Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 2010s

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

What did happen to Matt. I've been waiting for him to come in here and nominate Stoker. I just might do it soon if he doesn't.
    These threads move way too fucking fast. Seriously miss a day and 40% of the field has been filled. It's no wonder why I find it so hard to get invested in these tournaments. Stoker is on my list, to nominate and I gotta nominate more of my bae Mia...

I was going to nominate on mobile but it was daunting trying to go through the whole offing list to find a movie that hadn't been nominated or seconded.

Nomination 13 or whatever - Stoker (2013)
    Directed by Chan-wook Park
    I second Stoker.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I nominate The Invitation (2015)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIZgwvtFxMY

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I second The Invitation.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I just want to say that I am glad contagion is on the list.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION #11

Film: Creed
    Director: Ryan Coogler
    Year: 2015

The concept was so logical and so obvious, and yet it all seemed so fresh and original. Rock becomes Mickey, and the introduction of Michael B. Jordan for a new generation of sports enthusiasts was a winning mix. The sequel was great as well. Kinda surprised this one hasn't been nominated yet.

Spoiler:

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

One of my very favorite horror films from the past decade is the South Korean film Bedeviled (2010) and I nominate it!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Of all the films left to be nominated, I'm positive Red_Balloon could come up with something more widely seen and more likely to get votes during the tournament.
    Or one could use the opportunity to watch lesser known productions such as that to gain a wider perspective.
    My only concern is that it's more like a TV show, not that it's lesser known (I've nominated a bunch of things only I have probably seen). If nobody objects to it, I'll count it as a nom.
    Then so be it. Your Tournament, your call, Mae.
    I just with they'd nominate things under their main account instead of only logging in with that account to nominate things for the tournaments.
    They?
    He/she/whatever.

Its pretty obvious that's a burner account.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Second: Her Smell

Nominate:
    Easy A
    Will Gluck

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

He/she/whatever.

Its pretty obvious that's a burner account.

Whoever it is, they only seem to participate in the site for these tournaments.

This will be al all midnight post for me...

Nomination #14 - Midnight Special (2016)
    Directed by Jeff Nichols

I second Before Midnight
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I nominate The King's Speech (2010)

Trailer
    Spoiler:
    Great film. Seconded!!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Zootopia seconded

Since Still Servant threw his list up, here are a few I have left. There's more but have to go through notes...some of these are probably already on the lists but I can't see too well and maybe missed them so please excuse that if I have, thanks.
    I keep thinking of new ones but there's one I had in mind and it just ran right out of it, so annoying!

I Spit On Your Grave
    Insidious
    13 Assassins
    Beyond the Black Rainbow
    Moneyball
    50/50
    The Descendants
    The Skin I Live In
    Moonrise Kingdom
    Excision
    Killer Joe
    Ted
    Seven Psychopaths
    Paranorman
    The Master
    Magic Mike
    Behind the Candleabra
    Blue Jasmine
    The Conjuring
    Dallas Buyers Club
    Evil Dead
    Oblivion
    Warm Bodies
    The Lego Movie
    Magic in the Moonlight
    The Walk
    Shaun the Sheep Movie
    An Irrational Man
    Anomalisa
    Inside Out
    Don't Breathe
    The Jungle Book
    Cafe Society
    Finding Dory
    Lights Out
    Deepwater Horizon
    The Conjuring 2
    Doctor Strange
    The Autopsy of Jane Doe
    Sinister
    Sinister 2
    A Simple Favor
    Ready or Not
    Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark
    Logan Lucky
    It Comes at Night
    Mandy
    Halloween
    Revenge
    Kill List
    Stranger by the Lake
    Magic Mike XXL

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not going to verify everything on this list is not on the main list...that would take too much time.

Uncle John
    For Ellen
    The Clovehitch Killer
    A Light Beneath Their Feet
    Ruby Sparks
    It Comes at Night
    Buried
    Everest
    12 Strong
    The Last Exorcism
    Attack the Block
    Ingrid Goes West
    Fighting With My Family
    Celeste and Jesse Forever
    A Monster Calls
    While We're Young
    20th Century Women
    Upstream Color
    Loving
    The Skeleton Twins
    Anomalisa
    Stake Land
    Jane Eyre
    Shame
    Infinitely Polar Bear
    Under the Shadow
    Take Shelter
    Win Win
    Carnage
    Calvary
    Pawn Sacrifice
    Galveston
    Mustang
    Tracks
    It's a Disaster
    The Monster
    Wuthering Heights
    Tomboy
    The Miseducation of Cameron Post
    Beneath
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

oooh, Buried and Stake Land were really good. I Love A Monster Calls.
    I love others lists! So many I haven't seen yet.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION 40

"LA is a beautifully wrapped lie."

Film: Tangerine
    Director: Sean Baker
    Year: 2015
    Trailer:

I nominate Dogtooth

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

A Girl Walks Alone at Night (2015)
    Dir: Ana Lily
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Been on my to-see list forever.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Second Green Room. THat is a great film for anyone that hasn't seen it.. A real hidden Gem!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Been on my to-see list forever.
    I hope you check it out at some point, I think you would really enjoy it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dogtooth is 2009.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I nominate Dogtooth
    That's a 2009 film, Tommy. We had it in our 2000s tournament.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second Tangerine.

Country
    Country Flag

Paddington 2 (2017)
    Paul King

Watch trailer:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast