Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 2010s

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Saying someone has an extra member ID is a serious charge. Even more serious for a staff member (who didn't have advance permission). Although Red_Balloon, and T-Dogz_AK47 might know each other, I see no direct evidence that Red_Balloon is in fact an account used by T-Dogz_AK47.
    I see that Red_Balloon has asked for his/her account to be cancelled. So I'll drop it.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Also if people are interested, I thought it would be fun to make a prediction pool for fun, where we predict the top 16/8/4/2/winner of the tournament.
    That would be fun but it's honestly so wide open.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I see that Red_Balloon has asked for his/her account to be cancelled. So I'll drop it.
    A wise decision. You're making an ass of yourself.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    A wise decision. You're making an ass of yourself.

I know what I know and there are others that agree with me. But I'm done with it now.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Saying someone has an extra member ID is a serious charge. Even more serious for a staff member (who didn't have advance permission). Although Red_Balloon, and T-Dogz_AK47 might know each other, I see no direct evidence that Red_Balloon is in fact an account used by T-Dogz_AK47.
    Where do you see that?

Where do you see that?
    Here:

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Balloon View Post
    I like the film; Wipers Times is especially poignant to me for family reasons. I'm tired of jibes though so can you please cancel my account. Thanks.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I had 51 seconded entries from 52 nominations. Not a bad result and I'm happy with that.

I had a better ratio in the 90's tournament though, 57 / 57.
    Roughly half of the unseconded nominations are mine
    hmmmm...quality over quantity ?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Also if people are interested, I thought it would be fun to make a prediction pool for fun, where we predict the top 16/8/4/2/winner of the tournament.
    I'm down. If you're cool with organizing it, start the thread!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I'm down. If you're cool with organizing it, start the thread!
    To keep things tidy, it could even be done in this thread.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll leave it up to Matt, we can always merge later.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I had both Mud and Moonrise Kingdom on my lists, just never got to them.
    It's just weird because Take Shelter and Midnight Special, two other Nichols films, were nominated. Loving also didn't get nominated but could have. I could make the argument that Mud is his best film.
    I agree with the two films of Nichols that went in. As much as I like Mud and Loving, they're just not at the same level of Midnight Special and Take Shelter. I actually wrote out Mud's nomination twice before changing my mind to Nocturnal Animals and While We're Young

Ricky, Philomena is one of the films I totally forgot scor like Tge Help. Moneyball was another one I'm glad someone nominatdatv the end. Weird I forgot about that one when I just recently watched it.

Also TO EVERYONE: it's not in the tournament, but watchMaudie. It's a truly wonderful film starring Sally Hawkins and Ethan Hawke.
    Maudie is an excellent film. Maude Lewis is a treasure of our province and I’ve tried to purchase her artwork numerous times but always outbid. Her house still is intact in our local museum and they have the largest collection in the world of her works. I’m about an hour or so from where she grew up and have visited it many times with a replica home there now that you can see for free. I wish I remembered this movie as I would have nominated it. She was such a sweet warm soul. Her artwork hangs in the Whitehouse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

is Maudie on Prime? (and free? lol)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Then it's somebody posting on his behalf. There is nobody that will ever convince me otherwise.

I've been keeping track of the nominations and seconds since the 90s tournament. The amount of seconds/nominations between T-Dogz and Red Balloon are astronomically out of proportion. It's not even close. I made a promise to Mae that I wouldn't cause a scene, but when I see someone start going around trashing another poster and singling him out, I'm not going to stand by. Over the past few years, I've had 5 different posters reach out to me about this exact issue. And before anybody says it, it's not my "click" of friends. It's posters that I don't have a lot of interactions with.

Last piece of evidence and I will drop it because I don't want this to detract from a great nomination process and post nomination discussion.

Gangster #1 nominated by Red Balloon, seconded by T-Dogz. The films goes on to get ZERO votes in the tournament. Something that has never happened before. You can't tell me that's not suspicious. I'm not saying it's an alt account, but something is fishy.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

is Maudie on Prime? (and free? lol)
    *Mae enters and pushes the Just Watch app again*

Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    It's just weird because Take Shelter and Midnight Special, two other Nichols films, were nominated. Loving also didn't get nominated but could have. I could make the argument that Mud is his best film.
    I agree with the two films of Nichols that went in. As much as I like Mud and Loving, they're just not at the same level of Midnight Special and Take Shelter. I actually wrote out Mud's nomination twice before changing my mind to Nocturnal Animals and While We're Young

Ricky, Philomena is one of the films I totally forgot scor like Tge Help. Moneyball was another one I'm glad someone nominatdatv the end. Weird I forgot about that one when I just recently watched it.

Also TO EVERYONE: it's not in the tournament, but watchMaudie. It's a truly wonderful film starring Sally Hawkins and Ethan Hawke.
    Maudie is an excellent film. Maude Lewis is a treasure of our province and I’ve tried to purchase her artwork numerous times but always outbid. Her house still is intact in our local museum and they have the largest collection in the world of her works. I’m about an hour or so from where she grew up and have visited it many times with a replica home there now that you can see for free. I wish I remembered this movie as I would have nominated it. She was such a sweet warm soul. Her artwork hangs in the Whitehouse!

Why didn't you second it? lol
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Why didn't you second it? lol
    Totally must have missed it. I was Away most of the weekend. It should be in this tournament. Very sad it was missed and your right... watch it guys. Amazing film.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Then it's somebody posting on his behalf. There is nobody that will ever convince me otherwise.

I've been keeping track of the nominations and seconds since the 90s tournament. The amount of seconds/nominations between T-Dogz and Red Balloon are astronomically out of proportion. It's not even close. I made a promise to Mae that I wouldn't cause a scene, but when I see someone start going around trashing another poster and singling him out, I'm not going to stand by. Over the past few years, I've had 5 different posters reach out to me about this exact issue. And before anybody says it, it's not my "click" of friends. It's posters that I don't have a lot of interactions with.

Last piece of evidence and I will drop it because I don't want this to detract from a great nomination process and post nomination discussion.

Gangster #1 nominated by Red Balloon, seconded by T-Dogz. The films goes on to get ZERO votes in the tournament. Something that has never happened before. You can't tell me that's not suspicious. I'm not saying it's an alt account, but something is fishy.

I would guess that the number of nominations and seconds between myself and webstar1000 are "astronomically" out of proportion.

I myself asked my son (who is an admin here and helps with tech issues) to log in and make a vote in a tie issue. I asked him to choose himself which of the films he preferred. I also PM'd mae about it and said the decision to allow the vote or not rested with her.

I think that the films that ended in the last 16, and the ultimate winner for each period were legit.

Of course I could be mistaken, so I leave any and all judgement calls to mae.

mae makes all decisions and I stand behind them.

Jerome

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Jerome, I try and run this as best and as fair as possible. All nominations are final and I feel like the list we ended up with reflects the decade wonderfully. I'm going over it now, collecting trailers and posters as I always do, and it just reminds me of what a great ten years of movies it was! Can't wait for the voting to start!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks mae.

End of debate/discussion about unfair voting.

Official complaints regarding multiple accounts should be sent via PM to myself or Patrick.

Country
    Country Flag

To get back on topic, I am pleasantly surprised to see no Fast & Furious movies were nominated.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

To get back on topic, I am pleasantly surprised to see no Fast & Furious movies were nominated.
    The only one out of that dumb bunch I would have not been that upset about would have been Hobbs & Shaw. It was dumb but entertaining probably due to the fact that it didn't have the overcrowded and not entertaining crew from most of the previous entries. Plus I've liked Statham since I first saw him in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

I watched and mostly enjoyed the F&F movies but they all kind of run together in my memory. I remember certain actors and certain scenes but I couldn't tell you which specific movie they are from.

My wife and I are big fans of Paul Walker though and he seemed like a really cool guy IRL. It was a sad day when we lost him.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oops - I thought about it, but I felt that plenty of people nominate genre faire and I left it to others. It's a shame because something from that series deserves to be in the tourney.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm stoked that there's no F&F films on here

Country
    Country Flag

I'm stoked that there's no F&F films on here
    I like action and not a fan of F&F that much... they are really silly to be honest. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 LastLast