Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Denis Villeneuve's Dune

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Siskel and Ebert reviewed thousands of films. I'm sure many were adapted from books. I doubt they were familiar with the source material before evaluating the film. They were film critics. They were giving their opinion on the quality of the film. Knowledge of the source material is 100% not required.
    I hear you and don't disagree but, you have to admit she does, in this video anyway, come off like a complete idiot. Ideally, I would think you'd do a little basic research before hand or, maybe she just should have skipped the trailer and waited to view the entire film before offering a critique or breakdown. Of course, its just my opinion on this one video.

Also, FWIW, I don't recall, Siskel & Ebert ever breaking down a trailer like this in the day. I may be wrong just don't remember one.
    Oh, I have no idea. I never watch her videos. She annoys the shit out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    A friend of a friend got to view Dune. I chatted with him briefly... he said it might be his favourite movie of all time. He stated that it will fall among the greatest SciFi of all time without a doubt and that the movie blew by (its long) and left dying for more.... Talking with him made me even more exited to see this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How did he or she get to see it?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Siskel and Ebert reviewed thousands of films. I'm sure many were adapted from books. I doubt they were familiar with the source material before evaluating the film. They were film critics. They were giving their opinion on the quality of the film. Knowledge of the source material is 100% not required.
    I hear you and don't disagree but, you have to admit she does, in this video anyway, come off like a complete idiot. Ideally, I would think you'd do a little basic research before hand or, maybe she just should have skipped the trailer and waited to view the entire film before offering a critique or breakdown. Of course, its just my opinion on this one video.

Also, FWIW, I don't recall, Siskel & Ebert ever breaking down a trailer like this in the day. I may be wrong just don't remember one.
    Oh, I have no idea. I never watch her videos. She annoys the shit out of me.

A friend of a friend got to view Dune. I chatted with him briefly... he said it might be his favourite movie of all time. He stated that it will fall among the greatest SciFi of all time without a doubt and that the movie blew by (its long) and left dying for more.... Talking with him made me even more exited to see this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How did her or she get to see it?
    I asked that very question and all he would say was that he wouldn’t say. But was very adamant that this is a BIG deal movie wise. I tend to believe him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no doubt. I feel it's going to be the kind of movie that really has an impact on people.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have no doubt. I feel it's going to be the kind of movie that really has an impact on people.
    He said this is one that you will go to the theatre more than once to see. I said Stars Like and he said maybe not like that but Matrix like. That was enough for me
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

This is only one movie that will become part of a series correct?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    This got me super excited. Then I open Google And the first one I see is how it’s a massive disappointment! I hope it stays up on Rotten… 82% now
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This got me super excited. Then I open Google And the first one I see is how it’s a massive disappointment! I hope it stays up on Rotten… 82% now
    Looking very much towards this film as well, Kris!!! I'm encouraged. Haven't seen any bad press myself yet. Wonderful source material for sure
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stunning! Best Score Oscar guaranteed?

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw Dune (in 3D) yesterday - absolutely loved it.
    Will be back next week - but will attend the 2D version. The 3D glasses made an already dark movie even darker yet.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

They still release 3D movies?

Country
    Country Flag

They still release 3D movies?
    Its 100% coming back. The last 3 I seen were 3D!!!! Ten Rings was amazing in 3D~
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah honestly I completely forgot about 3D as well...

@frik - what was your favorite aspect of the film? without getting into spoiler territory, of course...

Country
    Country Flag

This feels appropriate to post here. If y'all haven't seen all of DV's films, you really should. His first films are especially interesting because of how his style evolved. One of my favorites of his to this day is still 2009's Polytechnique.

Country
    Country Flag

This feels appropriate to post here. If y'all haven't seen all of DV's films, you really should. His first films are especially interesting because of how his style evolved. One of my favorites of his to this day is still 2009's Polytechnique.

I’m a huge fan but have not seen Polytechnic….
    It’s good eh? Worth seeing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

He's one of my favorite directors so I feel like all of his films are absolutely worth watching, but Polytechnique is one of his best, I feel. It's in the top ten for 2009 for me.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Yeah honestly I completely forgot about 3D as well...

@frik - what was your favorite aspect of the film? without getting into spoiler territory, of course...
    Will have to see it again before I can really answer this question - off the top of my head.....astonishing production design....immense sense of scale......wonderfully bombastic Zimmer soundtrack.....simply had a great time with this movie - not bored for a single second and can't wait for part 2 (fingers crossed.)

sk

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! Can't wait to see it for myself.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Denis is my boy. He's honestly my favorite working director right now. That being said, I've tried twice to get through Polytechnique and couldn't do it.

Also, the ridiculous 3D fad went extinct again about 3 years ago around here. I don't miss it for one second. Very few movies did it right. Chances are the films you are watching in 3D now are converted in post and not shot with 3D cameras. That completely defeats the purpose.

Country
    Country Flag

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Denis is my boy. He's honestly my favorite working director right now. That being said, I've tried twice to get through Polytechnique and couldn't do it.
    HAH! I want to see it (just to say I have) cant find a cheap copy on ebay.

Are August 32nd and Maelstrom obtainable?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast