+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Films of This Decade (2020s)

One word - Tenet Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I shared it in the General Movie Discussion thread.

My Top 10 Favorite Films of 2020

Here's an expanded and updated list below:

1. Tenet
    2. Sound of Metal
    3. Palm Springs
    4. Promising Young Woman
    5. The World to Come
    6. Pieces of a Woman
    7. Beasts Clawing at Straws
    8. The Trial of the Chicago 7
    9. Run
    10. First Cow
    11. Uncle Frank
    12. Little Fish
    13. One Night in Miami
    14. The Invisible Man
    15. Swallow
    16. The Devil All the Time
    17. On the Rocks
    18. Borat: Subsequent Movie Film
    19. Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
    20. Freaky

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice list! I think my own Top 5 might look similar.

A few notes: Little Fish came out in 2021 and First Cow in 2019. And #18 I imagine is Borat Subsequent Moviefilm.

One word - Tenet Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Nice list! I think my own Top 5 might look similar.

A few notes: Little Fish came out in 2021 and First Cow in 2019. And #18 I imagine is Borat Subsequent Moviefilm.
    I added the wrong Borat to Letterboxd. Good catch.

The whole year thing is tricky, First Cow was mainly released in 2020 and appeared on a lot of 2020 lists, so I figured I would keep it there. Eventually, when I redo these lists at the end of the decade I will have to shuffle things around. I actually just saw Little Fish today. Letterboxd lists it as 2020.

I saw Palm Springs so early in the pandemic and I figured it would move down, but my love for it continued to grow and I ended up watching it a second time and enjoying it even more.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick has much to be proud of Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Weathering With You is actually a 2019 release. Didn't you watch many of the streaming releases last year?
    2019 in Japan, maybe. It opened in North America January 17th, 2020

Most of the streaming services films opened on aren't in Canada. And I ain't paying 20-27 bucks to rent a new release.

The theater by me just opened up again so im going to check out Promising Young Woman this week while I'm off school.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2