36. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Terminator

19 52.78%
  • Blade Runner

17 47.22%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 1980s: Octofinal 5 of 8

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Blade Runner
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

YES... T is in the lead.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    YES... T is in the lead.
    Don't get too excited Kris. If The Terminator goes through it will face The Empire Strikes Back in the next round.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    YES... T is in the lead.
    Don't get too excited Kris. If The Terminator goes through it will face The Empire Strikes Back in the next round.
    Then is should lose. lol DAMM. I wanted it to be:
    Indy, Star Wars, Term. Top three.....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I can definitely understand how this one is close. Blade Runner wasn't really all that popular when it came out. It didn't really gain it's popularity until the 90's and if Blade Runner 2049 is any indication, it's still largely a niche audience. Terminator on the other hand has broad appeal. Don't get me wrong I like Blade Runner a lot, but I find it's an acquired taste.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

YES... T is in the lead.
    Unfortunately, Raiders of the Lost Ark will be having a hard fight in the next round too... it will be facing off against Aliens.

Country
    Country Flag

YES... T is in the lead.
    Unfortunately, Raiders of the Lost Ark will be having a hard fight in the next round too... it will be facing off against Aliens.
    Hmmm I think it will win. Don’t you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

YES... T is in the lead.

Going on the voting percentages so far, I think it will be an Aliens vs The Empire Strikes Back final.

Country
    Country Flag

YES... T is in the lead.

Going on the voting percentages so far, I think it will be an Aliens vs The Empire Strikes Back final.
    I hope empire and Indy. Indy should win i tbink

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The Terminator moves on and Blade Runner is terminated.

Country
    Country Flag

Had Blade Runner survived this poll, it would have faced Die Hard in the next round. It was pretty much fucked either way.

Still, The Terminator vs The Empire Strikes Back should be interesting...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not so sure about that, but it def would have been an interesting round.

Country
    Country Flag

The best man won for me here.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Yeah I enjoy Die Hard, but I don't see why it's gone on for so long.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Yeah I enjoy Die Hard, but I don't see why it's gone on for so long.
    Because it redefined/reimagined the action genre - that's why!

Country
    Country Flag

Sure but #4 film of the entire 1980s?

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Sure but #4 film of the entire 1980s?
    To be fair bracketed tournaments aren't really very good at determining an overall ranking, just a winner. Because who's to say that if the match ups were different that we wouldn't have different order for the top 10.

Country
    Country Flag

That's true, but still it's a bit high for me, but that's just my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3