Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: "Later": New Stephen King novel - March 2, 2021

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    On the King groups... EVERYONE is loving this book.
    I would assume that is the case, at least in part, because everyone there is a big King fan. It's a decent read but nothing special. Like most recent King books, the plot is not very inspired and the characters are largely stereotypes. That sounds overly negative but I did enjoy the book. It just doesn't compare to the early King books that had a raw kind of energy. King has been rich and famous for decades now. I think that takes an artistic toll on his ability to relate to normal people and situations. Similar to how the Rolling Stones once wrote songs like "Street Fighting Man" but later wrote songs like "(I got a) Brand New Car." Just not the same.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I finished it as well. A good read but not a great one. I enjoyed Joyland much more than this book.
    Spoiler
    Joyland is my favorite HCC King title as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember I got mad as hell from missing out on the Later S/N LE onsale.

Im talking Calvin & Hobbes Black mark scribble over your head mad...

Because of this I never ordered a regular unsigned HC. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I have since come around the other side. I now find myself wanting to own a copy of the HC, mainly just to read the work (as i like to do with a good feeling HC book in my hand.)

I am hoping that some kind soul picked up more than one and would be willing to sell me their extra, even if it's only to help erase that psychic wound that following direction to a website that did not contain onsale links (even though I had knowledge of how similar Hardcase onsales worked in the past having bought Joyland) caused in me.

Thanks in advance
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I just emailed Another Universe and they told me that my signed edition will ship March 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Anyone get a notification or confirmation that they are being shipped today? I haven't seen anything via email.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I just emailed Another Universe and they told me that my signed edition will ship March 9.

Anyone get a notification or confirmation that they are being shipped today? I haven't seen anything via email.
    Nothing yet.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I remember I got mad as hell from missing out on the Later S/N LE onsale.

Im talking Calvin & Hobbes Black mark scribble over your head mad...

Because of this I never ordered a regular unsigned HC. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I have since come around the other side. I now find myself wanting to own a copy of the HC, mainly just to read the work (as i like to do with a good feeling HC book in my hand.)

I am hoping that some kind soul picked up more than one and would be willing to sell me their extra, even if it's only to help erase that psychic wound that following direction to a website that did not contain onsale links (even though I had knowledge of how similar Hardcase onsales worked in the past having bought Joyland) caused in me.

Thanks in advance
    Tippy (Rick) has one up on eBay. You may want to contact him directly.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The German SPÄTER, announced for 15.03.21 is arround for a few days....

Along the Path of the Beam ConstantReader84 has a spectacular aura about ConstantReader84 has a spectacular aura about

Anyone get a shipping confirmation yet? Excited to get this in hand.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

It's a decent read but nothing special. Like most recent King books, the plot is not very inspired and the characters are largely stereotypes. That sounds overly negative but I did enjoy the book. It just doesn't compare to the early King books that had a raw kind of energy. King has been rich and famous for decades now. I think that takes an artistic toll on his ability to relate to normal people and situations. Similar to how the Rolling Stones once wrote songs like "Street Fighting Man" but later wrote songs like "(I got a) Brand New Car." Just not the same.
    Excellent analogy.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ConstantReader84 View Post
    Nothing for me yet

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Impatient to know when the lettered will be shipping !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Impatient to know when the lettered will be shipping !
    I suspect in 2 weeks or so
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing for me yet

Nothing for me either. Do we know if they even send a confirmation? Maybe they just ship it.

Traveler JackMortal will become famous soon enough JackMortal will become famous soon enough

I finished listening to this book on audio yesterday. There's a lot of the Kingverse mythos embedded within the framework of this novella, and I dig it. I was wondering if Jamie Conklin has "the shining" and whether all of the evil people who are reluctant to crossover are susceptible to becoming hosts for the deadlights. Would've been cool if Liz's revenant form became possessed by the deadlights. So many possibilities blossom in my mind due to the ambiguity of King's new title, but he'll probably fill us in...
    Later

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing for me yet

Nothing for me either. Do we know if they even send a confirmation? Maybe they just ship it.
    This is what they told me:

Country
    Country Flag

I emailed again and this was their response:

Please be aware that the hardcover versions of Stephen King’s Later will begin shipping on March 30. The paperback released on March 2.

If you have already ordered, you will receiving a confirmation once shipped. If you have not placed an order or wish to increase your current order, we are sold out and do not expect to receive any cancellations. You will need to purchase on the secondary market.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Please be aware that the hardcover versions of Stephen King’s Later will begin shipping on March 30. The paperback released on March 2.

If you have already ordered, you will receiving a confirmation once shipped. If you have not placed an order or wish to increase your current order, we are sold out and do not expect to receive any cancellations. You will need to purchase on the secondary market.
    I bet they hate us collectors. haha Just emailing every few hours. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think they hate collectors yet. As they sold out very quickly (probably too quickly for them).
    But wait til they get customers complaining about dinged corners, IF they send their copies in a non padded (and even then) basic envelop.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Well I emailed once in February and once today. So I'm certainly not giving them heartache.

Country
    Country Flag

Well I emailed once in February and once today. So I'm certainly not giving them heartache.
    I mean "as a unit".. like everyone of us. I sent one so far. I know some that have sent 10+! LOL Multiply that by 400 S/L's, That is a lot of messages haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if "hardcover" means the s/l or just the unsigned hardcover which is also sold out or both?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I don't think they hate collectors yet. As they sold out very quickly (probably too quickly for them).
    But wait til they get customers complaining about dinged corners, IF they send their copies in a non padded (and even then) basic envelop.
    Agreed. If they hated us, they wouldn't do it. S/L's and Lettered's are created with us in mind. And the flippers of course, looking to score big on the aftermarket. The pain really sets in when they start showing up trashed. A big issue for anyone dumping these on the aftermarket sight unseen.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JackMortal View Post
    I finished listening to this book on audio yesterday. There's a lot of the Kingverse mythos embedded within the framework of this novella, and I dig it. I was wondering if Jamie Conklin has "the shining" and whether all of the evil people who are reluctant to crossover are susceptible to becoming hosts for the deadlights. Would've been cool if Liz's revenant form became possessed by the deadlights. So many possibilities blossom in my mind due to the ambiguity of King's new title, but he'll probably fill us in...
    Later
    May want to include spoiler tags for those who haven't finish or read it yet.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would assume that is the case, at least in part, because everyone there is a big King fan. It's a decent read but nothing special.
    I disagree. I think most of us are all big King fans but that doesn't mean we'll eat up anything he gives us. If that was the case everyone would have loved 'Sleeping Beauties'.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

I loved LATER....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast