36. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Breakfast Club

17 47.22%
  • The Princess Bride

19 52.78%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 1980s: Round 5 - Group 13 of 16

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, as I was going through each post in this thread for stated votes, another newbie commented with their preference but did not actually cast a vote:

Quote Originally Posted by Netsgira View Post
    Don't you.. forget about me!

Brings back a lot of memories and surely is a stress reliever since it's such a feel-good movie.
    If we add Netsgira's vote to the poll, that breaks the tie.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I venture to guess that this epic battle comes down more to the age of those voting than anything else.
    I suspect that's often related; I would be interested to see if that's the case with this pairing.

I can get the ball rolling: I'm 51 and went for TPB.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Actually, as I was going through each post in this thread for stated votes, another newbie commented with their preference but did not actually cast a vote:

Brings back a lot of memories and surely is a stress reliever since it's such a feel-good movie.
    Really shouldn't be doing that, these people have had a week to cast an actual vote. A stated vote to break a tie is one thing, actually casting a vote for someone that couldn't be bothered to do so is something else entirely.

A true reflection of actual votes cast would be 17 - 16 in favour of The Princess Bride. Unless of course, the members in question actually cast their vote before the poll closes.

Otherwise, I think their "proxy" vote should be voided.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I venture to guess that this epic battle comes down more to the age of those voting than anything else.
    I suspect that's often related; I would be interested to see if that's the case with this pairing.

56 - BC (my hypothesis is already in question - hahaha)

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, its a subtle difference, but I think it is more an issue of how old you were the first time (and maybe last time too) you saw it as opposed to how old you are now.

For example I probably voted for Clash of Titans longer then it deserved based on how I felt about it when I first saw it, and I think this is a factor in Kris's love of Temple of Doom.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

Well, its a subtle difference, but I think it is more an issue of how old you were the first time (and maybe last time too) you saw it as opposed to how old you are now.

For example I probably voted for Clash of Titans longer then it deserved based on how I felt about it when I first saw it, and I think this is a factor in Kris's love of Temple of Doom.
    Point taken, and obviously I have influenced my family. When I shared this thread, my wife and two teenage daughters said BC without hesitation. Maybe I should get them to join the website - hahaha!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

My stated vote is PB
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Princess Bride.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Princess bride for sure!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

Really shouldn't be doing that, these people have had a week to cast an actual vote. A stated vote to break a tie is one thing, actually casting a vote for someone that couldn't be bothered to do so is something else entirely.

A true reflection of actual votes cast would be 17 - 16 in favour of The Princess Bride. Unless of course, the members in question actually cast their vote before the poll closes.

Otherwise, I think their "proxy" vote should be voided.
    Agreed
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I understand your point but disagree. The new person explicitly asked if they can vote and since they're new they may not be aware of how that even works and you have to actually vote at the top, not by commenting. But this should be open to everyone. And the second newbie wasn't an explicit vote, so with that I would agree agree. I am still hopeful more votes are out there, however, to make this definitive.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BC FTW!!! IMHO...hehe
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

the princess bride!

Along the Path of the Beam Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about

~ Princess bride all the way ~

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

bah gawd what a race!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I understand your point but disagree. The new person explicitly asked if they can vote and since they're new they may not be aware of how that even works and you have to actually vote at the top, not by commenting. But this should be open to everyone. And the second newbie wasn't an explicit vote, so with that I would agree agree. I am still hopeful more votes are out there, however, to make this definitive.
    I quite agree, and thanks again for all you do with this. To quote my father, who ran our family fantasy football league until his passing, "My League, My Rules!" I support whatever you decide.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Went with Princess Bride. I love BC almost as much but I've seen PB more.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

If we need to state it now, I went with with BC.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The Princess Bride moves on and The Breakfast Club is eliminated.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh another damn sad panda result.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll never be able to bring myself to understand this one, but, that's why we vote.

Country
    Country Flag

This was a fun one! And it really speaks to how movies affect people differently.
    What they grew up being influenced by... crazy!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I honestly thought The Breakfast Club could go all the way...

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    What they grew up being influenced by... crazy!
    Not always movies. Sometimes chemicals.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I honestly thought The Breakfast Club could go all the way...
    I was thinking final four, along with Die Hard, Raiders, and Back to the Future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast