Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: "Later": New Stephen King novel - March 2, 2021

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackMortal View Post
    Spoiler:
    I finished listening to this book on audio yesterday. There's a lot of the Kingverse mythos embedded within the framework of this novella, and I dig it. I was wondering if Jamie Conklin has "the shining" and whether all of the evil people who are reluctant to crossover are susceptible to becoming hosts for the deadlights. Would've been cool if Liz's revenant form became possessed by the deadlights. So many possibilities blossom in my mind due to the ambiguity of King's new title, but he'll probably fill us in...
    Later
    UM! SPOILER!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JackMortal View Post
    Spoiler:
    I finished listening to this book on audio yesterday. There's a lot of the Kingverse mythos embedded within the framework of this novella, and I dig it. I was wondering if Jamie Conklin has "the shining" and whether all of the evil people who are reluctant to crossover are susceptible to becoming hosts for the deadlights. Would've been cool if Liz's revenant form became possessed by the deadlights. So many possibilities blossom in my mind due to the ambiguity of King's new title, but he'll probably fill us in...
    Later
    UM! SPOILER!!!
    Um just a bit. Wow lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Started out loving it but the ending fell flat for me.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I just received my copy. I think I'll start reading it tonight.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We have received an update from our supplier with a change to the release date of the following item:

----- 5070251 Later (Signed & Numbered Limited Collector's Edition Hardcover) - SIGNED x 1 (Pre-Order Date 15/04/2021)

Your order is still confirmed and will be processed upon arrival.
    Please be aware you've not been charged, so if you wish to cancel, this can be done through Your Account section on our website. Account Link: https://forbiddenplanet.com/account/

Kind Regards

The Forbidden Planet Mail Order Team.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So looks like the s/l Later will be out mid-April - but at least I got an email saying they had my order...
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bunch went up for sale this AM... then gone in a second.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I just received this from Titan:
    We have been informed by our shipping agent of an unfortunate delay to inventory reaching our warehouse.

Product had to be switched from one transit hub to a second, which has meant an unavoidable delay. Since the Covid-19 pandemic, and various subsequent global impacts, sadly this type of incident has become more commonplace.

We are also working out the most effective and reliable means of shipping these books to you once the product is in hand. If we select a courier or postal service we feel will be reliable in getting this book to you, we hope you understand this may mean timeframes may differ for different customers. Our objective is to get you your book as soon and as safely as possible. Please bear with us while we address these issues.

Our current estimated date to begin shipping to you is April 15, 2021

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That doesn't inspire confidence. A lot of indecipherable mumbo jumbo with excuses that make little sense. COVID? This seems to be the norm, though, in the publication business. I suppose the important thing is that it may one day show up.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished reading Later today. I enjoyed it and it was nicely paced and very readable, but I didn't head-over-heels love it. I liked the characters but it didn't feel like the plot was meaty enough. Overall, I liked Joyland (which is one of my favorite King books), much, much better. I think Later either needed to be longer or eliminate some plot threads. And that ending reveal with
    Spoiler:
    Uncle Harry/Tia came out of nowhere and did not sit well with me. I don't think it did a thing to enhance the story and could've been left out completely (especially since it comes in the final four pages and there's little time to dig in more and for us and Jamie to unpack it).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Finished reading Later today. I enjoyed it and it was nicely paced and very readable, but I didn't head-over-heels love it. I liked the characters but it didn't feel like the plot was meaty enough. Overall, I liked Joyland (which is one of my favorite King books), much, much better. I think Later either needed to be longer or eliminate some plot threads. And that ending reveal with
    Spoiler:
    Uncle Harry/Tia came out of nowhere and did not sit well with me. I don't think it did a thing to enhance the story and could've been left out completely (especially since it comes in the final four pages and there's little time to dig in more and for us and Jamie to unpack it).
    I loved Later. But I completely agree with your spoiler.
    Spoiler:
    It was very off-putting, and I'm not sure why it was added.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Later will be available in spanish at june, 10th.

Amazon page link

And all the info in our blog entry

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any news on the shipping of the lettered "Later"?

I got an email last week saying estimated delivery on the 15th, but no shipping notice
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Any news on the shipping of the lettered "Later"?

I got an email last week saying estimated delivery on the 15th, but no shipping notice
    No news, maybe next week, a few days before the shipping date

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Has anyone heard whether these signed/lettered editions are still being shipped on the 15th of April?
    Thanks

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got a notification that my Forbidden Planet order shipped yesterday.

Country
    Country Flag

Rare King on FB was notified and about 30 more got sold to members there today. Keep watching as some go back in stock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Rare King on FB was notified and about 30 more got sold to members there today. Keep watching as some go back in stock!

Are they from Forbidden Planet or Another Universe. I still haven’t heard anything from AU.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My FP orders have been charged.
    No shipping notice(s) yet.

sk

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

aye carumba!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing from AU here either

Country
    Country Flag

Forbidden had the extras Jeff
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Ah. Maybe people in the US bowed out over shipping charge? Seems foolish.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Ah. Maybe people in the US bowed out over shipping charge? Seems foolish.

could be
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to see I missed out again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast