Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: "Later": New Stephen King novel - March 2, 2021

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fitomad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Any word when the Later s/l is going to be released?
    It’s planned for March 30.

If you bought one in Forbidden Planet and live outside UK you should know that they are unable to accept and ship orders to the EU or internationally at the present time.
    Yes!! You need a proxy in the UK for delivery or they cancel your order!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

They won't cancel your order. They just won't ship it until they can...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bad info Merlin.
    As Ari stated, eventually the books will be shipped to their buyers.
    It's estimated to be late March, but no official date has been announced.
    Buyers will know when they receive an email to verify and pay shipping charges.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Bad info Merlin.
    As Ari stated, eventually the books will be shipped to their buyers.
    It's estimated to be late March, but no official date has been announced.
    Buyers will know when they receive an email to verify and pay shipping charges.
    NO, excuse me, but in this instance I am NOT wrong, at least from my first hand experience. They may have changed or modified their policy since my dealings, but I got my order in with my US address on S/L day like everyone else and received a confirmation email. Then, without notification my order was summarily cancelled due to the shipping issue. After exchanging several high emotion emails with their customer service I was told that if I had a proxy (which I had already expected and had at the ready) my order would be re-instated with the new UK delivery instructions. A very kind and generous member here rescued me from my plight and my order is now active and awaiting shipment.

Now, throughout the process I didn't get the impression that FP had their collective act together with regard to the situation and perhaps they have waffled on the policy and have employed different solutions randomly to customers, but that was my first hand experience and I would suggest that anyone who ordered with a US address check with their CS directly and make sure you have agreement in writing that they will ship to you in the US or you may end up bitterly disappointed come, April.

I owe a HUGE thanks to the member (It's for him to name himself, not I) here who came to my rescue. BTW, this all took place back in Dec/early Jan. When I ordered I was anticipating having to provide a UK address at some point, but they were accepting the US address initially. I just had to get the finer details of the address (they required a phone no.) before updating my order. As I said, FP seemed a little out of their element in this process and I would strongly advise anyone who ordered with a US address to check in thoroughly with the FP Cust Svc team and be absolutely certain you have it all worked out in advance.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered one S/L and have not received a cancelation email.
    Has your proxy received the book, or received any shipping order or confirmation?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered one S/L and have not received a cancelation email.
    Has your proxy received the book, or received any shipping order or confirmation?
    You misunderstand. No formal cancellation was issued. They just did it. I only discovered it because I was so anxious about the address I was checking my account regularly and noticed the new status. No additional confirmation email was sent, but I do have the change of status on the website and an email from FP Cust Svc that details the re-instatement of my order. Just because you were not notified that doesn't mean you are good to go. I would get all over this at your earliest convenience and receive some kind of affirmation on your order. However, that's just me.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There hasn’t been any cancellations of Later. They even said that they wouldn’t cancel them when members flat out asked. This has been discussed at length on Rare King.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    There hasn’t been any cancellations of Later. They even said that they wouldn’t cancel them when members flat out asked. This has been discussed at length on Rare King.
    Do what you want its your individual purchase, but I'm telling you EXACTLY what happened to me with no embellishments. My order status was changed to "Cancelled" with absolutely no notification. I discovered the change after performing a routine check on my order cause I was anxious. Then, after exchanging several email with customer service and eventually being afforded an opportunity to provide a UK address my order status was changed again to "Pending Delivery" or something like that. I received an email from CS denoting the issue and the change and verifying the new address for shipment and now my order is set to be shipped on the 30th and I feel confident that it will arrive at the UK address and be turned around to me in the US by that kind member I mentioned.

I'm not telling you what to do, to each his own. Maybe my situation was a single random occurence, I don't know for sure. I did get the impression from my correspondence with them that I was not alone, but I also got the impression that they, at least at that time, had no strict "go to" policy in place. Draw your own conclusions and take action as you deem necessary. This was just MY personal experience with Forbidden Planet. BTW, the CS reps were very pleasant and actually quite accomodating and responsive to me and resolved the situation fairly swiftly FWIW.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My account shows the item is "Awaiting Dispatch".

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My account shows the item is "Awaiting Dispatch".
    Yeah, that's sounds right. maybe things have changed, I don't know for sure. hey, listen I have nothing to be gained from my posts one way or the other. I was just relating what transpired in my situation and how it was resolved so that it might be a little help to my fellow members. Maybe you're "SpeciaL" and everything will go swimmingly. In the end I was only suggesting that you might want to check on your order and be sure is all.

Honestly, at this point given the post responses I won't bother to relate any info such as this in the future either way. Every man for himself.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Honestly, at this point given the post responses I won't bother to relate any info such as this in the future either way. Every man for himself.

That's called "the golden hair flip", or "I'm taking my ball and going home". Solves nothing.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've just checked mine and it looks active as the first day.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's called "the golden hair flip", or "I'm taking my ball and going home". Solves nothing.
    No, its more the "I'll just mind my own fucking business in the future" approach and best of luck to everyone else. FWIW I'm glad everyone seems to have their orders in good standing with no issues. I was only trying to help in advance. personally, I was fucking flabbergasted when I checked my order status back in December and saw "Cancelled". It was only luck that I checked it in advance and I would have been plenty pissed if my book didn't arrive in early April. So, I just wanted to make sure no one would find themselves in that situation. Instead, no "Thanks for the heads up" and the posts seemed to indicate I was out of line. So, good luck to everyone.

Since no one seems to believe my ordeal, here's a few of the emails exchanged.............................

1/29/21

Spoiler:
    Hi Bill,

Thanks for your email,

Unfortunately we found an error in this order, it has been selected for UK delivery instead of US. Unfortunately this order will be lost in the post as it's headed to an incorrect address.

In this situation we will have to cancel this order as we are unable to change the delivery country. If you still needed the item we would kindly advise double checking the delivery country.

To answer your question, we're sorry but this has been delayed and we don't currently have a new release date. Unfortunately due to the Covid-19 Pandemic we are experiencing delays to deliveries and we're not receiving regular updates from suppliers for release dates. More information on this can be found here: https://forbiddenplanet.com/help/faq...irus-covid-19/

Please note that even in normal circumstances manufacturers’ scheduling and shipping dates can change and therefore pre-orders can be delayed, brought forward, or cancelled for reasons beyond our control. The pre-order dates on our website are place holders based on the last available information from suppliers and may be subject to change as the current situation develops.

We will try to keep your account up to date with the latest information we receive.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by the delay and thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Kind Regards,
    Customer Service Team

2/2/21

Spoiler:
    Hi William

Thanks for your email and confirming your new address

This has been changed to the UK address

Your item has not been shipped yet as we are not due to receive this product until late March

We charge when an item is due to be shipped

Pre Orders that have the incorrect shipping address are cancelled, this would have been sent back to us as a failed delivery and you would never have received it

We can only change an address if it is in the UK, our system does not allow us to change an address for international customers

As you new address is in the UK this is valid

Hope this helps

Kind Regards,
    Customer Service Team

2/2/21

Spoiler:
    [ForbiddenPlanet.com]

Order Delivery Details Updated!

Hi Customer,

You changed your delivery details for order #00000000.

A summary of your order, with your new delivery address is below:

(Tax has been added or subtracted from all prices, where applicable):
    Order Ref:
    Order Date:
    18 November 2020
    Order Items:
    Delivery Address:

GB

Order Items: Pre-Order
    These products are advance orders and will be billed and shipped upon arrival. Estimated arrival dates are listed next to the product.

The pre-order release date may be subject to change or cancellation, we will update the release date as soon as we receive new information from our suppliers. Please see our FAQs and Terms and Conditions for further information.

[Product Image]
    1 x Later (Signed & Numbered Limited Collector's Edition Hardcover)

Due for release on 30 March 2021.

£89.99

Item Subtotal:

£89.99

Postage:

£5.50

Total:

£95.49

If you have any queries please reply to this email.

Kind Regards,

The ForbiddenPlanet.com Team

As you can see their info was all confused and incorrect. These emails were generated as a result of my inquiry, not as a response to any notice I received from them. At one point they advised me the item had been shipped and lost in the mail!!! I then informed them that the item was not sdet to ship until, March. Anyway, it got resolved on my part.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, you made the initial mistake of ordering from the FP UK site. That site quickly canceled orders from The USA. Orders from the proper USA site are all in good standing, and as mentioned, will eventually be shipped (presuming the buyer receives and approves the shipping info and costs) Apparently you were able to bully/bluff/bluster someone into allowing you to purchase and ship the book to a UK proxy. Presuming all goes well, then good for you. Also assuming ALL of the verified USA orders are honored, then good for everyone else.

FYI, I took the liberty of masking the UK persons name and street address from one of your emails.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you bought one in Forbidden Planet and live outside UK you should know that they are unable to accept and ship orders to the EU or internationally at the present time.
    Thanks. I ordered my copy from Another Universe. I'm assuming they are a US company?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I ordered my copy from Another Universe. I'm assuming they are a US company?

Yes. You should be fine.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I just emailed Another Universe and they told me that my signed edition will ship March 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Forbidden Planet order (with shipping to Canada) is still set to awaiting dispatch. Hopefully they just hold shipping until it's available to them. If not, I'm content to send it to proxy and have it relayed - but thankfully they haven't canceled anything on me.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

if anyone somehow got two S/N Laters and would like to swap one for a S/N Joyland, please send me a pm.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Forbidden Planet will not cancel your order. You simply have to wait until the "issue" will be solved. But your order stills "alive" :-)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, you made the initial mistake of ordering from the FP UK site. That site quickly canceled orders from The USA. Orders from the proper USA site are all in good standing, and as mentioned, will eventually be shipped (presuming the buyer receives and approves the shipping info and costs) Apparently you were able to bully/bluff/bluster someone into allowing you to purchase and ship the book to a UK proxy. Presuming all goes well, then good for you. Also assuming ALL of the verified USA orders are honored, then good for everyone else.

FYI, I took the liberty of masking the UK persons name and street address from one of your emails.
    Jesus, I didn't do anything wrong. You've heard of the World Wide Web and the resultant "Global Economy", yes? They accepted, confirmed and were delivering to the US until, like a month later. Then the Covid issues arose and they cancelled US orders, but didn't bother to send out notices. Additionally, no one I contacted there had any idea regarding the sale. I didn't bully anyone or cajole them in any way. I just pointed out the issue and provided a UK address for them to deliver to. Simple. You know how it is on "S/L day", everyone rushing to get in orders and throwing links around to one another. I was just happy to find a company that was still taking orders. So, I ordered from a proper website, thank you.

I just figured that what transpired with me was worth mentioning to others since FP never sent out cancel notices. However, don't worry, I'll never do so again in the future.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Forbidden Planet will not cancel your order. You simply have to wait until the "issue" will be solved. But your order stills "alive" :-)
    Same here - just waiting it out. I've ordered from FP for years - last books shipped were in like Oct/Nov 2020. They are not the best in responding to emails - can be long delays (especially now) - but you can check your account and my order is still listed as OPEN. So I will patiently wait until I see/hear something directly from them regarding the shipping issue.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

First copies were sent to Dutch readers!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like that cover.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast