Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Lyra's Books

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Can someone share what was sent out if it relates to Stardust?
    It was mainly a production update ending with the following shipping information:

Shipping information

Earlier on, we experienced some COVID related delays as well as one or two unexpected things that cropped up early in production. Among other things, some deliveries from suppliers were disrupted and bindery staff have had to take time off to quarantine. This has set us back a few weeks from where I hoped we'd be right now but the end is in sight.

I expect that we will begin shipping in a few weeks. So, some time around mid-November. I apologise for it being slightly later than intended but you never know what's around the corner with a project like this (and at a time like this!). I think next time I will give a quarterly estimate rather than a month!

Obviously, if this means you need to change your shipping address then do send me an email and I can do that for you no problem.

I will update on social media and via this email to subscribers when we have have a more accurate idea of exactly when shipping will begin.

sk

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was it really sent to people that subscribed to their newsletter?
    Because I ordered and paid the book, and would have been interested in recieving this....
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Lyra's Books

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Because I ordered and paid the book, and would have been interested in recieving this....
    So send them an email.. you might not be on the mailing list. Prob all it is

I CANNOT wait to see Rich's work. I have ALL levels and colors coming. I may sell the lettered but if he gets a King book someday ..... and rights are attached which he may do. Imagine?? LOL It will up there with SUntup Misery... 10000000000000000000% or higher.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Once the book is out, if someone wants to trade exchange a "Stardust" for a Dragon Rebound "Eyes of the Dragon", or a Suntup limited of "Misery", I may consider it.
    I am speaking from the Stardust side
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    So send them an email.. you might not be on the mailing list. Prob all it is
    I ordered two books and didn't receive the email. Perhaps Richard should add his actual customers to his email list.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Once the book is out, if someone wants to trade exchange a "Stardust" for a Dragon Rebound "Eyes of the Dragon", or a Suntup limited of "Misery", I may consider it.
    Hahaha I bet you would! I would to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

You may be laughing, but wait a few years

Country
    Country Flag

I’m Laughing cause now... it’s not a good deal. Do the trade in a few years then. 😜😜
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I’m Laughing cause now... it’s not a good deal. Do the trade in a few years then. 😜😜

No worries. I may ask two of each previously mentionned books in a few years, but will see

Country
    Country Flag

I’m Laughing cause now... it’s not a good deal. Do the trade in a few years then.

No worries. I may ask two of each previously mentionned books in a few years, but will see
    Hey man, I got a copy of all those books. I hope it does go crazy. I think it will but not the heights of Misery... not even close.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I’m Laughing cause now... it’s not a good deal. Do the trade in a few years then.

Hey man, I got a copy of all those books. I hope it does go crazy. I think it will but not the heights of Misery... not even close.

Harper has a copy right now for $2400. And rights if they attach if anyone is looking to.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Hello Kris,

I certainly hope but will see. No matter what, I don't think that the book will loose any value.
    Suntup and Dragon Rebound has certainly raised the bar, and life (meaning covid) has been through in between, but we'll see what happen. At the moment, I can certainly hold on my second copy and see what happens, value wise.
    But that also is depending on what happens, covid wise, if we all survive a second wave

For once in my life, I may get 2 copies of a valuable book, which I loved from months, even publicly claiming it, even when it was announced, so wil see what happens.

J

Country
    Country Flag

Hello Kris,

I certainly hope but will see. No matter what, I don't think that the book will loose any value.
    Suntup and Dragon Rebound has certainly raised the bar, and life (meaning covid) has been through in between, but we'll see what happen. At the moment, I can certainly hold on my second copy and see what happens, value wise.
    But that also is depending on what happens, covid wise, if we all survive a second wave

J
    At a 97.2% overall survival rate (under 45 is over 99%) I think we will be ok man. I’m not to worried and nor should you brother.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Sure, but that doesn't mean we should alll be wreckless and not giving a goddam f.

Age is not the only thing.
    Probably a lot of the us has cholesterol, too much sugar in our blood and many other things, meaning that we're not going to see through an extrz 15 years.

And if you think that I sound pessimistic, think of 2020, in place where most of us (especially here, on a message board about book collecting) have access to more food than we physically need, and we'll probably have a big C within the next 20 years because we drank too much sodas and similarish food

PS : that was your heart-lightened message of the day. And you're all welcome

PS 2 : I don't think I will live more than the upcoming 20 years top. Maybe 1. Maybe 5. 10. 20. 50 Tough shit. I am ok with it.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

So I took a look at this company when it first came out. Like normal, I hesitated and waited too long. It seems like a sold release. Congrats to all those who got them. Maybe I will be able to get one one day.
    But I wish this company nothing but good fortune, even if I never get a book. And that's the truth .

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    So I took a look at this company when it first came out. Like normal, I hesitated and waited too long. It seems like a sold release. Congrats to all those who got them. Maybe I will be able to get one one day.
    But I wish this company nothing but good fortune, even if I never get a book. And that's the truth .
    Hear, hear!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Seems like people that have ordered "Stardust" are starting to recieve it !

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yea the pics are amazing.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have the Standard mustard, an it is pretty amazing.

Distracting me from my work, along with War of the Worlds which arrived today too.

Good book day.

The book and case is pretty special. I am very excited to see where Rich takes us.

More Gaiman, Pullman, Susanna Clarke, Tolkien!!

Sky is the limit!
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post

Distracting me from my work, along with War of the Worlds which arrived today too.

Good book day.

The book and case is pretty special. I am very excited to see where Rich takes us.

Sky is the limit!
    are you in the UK? I'm not sure they've shipped to the states yet
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Good book day.

Sky is the limit!
    Are they definitely publishing Susanna Clarke? I am a big fan of her work.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think i saw that uk was shipping first, but that was a random comment somewhere.

Nothing has been announced on Susannah Clark, just my wishlist. Imagine a Jonathan Strange limited!!!!
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Country
    Country Flag

Rich mentioned my orders ship monday so.... US prob does to. I cannot wait.. man those books look breathtaking.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

I think i saw that uk was shipping first, but that was a random comment somewhere.

Nothing has been announced on Susannah Clark, just my wishlist. Imagine a Jonathan Strange limited!!!!
    Would love that! Piranesi would be great too.

John F. Kennedy Raenas will become famous soon enough Raenas will become famous soon enough

I have received my Leather edition on Friday (UK resident). Rich is a genius madman, the book is breathtaking. Up there with Suntup Lettered editions in terms of quality - it is madness, especially for the price. Such a book is only made once every few years, just by looking at it is obvious that it takes a long time to put something like this together.

Can't believe that for me obtaining this book all boiled down to being in the right FB group and noticing a comment at the right time to pre-order. Somehow compensates for the aching black hole in my heart that's due to not owning a Numbered Misery (have all other Suntup numbereds, on the track since HoHH).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast