Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Lyra's Books

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. And that were tech issues, which I don't think is his expertise. This kind of things happen. And the good thing is that they are almost sell out on all the books. And this is a great news!

(By the way, seem to have been a paypal issue for me. But it will be dealt with)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Shachar,

As you will likely have noticed, we had some pretty major problems with our website at the pre-order for Stardust. Some people were able to see the payment links and some people weren’t. Firstly, we’d just like to apologise sincerely if this meant that you were unable to get the book of your choice. This is not the start we wanted for this project and we are extremely sorry for everything that has happened.

We can see that you successfully went through checkout and made an order. To add insult to injury, there may also be a problem with some of the earliest payments being processed by PayPal. Some of them are being put on a hold and a couple have been cancelled.

Your payment is one that has been put on hold. Let us first just stress that your order is secure and no payment has been taken at our end. PayPal are holding it temporarily. The book/s is/are yours. What PayPal have advised is that you find the order in your PayPal account and cancel it at your end. When you have been fully refunded we will manually issue you with an invoice. We are not expecting this to happen immediately, it takes as long as it takes. Of course, if you wish to now cancel your order please let us know. We are here to help you with this so please message us if you need any assistance.

Once again, we’re extremely sorry about this. To say it has been a disaster is an understatement! We are trying our best to get things back on track.

Kind regards and apologies again for the inconvenience caused over the last 12 hours.

Rich @ Lyra’s Books

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Agreed. And that were tech issues, which I don't think is his expertise. This kind of things happen. And the good thing is that they are almost sell out on all the books. And this is a great news!

(By the way, seem to have been a paypal issue for me. But it will be dealt with)
    Same here, mine was put on hold but paypal advised to cancel it on my end and, when this has fully refunded to me, i will receive an invoice from Rich to make the payment.

I am looking forward to receiving this edition. 😎
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Me too.

Hopefully someone takes utter umbrage and a leather becomes available....

As if
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great that he's taking care of the folks who had problems.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

93 Standard Mustard and 16 Standard Blue copies left!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post
    I’m grabbing one of each too. Might as well for the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't order anything but the blue edition. Later I was able to purchase a mustard which is what I wanted. Ass out as far as the leather edition though.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post
    I’m grabbing one of each too. Might as well for the price

Yeah, those editions are a steal for letterpressed editions!

Traveler KKTara is on a distinguished road

I had a leather copy prebooked and somehow managed to get a second one yesterday.
    Didnt get the confirmation email before a few hours later though. But got it and feel pretty excited about that book !
    Would love to take the 2nd copy off of your hands. Please share the Stardust love!

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

The standard blue edition has sold out by now. 😉

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    The standard blue edition has sold out by now. 😉
    And 60 of the mustard standard left.
    Pretty safe to say this will be a completely sold-out publication before the end of this week.

sk

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Does anyone know the trim size of the book?

Country
    Country Flag

Only 38 Mustard copies left before Stardust is completely sold out!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Everyone that ordered or tried to order probably received this, but I thought I'd post it here as well:

I'm sure a lot of you are aware that we experienced some disastrous problems with the website on Saturday evening when the pre-order opened. There was a glitch in the website which meant that some people were able to see the ‘add to basket’ buttons and some weren’t.

As you can imagine, this is not something I wanted to happen and I’m lost for words to express how saddened I am by it all. I had wanted everyone to have a fair and equal chance at getting any of the remaining editions after the equally disastrous early reservation decision a few months ago. Obviously, the major glitch we experienced at the weekend put paid to that idea.

It was always going to be a scramble for the Leather and Lettered editions but it should have worked a lot more smoothly. All I can offer to those people feeling upset or angry that their time was wasted is my apologies. I am so very sorry and please know that this isn’t how I wanted this project to begin.

I think next time (if there is a next time) we might look into alternative ways of doing the pre-order. Something where everyone is given a better chance at a copy. And no early reservations (which caused even more problems). I took those early reservations because I was uncertain how well this project would do. I was 100% wrong with my prediction and I am truly humbled that these books have caused such a strong response.

Once again, I am so sorry. I am heartbroken that this happened.

All the best,

Rich @ Lyra's Books
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

SOLD OUT! ALL EDITIONS!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I actually just came here to post that there are TWO Mustard copies left. Did they just sell?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seems like everything is sold now. Took what : less than 72 hours?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like a stunning production. If it was a book / author I was interested in, I would have jumped on it. If Lyra's Books continues to publish books, it looks like it's going to be committed to quality craftsmanship and attentive customer service... Would be great to see another press continue to raise the bar (a la Suntup)...

Country
    Country Flag

I have yet to see someone sell a copy on secondary market...: anyone else?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen one come by just yet... Maybe it's due to the fact that he is a new publisher?

Sent from my CPH1919 using Tapatalk

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen one come by just yet... Maybe it's due to the fact that he is a new publisher?

No I think people are just not letting them go!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Could be, i'm not letting my standard mustard go. 😂

I'm already regretting not adding the blue one though.

Country
    Country Flag

Or that people havent recieved it?
    Or that some people still have had some issues confirming their paypal orders?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Or that people havent recieved it?
    Or that some people still have had some issues confirming their paypal orders?
    I haven't even paid yet. Still waiting for the PP refund.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast