Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 2010s

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Tale of the Princess Kaguya (2013)
    Isao Takahata

Watch trailer:

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION 25

"Everything going to be okay..."

Film: Captain Phillips
    Director: Paul Greengrass
    Year: 2013
    Trailer:

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Because, why not.
    I nominate World War Z 2013 Marc Foster

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I just want to say FUCK GOOGLE. Usually when these threads start up I can Google Top Rated 2010 films or whatever and see good films that I didn't think of. Now the "top rated" search does nothing since they made some change, and it's just movies. There is no fucking way that Gemini Man, Replicas and The Meg are among the top rated films of the decade. These aren't even films that were big enough that they should show up at the top of just movies for the time period, either.

Nomination #8 - The Lighthouse (2019)
    Directed by Robert Eggers

I'll second Infinity War...one of the few MCU films I believe deserves to be in the tournament.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Scratch that, Infinity War was seconded during my post.

Instead I second 10 Cloverfield Lane

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Nomination #8 - The Lighthouse (2019)
    Directed by Robert Eggers
    Coulda sworn this was already nominated otherwise I woulda.

Second.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I just want to say FUCK GOOGLE. Usually when these threads start up I can Google Top Rated 2010 films or whatever and see good films that I didn't think of. Now the "top rated" search does nothing since they made some change, and it's just movies. There is no fucking way that Gemini Man, Replicas and The Meg are among the top rated films of the decade. These aren't even films that were big enough that they should show up at the top of just movies for the time period, either.
    Hey have you gone through these list I posted not too long ago in the main overview thread?

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Since we're all starting to compile our lists already, here are some links that could help in that regard. Obviously, the 2010s decade just recently ended and the internet is full of end of decade lists. I'm sure you can find dozens upon dozens more. This is far from definitive but again, food for thought, and highly varied:

And also here I am shamelessly plugging my own Top 30 lists for each year, if anyone's curious (I'll be pretty much going off these for nominations):

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Midsommar
    Dir: Ari Aster
    Year: 2019

Country
    Country Flag

Pain and Glory (2019)
    Pedro Almodóvar

Watch trailer:

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second Selma.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

There are some excellent films I want to nominate, but I know either no one has seen them or like 1 or 2 people have seen them, and great film likes Uncle John or For Ellen or Mustang going out in the first round with 1 or 2 votes would sadden me more than them not being included at all :'(

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I nominate End of Watch 2012 David Ayer and if I can, second Captain Philips.
    Spoiler:

Sorry, but I tried to do the trailer but I could not get it to look right. It is still there if you click on the spoiler button.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION 26

"The part assigned to me is to raise the flag, which, if there be no fault in the machinery, I will do, and when up, it'll be for the people to keep it up. That's my speech."

Film: Lincoln
    Director: Steven Spielberg
    Year: 2012
    Trailer:

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    NOMINATION 26

"The part assigned to me is to raise the flag, which, if there be no fault in the machinery, I will do, and when up, it'll be for the people to keep it up. That's my speech."

Film: Lincoln
    Director: Steven Spielberg
    Year: 2012
    Trailer:
    I think I can second this.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Sorry, but I tried to do the trailer but I could not get it to look right. It is still there if you click on the spoiler button.
    Don't worry about it, but yes trailers can be tricky. You need to make sure you're using the full URL, not the short URL, and then also remove the "s" in "https". And then paste that into the Insert Video widget.

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second Thoroughbreds.

My Mood
    Cool

Don't worry about it, but yes trailers can be tricky. You need to make sure you're using the full URL, not the short URL, and then also remove the "s" in "https". And then paste that into the Insert Video widget.
    OH. I forgot about the video widget.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I'll second Midsommar

Country
    Country Flag

Yup, it's this button in the reply window:

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I nominate Midnight in Paris

My Mood
    Cool

Yup, it's this button in the reply window:
    I tried but I still could not make it work .

Country
    Country Flag

Happy Death Day (2017)
    Christopher Landon

Watch trailer:

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I nominate
    Interstellar 2014 Christopher Nolan
    second

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy Death Day (2017)
    Christopher Landon

Watch trailer:
    Second

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second It Follows.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast