Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Apparently there's yet another Children of the Corn remake coming?

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag
    Mark Twain

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like the Amityville movies, there can never be enough CoC. Maybe they will run out of ideas soon and have to make one in outer space. Growing corn on the moon. Great drive in movies if they still exist.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Yeah, the fact that it took years to find a distributor told me everything I needed to know about it.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I doubt an Oscar nomination was ever contemplated by the makers of a Children of the Corn movie. There is a good kind of bad movie. Uncle Stevie cashed the check either way.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, King probably do not get any check for it given he sold the rights of the title many moons ago.

And that's what the studios are using.
    Also the reason why the studios rushed to film a version during the pandemic and did a small release in Sarasota just before they were losing the rights I believe

But why spending money to keep the rights if the movie shite behind?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Well, King probably do not get any check for it given he sold the rights of the title many moons ago.

And that's what the studios are using.
    Also the reason why the studios rushed to film a version during the pandemic and did a small release in Sarasota just before they were losing the rights I believe

But why spending money to keep the rights if the movie shite behind?
    King got the rights to Children Of The Corn back in 2018, so this latest one was made through a deal with him

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know what you are referring to (regarding the american rights to "Dead Zone", "Cujo", "Creepshow", "Cat's eye", "Firestarter" and "Children of the corn"), but I am not 100% sure he is getting anything directly related to that movie
    To be confirmed or denied, I am still convinced that the studios rushed to do that movie and release it before a deadline back in 2020
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

The bluray release announced in may made me look back at it

Joseph Maddrey is quite clear about it in his book "Adapting Stephen King - vol 2"
    As I was convinced, he says that the termination date on King's notice to get his rights back was october 31, 2020

So it's definitely no wonder that they shot the movie during the pandemic and did a small release of 2 sessions in Sarasota a week before that.
    Which means, I guess, that King is getting no money from that movie. But that's the very last one they are able to do without his approval. Meaning very likely the last one

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2