Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lyra's Books

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Lyra's Books

Now I do hope I'm placing this new thread where it belongs.

New kid on the publishing block: Lyra's Books, from the UK. No King yet, but hopefully that will change one day....Richard??

From the moment I saw the photos from Lyra's soon to be released STARDUST (Neil Gaiman) I was sold! I had never read the book, actually never read anything by this particular author, but the photos screamed....buy me!

There will be three editions:

*the slipcased Standard edition, in mustard and blue:

*the slipcased Leather edition:

*the traycased Lettered edition:

If Stardust is any indication of things to come - Lyra's Books is here to stay!

https://www.lyrasbooks.com/shop/

sk

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, very nice
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice editions! I would definitely buy a King edition!
    P2

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

FYI, Lyra's edition of Stardust has been discussed on the Collectible Neil Gaiman thread beginning here: https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...=1#post1190272

...which is not at all to say Lyra's doesn't deserve their own thread.

In addition to publishing special editions such as Stardust, they do rebinding work and also do custom work, including notebooks made for Gaiman himself (https://twitter.com/lyrasbooks/statu...37637866340352).

Check out these rebindings (Lyra's twitter page is full of goodness):

Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy: https://twitter.com/lyrasbooks/statu...15278485590021

Harry Potter: https://twitter.com/lyrasbooks/statu...39620177420288

Another Pullman HDM: https://twitter.com/lyrasbooks/statu...20812535091200

Oscar Wilde's The Picture Of Dorian Gray (any other Wilde fans here?): https://twitter.com/lyrasbooks/statu...08307448958976

The Silmarillion: https://twitter.com/lyrasbooks/statu...64522616131584

The Exorcist: https://twitter.com/lyrasbooks/statu...85614126878722

Lord of the Rings: https://twitter.com/lyrasbooks/statu...36393305706503

A multicolor LOTR: https://twitter.com/lyrasbooks/statu...63611378274304
    https://twitter.com/lyrasbooks/statu...78477537628165

A dark LOTR: https://twitter.com/lyrasbooks/statu...53799105314817

More Tolkien: https://twitter.com/lyrasbooks/statu...44893688053761

...ok; time to stop.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Orders opens next saturday, and the prices are now on the website
    => https://www.lyrasbooks.com/shop/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Is there a pre-sale for members for this? Or is this truly open to the public at the "pre-sale"?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Is there a pre-sale for members for this? Or is this truly open to the public at the "pre-sale"?
    Early on he took reservations but cut them off so he would have enough copies of each edition at public offering.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

The pricing on the lettered edition is INCREDIBLE. 2000 USD for that production? I’ve seen much worse priced much much higher.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

No interest in this particular Gaiman, but I signed up for their email list as I’m intrigued to see what’s next for them...they clearly do beautiful work.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    No interest in this particular Gaiman, but I signed up for their email list as I’m intrigued to see what’s next for them...they clearly do beautiful work.
    I have no idea what's next -been bugging Richard for a King limited, but that's easier said than done, obviously- but there might be a Hobbit somewhere down the road......

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I proudly own several of Rich's rebinds: Excorcist, LOTR, Earthsea, Harry Potter. He does incredible work with skill and careful attention to detail. And he's binding Stardust himself, by hand. I'm over the moon to be on the list.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazing books!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Early on he took reservations but cut them off so he would have enough copies of each edition at public offering.
    I image whatever is leftover from the Lettered and Leather will sellout in seconds. I'm hoping to grab a Standard Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    The pricing on the lettered edition is INCREDIBLE. 2000 USD for that production? I’ve seen much worse priced much much higher.
    It's gorgeous.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree Brian. Be hard to get anything when it goes live. I’m so thankful I got a lettered but I really wanted the leather bound 1/100. It’s so beautiful
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I agree Brian. Be hard to get anything when it goes live. I’m so thankful I got a lettered but I really wanted the leather bound 1/100. It’s so beautiful
    I'm late to the party as usual since I'm not a Gaiman reader and wasn't following that thread. People will have to be extremely fast Saturday as I didn't see on the site a way to set up an account ahead of time to login to. Do the Lettered and Leather carry rights, Kris like at Suntup for the next preorder?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I'm late to the party as usual since I'm not a Gaiman reader and wasn't following that thread. People will have to be extremely fast Saturday as I didn't see on the site a way to set up an account ahead of time to login to. Do the Lettered and Leather carry rights, Kris like at Suntup for the next preorder?
    Rich hasn’t decided but probably will do that IF HE does another one. I told him he needs to. His work is unreal good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

IF HE does another one.
    He'll do another one!

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    IF HE does another one.
    He'll do another one!

sk
    One can dream... I hope he does...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

hoping to get the standard mustard
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

These are beautiful editions. Hard to choose between the mustard and the blue versions of the standard edition.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I really like the leather slipcased binding material. I don't read gaiman but the collector in me wants a copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    These are beautiful editions. Hard to choose between the mustard and the blue versions of the standard edition.
    No, Patrick, it isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I really like the leather slipcased binding material. I don't read gaiman but the collector in me wants a copy.
    This.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I don't read gaiman but the collector in me wants a copy.
    Never read Gaiman either, but the moment I saw these editions, no doubt, they were going to be mine. And then I read the Stardust e-book, and really liked it. So definitely no regrets.

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in for one with mustard, and leather.

Wait, wait... That was supposed to read.

I purchased one leatherbound, and one with mustard cloth binding.

Had to get both, you never know when you're buying into something bigger than it seems at first. Like suntup.

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone wants to part with a leather... I’d gladly be open to chat. I was only able to get a lettered in the presale. But I really wanted the 1/100. I think that book is beautiful.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast