Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Foundation on Apple TV+

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Foundation on Apple TV+

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

interesting...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I will be checking it out
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That looks bad ass. Too bad I'll probably never, ever get Apple TV tho...

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I'm on the fence with this one. It's hard to see how they will be able to take the source material and make something entertaining that isn't also dumbed down.

After the success of The Expanse, I can see why content providers are reaching for other well-regarded Sci-Fi works to base new series on. But The Expanse seems ready made for the visual medium. Foundation, not so much. It's about ideas and concepts rather than characters, action and visuals. And there are subtleties to the underlying (invented) science that could too easily be discarded if the writers have too little restraint. Hari Seldon did not have superpowers.

I'm intrigued, but somewhat skeptical.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I'm on the fence with this one. It's hard to see how they will be able to take the source material and make something entertaining that isn't also dumbed down.

After the success of The Expanse, I can see why content providers are reaching for other well-regarded Sci-Fi works to base new series on. But The Expanse seems ready made for the visual medium. Foundation, not so much. It's about ideas and concepts rather than characters, action and visuals. And there are subtleties to the underlying (invented) science that could too easily be discarded if the writers have too little restraint. Hari Seldon did not have superpowers.

I'm intrigued, but somewhat skeptical.

HBJ
    Pretty spot on analysis there, my friend. It has a lot of the same issues as adapting "Dune", though there is a little more action and visuals for that project to work with for film. It is a crowning work of Sci-Fi though and if any of you above who found it interesting want to do yourself a favor, read the trilogy. It's a compelling, thought provoking page turner you'll want to finish in one sitting. A true work of literary art written by the Master of Sci-Fi.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Any news????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Still nothing new? Gotta admit that re=watching that trailer it sure does look very good. No premier date as yet?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Somehow my subscription to this thread went away after I posted, Hmmmm?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Any updates at all?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Any release date yet?
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Any release date yet?
    It's shown twice in the trailer, September 24th.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL, at work so I didn't get to watch it yet. Thanks
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Trailer looks great!! I'm really looking forward to this one!! Think I mentioned I'm in the middle of a re-read of the series.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Bill, are you watching?

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...-second-season
    After debuting two weeks ago, Apple TV+ has officially granted creator David S. Goyer’s sci-fi drama series Foundation an early second season renewal. The series adaptation of Isaac Asimov’s iconic novel has already released its first four episodes, which are now available for streaming on Apple TV+.

“Since my childhood I’ve dreamed of how Hari Seldon and Eto Demerzel would look and sound – what Terminus and Trantor would feel like,” Goyer said. “Now, with season two, our audience will get to visit more of Asimov’s indelible characters and worlds, including Hober Mallow, General Bel Riose, and all the Outer Suns. I’m thrilled that a whole new generation of fans are reading Asimov’s brilliant masterwork. We’re playing the long game with ‘Foundation’ and I’m grateful to my partners at Apple and Skydance for entrusting me with this epic. Buckle up. We’re about to fold some serious space.”

Producer Robyn Asimov added, “David Goyer’s ‘Foundation’ has surpassed all my expectations by bringing my father’s philosophy and ideas to the screen in ways he could never do while staying true to his work. I know my father would have been proud to see his iconic story come to life through the show’s visual beauty and the layered characters, understanding full well his words would need this cinematic translation. My father was deeply indebted to his fans, to their loyalty and always hoped his work would pass through to following generations. The ‘Foundation’ series is fulfilling his wish (and mine) by introducing his work to a vast array of new readers. Given the cerebral nature of the ‘Foundation’ books, this series is a tour de force.”

Apple TV+’s Foundation hails from creator and executive producer David S. Goyer, who is also serving as showrunner. It stars Emmy Award nominees Jared Harris as Hari Seldon and Lee Pace as Brother Day along with Lou Llobell as Gaal Dornick; Leah Harvey as Salvor Hardin; Laura Birn as Demerzel; Terrence Mann as Brother Dusk; Cassian Bilton as Brother Dawn; and Alfred Enoch as Raych.

“When revolutionary Dr. Hari Seldon predicts the impending fall of the Empire, he and a band of loyal followers venture to the far reaches of the galaxy to establish The Foundation in an attempt to rebuild and preserve the future of civilization,” reads the official synopsis. “Enraged by Hari’s claims, the ruling Cleons — a long line of emperor clones — fear their grasp on the galaxy may be weakening as they’re forced to reckon with the potential reality of losing their legacy forever.

The 10-episode series chronicles the stories of four crucial individuals transcending space and time as they overcome deadly crises, shifting loyalties, and complicated relationships that will ultimately determine the fate of humanity.”

Foundation is executive produced by Robyn Asimov, Josh Friedman, Cameron Welsh, David Ellison, Dana Goldberg, and Bill Bost. It is a co-production between Apple Studios and Skydance Television.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, are you watching?

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...-second-season
    After debuting two weeks ago, Apple TV+ has officially granted creator David S. Goyer’s sci-fi drama series Foundation an early second season renewal. The series adaptation of Isaac Asimov’s iconic novel has already released its first four episodes, which are now available for streaming on Apple TV+.

“Since my childhood I’ve dreamed of how Hari Seldon and Eto Demerzel would look and sound – what Terminus and Trantor would feel like,” Goyer said. “Now, with season two, our audience will get to visit more of Asimov’s indelible characters and worlds, including Hober Mallow, General Bel Riose, and all the Outer Suns. I’m thrilled that a whole new generation of fans are reading Asimov’s brilliant masterwork. We’re playing the long game with ‘Foundation’ and I’m grateful to my partners at Apple and Skydance for entrusting me with this epic. Buckle up. We’re about to fold some serious space.”

Producer Robyn Asimov added, “David Goyer’s ‘Foundation’ has surpassed all my expectations by bringing my father’s philosophy and ideas to the screen in ways he could never do while staying true to his work. I know my father would have been proud to see his iconic story come to life through the show’s visual beauty and the layered characters, understanding full well his words would need this cinematic translation. My father was deeply indebted to his fans, to their loyalty and always hoped his work would pass through to following generations. The ‘Foundation’ series is fulfilling his wish (and mine) by introducing his work to a vast array of new readers. Given the cerebral nature of the ‘Foundation’ books, this series is a tour de force.”

Apple TV+’s Foundation hails from creator and executive producer David S. Goyer, who is also serving as showrunner. It stars Emmy Award nominees Jared Harris as Hari Seldon and Lee Pace as Brother Day along with Lou Llobell as Gaal Dornick; Leah Harvey as Salvor Hardin; Laura Birn as Demerzel; Terrence Mann as Brother Dusk; Cassian Bilton as Brother Dawn; and Alfred Enoch as Raych.

“When revolutionary Dr. Hari Seldon predicts the impending fall of the Empire, he and a band of loyal followers venture to the far reaches of the galaxy to establish The Foundation in an attempt to rebuild and preserve the future of civilization,” reads the official synopsis. “Enraged by Hari’s claims, the ruling Cleons — a long line of emperor clones — fear their grasp on the galaxy may be weakening as they’re forced to reckon with the potential reality of losing their legacy forever.

The 10-episode series chronicles the stories of four crucial individuals transcending space and time as they overcome deadly crises, shifting loyalties, and complicated relationships that will ultimately determine the fate of humanity.”

Foundation is executive produced by Robyn Asimov, Josh Friedman, Cameron Welsh, David Ellison, Dana Goldberg, and Bill Bost. It is a co-production between Apple Studios and Skydance Television.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, who else is watcjing this show? I'm enjoying it immensely!!! Even though they are very loosely basing it on the novels. Very loosely. I'm in the process of a re-read and finished "Prelude" last week (revised book No.1) and I am now halfway through book 2 (Foundation). Seems to me that they are utilizing material from, "Prelude" and really re-shaping the original material for a visual format. Still very good and I fully understand it to a degree. Gender swapping aside, the novels are a little too, umm cereberal, dry and slow comparitively for TV.

Production values and axting are superb IMHO. Anyone else digging this show? Thoughts? reviews? So, far.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I am 2 episodes in and enjoy it, hoping for more, but intrigued.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, I believe the season finale is Friday and I had some thoughts to throw out to the collective intelligence on these here boards. First of all, I am enjoying it so far. As stated above, I am also in the midst of a re-read. I am on book 3 of the complete series and I'll be damned if I can figure out how exactly they have shaped the original source material. Now, granted a straight adaption of the novels probably would not play to the general public. I realize that but, the story so far seems to be more based in the "Foundation world", Asimov created. It's good though so far. Production and FX quality is top notch and the story intriguing. However, I can't help feeling that some of the charm of the novels is not being, how do I say, respected (?), retained (?).

Main point being that if you have not read the novels don't rely on this to sum it up for you. Definitely read the books!! Seems as if they have drawn several different plot lines from throughout the series and woven them into this story. Heck, apparently the first "Seldon Crisis" doesn't happen until the season finale!! And the genetic Emperor is way out of line with the books. Demerzel as well. All that is not to criticize the TV series. It's damn good. It's just that it plays very fast and loose with the source material and hopefully will encourage folks to actually read perhaps the greatest Sci-Fi saga ever written!! So many have drawn upon it for inspiration and context. Dune and George Lucas to name a couple off the top of my head.

What's really interesting to me is the current use of "Analytics" in the real and sports worlds and the "Pyscho-history" idea put forward in a book of 50+years ago. Very interesting indeed. So enjoy the show, but READ the books, sports fans!! lol

Anyone else have some thoughts to share?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Especially since I'm in the re-read, I would love to discuss the book/show. In spoilers of course!! lol

It's very interesting the choices they're making vs the books. Love to here some other takes on it.

For the record, the show is top of the line, class "A" Sci-fi all the way around, so far anyway IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast