6 21.43%
  • Midnight Special

6 21.43%
  • Yesterday

10 35.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 2010s: Round 1 - Group 12 of 32

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 2010s: Round 1 - Group 12 of 32

During the first round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for up to six films you would like to move onto the next round. The top six films will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Godzilla (2014)
    Directed by Gareth Edwards

Watch Trailer

The Lighthouse (2019)
    Directed by Robert Eggers

Watch Trailer

Your Name (2016)
    Directed by Makoto Shinkai

Watch Trailer

Annihilation (2018)
    Directed by Alex Garland

Watch Trailer

John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017)
    Directed by Chad Stahelski

Watch Trailer

How to Train Your Dragon (2010)
    Directed by Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois

Watch Trailer

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017)
    Directed by Martin McDonagh

Watch Trailer

I Saw the Devil (2010)
    Directed by Kim Jee-woon

Watch Trailer

Midnight Special (2016)
    Directed by Jeff Nichols

Watch Trailer

Yesterday (2019)
    Directed by Danny Boyle

Watch Trailer

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That sound cue at the end of the Godzilla trailer is one of my all-time favorite trailer moments. I still remember the goosebumps it gave me when I saw it at an IMAX screening for something.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I gotta watch Yesterday before I vote, but Annihilation and Three Billboards are definitely getting my votes. I'd like to catch the John Wick movies, too.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Great to see the Annihilation love, it's my #1 movie of 2018.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I Saw the Devil needs more love.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Obviously more people need to see Your Name. Heather, as a lover of beautiful animation, I think you'd like it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John wick hands down my fav here but you prop all knew that!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Also, a bit surprising seeing Three Billboards in the lead. Especially given:

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought that whole thing was overblown. A good film is a good film.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yesterday is the kind of feel good film that we need more of. Smartly written, superbly acted, a killer soundtrack, and one very special alternate reality scene.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Yesterday is the kind of feel good film that we need more of. Smartly written, superbly acted, a killer soundtrack, and one very special alternate reality scene.
    I will agree with this.

After voting for Godzilla I can't believe I forgot to nominate Shin Godziila which was a scathing commentary on Japanese politics in the aftermath of the Fukushima disaster and 2011 earthquake and tsunami.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I watched it last night and agree with all of this! Well said.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    After voting for Godzilla I can't believe I forgot to nominate Shin Godziila which was a scathing commentary on Japanese politics in the aftermath of the Fukushima disaster and 2011 earthquake and tsunami.
    Agree, it's a great film but foreign films usually struggle so I didn't, but the 2014 Godzilla was also really good, I had such a great time with it, can't wait for Godzilla vs. Kong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like The Lighthouse just squeaked this one out.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following six titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (67.86%)
    2. John Wick: Chapter 2 (64.29%)
    3. Annihilation (57.14%)
    4. Godzilla (50.00%)
    5. How to Train Your Dragon (50.00%)
    6. The Lighthouse (39.29%)

And the following four titles have been eliminated:
    1. Yesterday (35.71%)
    2. I Saw the Devil (21.43%)
    3. Midnight Special (21.43%)
    4. Your Name (10.71%)

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very disappointed in Yesterday's showing.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Your Name and Midnight Special... gone

Godzilla... advance

...why?
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    [...] gone

[...] advance

...why?
    my typical reaction throughout most of our tournaments

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread