Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Lyra's Books

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Nothing has been announced on Susannah Clark, just my wishlist. Imagine a Jonathan Strange limited!!!!
    I did notice Charles Vess indicated that he might be illustrating an edition of 'The Wind in the Willows' for Lyra's Books - sounded like maybe a 2022 project? I think his style would work really well for that book.
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

John F. Kennedy scottb has a spectacular aura about scottb has a spectacular aura about scottb has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Nothing has been announced on Susannah Clark, just my wishlist. Imagine a Jonathan Strange limited!!!!
    I did notice Charles Vess indicated that he might be illustrating an edition of 'The Wind in the Willows' for Lyra's Books - sounded like maybe a 2022 project? I think his style would work really well for that book.
    I hope not. I'm looking forward to my copy of Stardust and admire Rich's work. I'm hoping he stays with more modern classics.

Mad Parrot is currently working on Wind in the Willows. If you aren't familiar with their prior work at Chester River Press and Deep Wood Press, check it out. The quality is outstanding. I have a copy of the Chester River Press Heart of Darkness and it is a gem.

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

Yes - I'm aware of the upcoming Mad Parrot edition - the Zimakov illustrations are really nice. His work on the Centipede Press 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' was a factor in my deciding to pick up that edition. I'd still like to see what Vess would do with it, has a certain rustic, pastoral quality that I think would be a good fit. I do understand the sentiment about certain titles attracting a seemingly disproportionate number of nice/fine editions though.

And yes, the Chester River 'Heart of Darkness' is pretty well top of my 'want' list, along with probably a few hundred other collectors I'm giving some thought to the Deep Wood 'In the Penal Colony' - but the LEC edition is just lovely and not sure I can justify another copy, even with the new translation.
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The lettered Stardust.
    I've seen plenty of lettereds in my collecting lifetime, but this must be the most impressive.
    Absolutely love this edition and so very happy to add it to the collection.

Thank you, Rich!

sk

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Looks wonderful!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All those pictures makes me impatient to recieve the book.
    It definitely looks like a craftsman work !

I truly believe that between Suntup & Lyras, those two players in the book collecting world have stepped up the game !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's gorgeous! Can't wait til these start hitting the states.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow I cannot wait
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That looks very impressive indeed. Maybe one day...

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I truly believe that between Suntup & Lyras, those two players in the book collecting world have stepped up the game !
    Absolutely.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, hope to catch one of the versions on the market, not the lettered.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The complete set of four:

sk

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Very nice!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very very well done!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

They are, aren't they. Can't wait to find out what will be next.....
    Have heard Wind in the Willows.....and even The Hobbit has been mentioned somewhere......

sk

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hobbit. The world will implode with happiness!!!!
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    They are, aren't they. Can't wait to find out what will be next.....
    Have heard Wind in the Willows.....and even The Hobbit has been mentioned somewhere......

sk
    Rich Does the work for the Tolikein Estate... so a real possibility here.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

That is interesting Kris.
    What work exactly does Richard do on behalf of The Tolkien Estates?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Quite a bit brother...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Did people receive shipping notifications? I'min the states so I know I might not get the book right away but I just wondering if I should keep a lookout for an email?
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    Did people receive shipping notifications? I'min the states so I know I might not get the book right away but I just wondering if I should keep a lookout for an email?
    MINE ARRIVES FRIDAY!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quite a bit brother...
    Hey, don't Hulk out on us...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quite a bit brother...
    Hey, don't Hulk out on us...
    I just heard that he has done work for the estate BUT I am not the expert and cannot say for 100% sure. There are others here that might
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    I didn't get any shipping notifications, but I recieved two big boxes today
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    He has posted quite a few rebound, over the last 2 years on his instagram.
    I remember falling in love with his copy of "Stardust" last year, and going through his past pictures.

Here is his instagram : https://www.instagram.com/lyrasbooks/?hl=fr

You don't need an account to see the posts (if it still causes problems, dont hesitate to send me an email and i'll share you some of the pictures), but here are a few posts he shared about it :

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bed3C6JFX7S/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BfT3bGJFGjL/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BgwuhYflOeG/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BjSJDxZg3KA/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BlQydC7g9Sj/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BmG1hk5AkVf/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs1E8VlgEZm/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs6RYgkgGjj/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B3ATxROptT9/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B5QTaYipxAQ/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast