Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If It Bleeds *spoilers*

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default If It Bleeds *spoilers*

Didn’t see any threads on it so here it is. What did you think of this?

“Mr. Harrigan's Phone” was a pretty interesting look at how technology impacts us. The supernatural element felt almost secondary to that.

I felt “The Life of Chuck” had an intriguing first part with the end of the world but the remaining two parts with the ‘explanation’ felt a little underwhelming. This was probably King at his most metaphorical/experimental.

“If It Bleeds” was a pretty compelling follow-up to ‘The Outsider’. It could make a good second season to the show although Ralph being offscreen for the entire duration would probably have to be changed. I thought it was interesting how Holly came second after the idea of a ‘psychic vampire’ feeding off tragedy as a news reporter. As someone who hasn’t been crazy about Holly in the past I liked her here.

“Rat” was an interesting fable although I guess I expected something more horrific given King’s usage of rats in the past. Also the cover with the rat over a cat’s face is kind of perplexing as there is no cat in this story.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't read this yet so haven't listened, but here are two podcasts by The Losers Club discussing the book:

https://www.stitcher.com/show/the-lo...-pt-1-69461572
    https://www.stitcher.com/show/the-lo...-pt-2-69660055

+ Reply to Thread