Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 2010s

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Since that counts, I'll nominate 127 Hours

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Toni Erdmann (2016)
    Maren Ade

Watch trailer:

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    This post is purely to jog the memory of some people who might be clawing at the bottom of the barrel.

Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil
    Blue Valentine
    Attack the Block
    Don Jon
    Out of the Furnace
    The Place Beyond the Pines
    Side Effects
    A Most Violent Year
    Source Code
    The Rover
    Calvary
    Shame
    Get the Gringo
    Locke
    Starred Up
    ...In A World
    The Guest
    We Are What We Are
    Lion
    The Shallows
    A Monster Calls
    Widows
    Sorry to Bother You
    Wildlife
    Luce
    Blindspotting
    Luce
    Peanut Butter Falcon
    The Way Way Back
    Rush
    Swiss Army Man
    Stoker (Where the fuck is Matt?)
    Uncut Gems
    Good Time
    I've got about 50 movies left and none one of them are those.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Passengers(2016)

Morten Tyldum
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Toni Erdmann (2016)
    Maren Ade

Watch trailer:
    That was going to be my next nomination. So I'll Second it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Of all the films left to be nominated, I'm positive Red_Balloon could come up with something more widely seen and more likely to get votes during the tournament.
    Or one could use the opportunity to watch lesser known productions such as that to gain a wider perspective.
    My only concern is that it's more like a TV show, not that it's lesser known (I've nominated a bunch of things only I have probably seen). If nobody objects to it, I'll count it as a nom.
    Then so be it. Your Tournament, your call, Mae.
    I just with they'd nominate things under their main account instead of only logging in with that account to nominate things for the tournaments.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Of all the films left to be nominated, I'm positive Red_Balloon could come up with something more widely seen and more likely to get votes during the tournament.
    Or one could use the opportunity to watch lesser known productions such as that to gain a wider perspective.
    My only concern is that it's more like a TV show, not that it's lesser known (I've nominated a bunch of things only I have probably seen). If nobody objects to it, I'll count it as a nom.
    I just with they'd nominate things under their main account instead of only logging in with that account to nominate things for the tournaments.
    They?

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Passengers(2016)

Morten Tyldum
    second
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd hate to have another Gangster #1 situation.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This post is purely to jog the memory of some people who might be clawing at the bottom of the barrel.

Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil
    Blue Valentine
    Attack the Block
    Don Jon
    Out of the Furnace
    Side Effects
    A Most Violent Year
    Source Code
    The Rover
    Calvary
    Shame
    Get the Gringo
    Locke
    Starred Up
    ...In A World
    The Guest
    We Are What We Are
    Lion
    The Shallows
    A Monster Calls
    Widows
    Sorry to Bother You
    Wildlife
    Luce
    Blindspotting
    Luce
    Peanut Butter Falcon
    The Way Way Back
    Rush
    Swiss Army Man
    Uncut Gems
    Good Time
    I've got about 50 movies left and none one of them are those.
    Time to branch out then!

I second Out of the Furnace.

Nominate: Blue Valentine (2010)
    Dir: Derek Cianfrance
    Trailer:

Along the Path of the Beam Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about

I like the film; Wipers Times is especially poignant to me for family reasons. I'm tired of jibes though so can you please cancel my account. Thanks.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second Blue Valentine.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Since that counts, I'll nominate 127 Hours
    I will second this

Country
    Country Flag

A bit surprised to see 1922 get seconded before Gerald's Game is even nominated. I was sure it was the more well-received of the two.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gerald's Game was a good movie (IMO), 1922 was unheralded, but was a deeply dark and disturbing movie.
    GG went (despite the R rating for the women cutting her wrist to pull out of the cuffs) too PG-13 in all other aspects.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'll second Tucker & Dale, it was also on my list to nominate.

I might be in the minority but 1922 is one of my favorite recent King films. Gerald's Game was good too, but I personally think 1922 was better.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

When Marnie Was There (2014)
    Dir: Hiromasa Yonebayashi

Just rewatched this one earlier today, great little film from Studio Ghibli.

Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil
    Blue Valentine
    Attack the Block
    Don Jon
    Out of the Furnace
    Side Effects
    A Most Violent Year
    Source Code
    The Rover
    Calvary
    Shame
    Get the Gringo
    Locke
    Starred Up
    ...In A World
    The Guest
    We Are What We Are
    Lion
    The Shallows
    A Monster Calls
    Widows
    Sorry to Bother You
    Wildlife
    Luce
    Blindspotting
    Luce
    Peanut Butter Falcon
    The Way Way Back
    Rush
    Swiss Army Man
    Uncut Gems
    Good Time
    What did happen to Matt. I've been waiting for him to come in here and nominate Stoker. I just might do it soon if he doesn't.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I nominate The King's Speech (2010)

Trailer
    Spoiler:

Country
    Country Flag

Given the current state of the world, also surprised to not see this prescient gem nominated yet:

Contagion (2011)
    Steven Soderbergh

Watch trailer:

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I second Contagion.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nominate: Mudbound (2017)
    Dir: Dee Rees
    Trailer:

It's on Netflix and it's super timely. Go watch it.

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second Mudbound.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

What did happen to Matt. I've been waiting for him to come in here and nominate Stoker. I just might do it soon if he doesn't.
    These threads move way too fucking fast. Seriously miss a day and 40% of the field has been filled. It's no wonder why I find it so hard to get invested in these tournaments. Stoker is on my list, to nominate and I gotta nominate more of my bae Mia...

I was going to nominate on mobile but it was daunting trying to go through the whole offing list to find a movie that hadn't been nominated or seconded.

Nomination 13 or whatever - Stoker (2013)
    Directed by Chan-wook Park
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Second OVERLORD
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast