entertain the offer.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

The lettered must have been gone almost instantly. As soon as I got to the page the order link was gone.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, even a lot of the unsigned gift editions have been going for crazy prices.

What kind of prices?
    There are still some copies left, so people should do more research : https://forbiddenplanet.com/314911-l...ion-hardcover/
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Somebody posted elsewhere, 2 seconds to sell the letterdds
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm afraid it took a lot more to sell out. I bought mine 3 or 4 minutes after it started.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Traveler tdeady is on a distinguished road

I'm guessing these are gone?

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

What kind of prices?
    There are still some copies left, so people should do more research : https://forbiddenplanet.com/314911-l...ion-hardcover/
    Oh, I wasn't talking about the unsigned Later. I was just talking in general with the King gift editions. Like the 25th anniversary gift edition of IT. Going for as much as $1000 on ebay.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tdeady View Post
    Try RF... he might have one But I think he sold his
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tdeady View Post
    Yea. They went very fast. Don't feel too bad. You were not the only one who missed out. Maybe you can find one
    on the secondary market when the price settles. I also see this is your first post. Welcome to the forum.
    We have a welcome section, and a place where you can display and talk about your collection. That part is
    Calvins Corner
    https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...alvin-s-Corner
    You can introduce your self here
    https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...oduce-yourself
    We are always happy to welcome new people.

Country
    Country Flag

What kind of prices?
    Oh, I wasn't talking about the unsigned Later. I was just talking in general with the King gift editions. Like the 25th anniversary gift edition of IT. Going for as much as $1000 on ebay.

Yes, but IT is an iconic book. With emblematic adaptations as well.
    I don't think that it's in anyway comparable.
    But that could happen nonethelesss

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

EDIT--removed my post because my question was answered down-thread.

Traveler ILoveNozz-A-La is on a distinguished road ILoveNozz-A-La's Avatar

Interesting that It gift edition was brought up. I was thinking about asking if anyone would want to trade CDs gift edition of It for the Later signed limited that I was able to get. It is the only King book that CD produced that I don’t own. But, if that’s the value for It now I’m not sure it’s comparable

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveNozz-A-La View Post
    Interesting that It gift edition was brought up. I was thinking about asking if anyone would want to trade CDs gift edition of It for the Later signed limited that I was able to get. It is the only King book that CD produced that I don’t own. But, if that’s the value for It now I’m not sure it’s comparable
    I don't think that's the overall value. I think it's mostly been an ebay thing. You'll likely find it much cheaper in other places.

I know John's collection will have an IT gift edition posted on Betts either the next batch or the one after that. I assume it'll be priced a lot more reasonable. 500-700 range is probably the overall going rate if you don't count ebay. As Herb mentioned earlier, IT is an exception with gift editions. Out of all the unsigned King gift editions, IT is probably the most valuable unless I'm forgetting one.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i guess i have to overpay once again... anyone want to sell Signed edition? let me know
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast