Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Lyra's Books

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    That is interesting Kris.
    What work exactly does Richard do on behalf of The Tolkien Estates?
    He has posted quite a few rebound, over the last 2 years on his instagram.
    I remember falling in love with his copy of "Stardust" last year, and going through his past pictures.

Here is his instagram : https://www.instagram.com/lyrasbooks/?hl=fr

You don't need an account to see the posts (if it still causes problems, dont hesitate to send me an email and i'll share you some of the pictures), but here are a few posts he shared about it :

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bed3C6JFX7S/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BfT3bGJFGjL/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BgwuhYflOeG/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BjSJDxZg3KA/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BlQydC7g9Sj/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BmG1hk5AkVf/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs1E8VlgEZm/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs6RYgkgGjj/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B3ATxROptT9/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B5QTaYipxAQ/
    Well there ya go... I heard he did stuff for the family. IF anyone has a shot at a limited... it be Rich!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Wow.
    Amazing stuff. His Stardust and Tolkien work are really amazing. Congrats to those who have them.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Allow me to toot Lyra's horn by calling attention to a previous post of mine:

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...=1#post1208568
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Those are all works out beauty! Would love to have been lucky enough to get some of those beautiful rebinds!

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

I understand what you mean now Kris.
    Those are beautiful pieces of work and the new Stardust in all its editions is probably as good as you will see anywhere, first class.
    Congratulations to all those collectors who have now one on their shelves or one in transit.
    The rebound Tolkien’s I have seen before and they are fine examples, however this is one of Richard’s passions and many are commissions, but they are not published work for the Tolkien Estates. I can see how it could be easily construed that they are.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    I understand what you mean now Kris.
    Those are beautiful pieces of work and the new Stardust in all its editions is probably as good as you will see anywhere, first class.
    Congratulations to all those collectors who have now one on their shelves or one in transit.
    The rebound Tolkien’s I have seen before and they are fine examples, however this is one of Richard’s passions and many are commissions, but they are not published work for the Tolkien Estates. I can see how it could be easily construed that they are.
    Thanks my friend for the info. Always appreciate to get the solid intel my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

There has only been a few times in my book collecting life where I have been FLOORED. I mean fall off you chair, jaw hurts from your mouth spread so wide in awe... just flat out amazed. In fact, I can tell you those times. I can count them on one hand. My first lettered book which was IT from CD. The first time I seen my lettered Regulators. The day I opened the Suntup masterpiece's we all know as Misery. AND lastly..... today. I have seen a lot of books in my time... I love books. It gives me pure unadulterated joy. I love helping people get the ones they desire so much as I love the same for me. Which brings me to now. Today. And today Lyra's Stardust arrived. I bought all 4 books. I was not going to BUT am so glad I did. My hands were shaking holding these. All levels were hand made and it shows. Hand made by the press owner himself and the love he poured into each edition is evident in every piece and level. I am loyal to my small press publishers.. and only a few. Today I added Lyra Books to that shiort list. Now... if you will excuse me... I have to pick myself off the floor and wipe the drool off my chin. Cheers all... kris
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That's great Kris. Maybe one day I will be able to get Lyra book. I guess time will tell. But congrats to all who got them.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just opened one of my two leather books (not sure, whether to open or not the second copy, so far... although I don't plan on selling it for months / years), and I LOVE the first copy.

I dont have much comparison points in luxury books, as I only have gift editions otherwise, but from pictures I have seen, I don't think that any other limited looks as impressive.
    It really is as nice as when I first saw it, more than a year ago when Rich was working on a prototype, and fell in love with it.

I am sooooo glad to have gotten it
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

just got my shipping notice. Super excited to have this in my hands next week!
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Just opened one of my two leather books (not sure, whether to open or not the second copy, so far... although I don't plan on selling it for months / years), and I LOVE the first copy.

I dont have much comparison points in luxury books, as I only have gift editions otherwise, but from pictures I have seen, I don't think that any other limited looks as impressive.
    It really is as nice as when I first saw it, more than a year ago when Rich was working on a prototype, and fell in love with it.

I am sooooo glad to have gotten it
    I have the mustard one, which is excellent. Stared at it constantly all week. Would love the leathered one, congratulations
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Today's a good day; i finally got a shipping notice for my Standard Mustard! 😬
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    Not long now then. Worth the wait. Imagine, 4 months from order to delivery! Give or take a week or two.

Pretty impressive. You will be so happy with this.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    Not long now then. Worth the wait. Imagine, 4 months from order to delivery! Give or take a week or two.

Pretty impressive. You will be so happy with this.
    It is impressive, he did an awesome job on the production and updates. I can't wait to see the final book.
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got notice mine had clearance issues but were just released and should be here tomorrow.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still waiting for my shipping notice...

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Me too - still waiting...on shipping notice
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Me too - still waiting...on shipping notice
    No notice here yet.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

actually just got my notification this morning....will see how quickly it updates with fedex
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know if and when Lyra's publishes another book if they will be offering matching numbers for this who bought Stardust?
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    Does anyone know if and when Lyra's publishes another book if they will be offering matching numbers for this who bought Stardust?
    Rich is going with rights so yeah... that’s your number. He did say to me only the leather and lettered versions will have rights though. Then all lottery
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Received my shipping notice today.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am looking for a Blue Stardust. if anyone has an extra one for sale please PM me.

Found one!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone aware of secondary market sale prices for the various editions?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Anyone aware of secondary market sale prices for the various editions?
    Yeah I have a few $’s Bri... base is running $500-600 range. 1/100 leather is $2000-2500 range and letter has to be over $6000 as I was offered $6500 for mine. It’s not for sale. I want the rights lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast