Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Denis Villeneuve's Dune

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    DUNE now delayed. There is no way theatres can last through the winter with no films!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A big chain closed their locations until movies are actually being released
    Seen that but how long can they hold on? Still bills to pay being closed

Not much longer is my guess. I hope they hang on though. I really enjoy the movie theatre experience.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DUNE now delayed. There is no way theatres can last through the winter with no films!

A big chain closed their locations until movies are actually being released
    Seen that but how long can they hold on? Still bills to pay being closed

Not much longer is my guess. I hope they hang on though. I really enjoy the movie theatre experience.
    I have to agre. Not much longer and I love the movies

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A Life On Our Planet... Netflix. Moving on so many levels. I’m a HUGE David Attenbough fan. He is 93 years old and seen the world.. 20 times over. This movie is a hidden gem. I cannot say it enough... watch it. 10/10.
    Brilliant, eye opening... heart breaking and moving on many levels.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Regal Cinemas are closing all 536 theaters in the US this week
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's why I'm trying to see as many movies as I can in theaters. I went yesterday and I was the only one in the theater.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

i need to go to tenet on wed
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Pere Jere will become famous soon enough Pere Jere's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It sucks it has been delayed but it really is the right decision. I’m very worried we will never get the second movie if there are any more delays. It’s a shame WB didn’t have enough faith in Denis and the source material to just film both films at once. With every passing year I become more grateful over how The Lord of the Rings came to be. Truly a bold move by New Line Cinema at the time.
    Currently looking for:
    ‘salem’s Lot (Illustrated), F/F

Future wishlist:
    Gunslinger, Grant 2nd, F/F
    DT II-IV, Grant 1st, F/F

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I was expecting a delay but damn... a whole freaking year!?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

When Tenet was realeased, I thought that it would open the flood gates for more films. The studios thought the same thing.

Unfortuantely, as great as Tenet is, the film is a high-concept Sci-fi film with no real star power. I felt from day one that it was going to be a hard sell to get people in the seats. That coupled with the fact that many major markets like LA and NY haven't opened theaters are the reason we are where we are.

Make no mistake, if a film like Wonder Woman came out, people would go see it. Maybe not in the pre-COVID numbers, but better than what we saw from Tenet.

At this point, we have to be patient again. 2020 will forever be known as the year that never was for film.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    When Tenet was realeased, I thought that it would open the flood gates for more films. The studios thought the same thing.

Unfortuantely, as great as Tenet is, the film is a high-concept Sci-fi film with no real star power. I felt from day one that it was going to be a hard sell to get people in the seats. That coupled with the fact that many major markets like LA and NY haven't opened theaters are the reason we are where we are.

Make no mistake, if a film like Wonder Woman came out, people would go see it. Maybe not in the pre-COVID numbers, but better than what we saw from Tenet.

At this point, we have to be patient again. 2020 will forever be known as the year that never was for film.
    Yep.
    This.

I totally agree. I think Tenet would have done much better but any film would have. Our theatres in North America will fold if films don’t come back sooner rather than later.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2020 will forever be known as the year that never was for film.
    I wouldn't go that far. There are plenty of smaller movies coming out on streaming all the time. Never Rarely Sometimes Always just dropped on HBO Max.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    2020 will forever be known as the year that never was for film.
    I wouldn't go that far. There are plenty of smaller movies coming out on streaming all the time. Never Rarely Sometimes Always just dropped on HBO Max.
    I guess I mean the blockbuster. There have been quite a few streaming films I have enjoyed. I loved Palm Springs (more than most) and The Devil All the Time were two of my favorites. As far as big-budget studio films, there's yet to be anything significant released for streaming.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm fine with that. We can all use a little breather from the blockbusters. I hope the Oscars don't cave and cancel but honor the great but lesser-seen gems that have been coming out all year on on streaming and VOD, as well as some theaters.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm fine with that. We can all use a little breather from the blockbusters. I hope the Oscars don't cave and cancel but honor the great but lesser-seen gems that have been coming out all year on on streaming and VOD, as well as some theaters.
    Hmmm, I'm not seeing the gems, Mae. I added my top 10 list of the year so far in the General Movie thread. I'd love to see what kind of stuff you're finding.

I'm hoping it's more than The Vast of Night. Films like Da 5 Bloods, I'm Thinking of Ending Things and Greyhound were all duds for me.

It's not just the big blockbusters we aren't getting, it's the smaller Oscar-bait films that are getting pushed too.

Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm, I'm not seeing the gems, Mae. I added my top 10 list of the year so far in the General Movie thread. I'd love to see what kind of stuff you're finding.

I'm hoping it's more than The Vast of Night. Films like Da 5 Bloods, I'm Thinking of Ending Things and Greyhound were all duds for me.

It's not just the big blockbusters we aren't getting, it's the smaller Oscar-bait films that are getting pushed too.
    No gems for me either.. I could not even do a top 10~
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/d...os-1234851270/
    I learned in the news that Warner Bros. has decided to release “Dune” on HBO Max at the same time as our theatrical release, using prominent images from our movie to promote their streaming service. With this decision AT&T has hijacked one of the most respectable and important studios in film history. There is absolutely no love for cinema, nor for the audience here. It is all about the survival of a telecom mammoth, one that is currently bearing an astronomical debt of more than $150 billion. Therefore, even though “Dune” is about cinema and audiences, AT&T is about its own survival on Wall Street. With HBO Max’s launch a failure thus far, AT&T decided to sacrifice Warner Bros.’ entire 2021 slate in a desperate attempt to grab the audience’s attention.

Warner Bros.’ sudden reversal from being a legacy home for filmmakers to the new era of complete disregard draws a clear line for me. Filmmaking is a collaboration, reliant on the mutual trust of team work and Warner Bros. has declared they are no longer on the same team.

Streaming services are a positive and powerful addition to the movie and TV ecosystems. But I want the audience to understand that streaming alone can’t sustain the film industry as we knew it before COVID. Streaming can produce great content, but not movies of “Dune’s” scope and scale. Warner Bros.’ decision means “Dune” won’t have the chance to perform financially in order to be viable and piracy will ultimately triumph. Warner Bros. might just have killed the “Dune” franchise. This one is for the fans. AT&T’s John Stankey said that the streaming horse left the barn. In truth, the horse left the barn for the slaughterhouse.

Public safety comes first. Nobody argues with that. Which is why when it became apparent the winter would bring a second wave of the pandemic, I understood and supported the decision to delay “Dune’s” opening by almost a year. The plan was that “Dune” would open in theaters in October 2021, when vaccinations will be advanced and, hopefully, the virus behind us. Science tells us that everything should be back to a new normal next fall.

“Dune” is by far the best movie I’ve ever made. My team and I devoted more than three years of our lives to make it a unique big screen experience. Our movie’s image and sound were meticulously designed to be seen in theaters.

I’m speaking on my own behalf, though I stand in solidarity with the sixteen other filmmakers who now face the same fate. Please know I am with you and that together we are strong. The artists are the ones who create movies and series.

I strongly believe the future of cinema will be on the big screen, no matter what any Wall Street dilettante says. Since the dawn of time, humans have deeply needed communal storytelling experiences. Cinema on the big screen is more than a business, it is an art form that brings people together, celebrating humanity, enhancing our empathy for one another — it’s one of the very last artistic, in-person collective experiences we share as human beings.

Once the pandemic is over, theaters will be filled again with film lovers.

That is my strong belief. Not because the movie industry needs it, but because we humans need cinema, as a collective experience.

So, just as I have both a fiduciary and creative responsibility to fulfill as the filmmaker, I call on AT&T to act swiftly with the same responsibility, respect and regard to protect this vital cultural medium. Economic impact to stakeholders is only one aspect of corporate social responsibility. Finding ways to enhance culture is another. The moviegoing experience is like no other. In those darkened theaters films capture our history, educate us, fuel our imagination and lift and inspire our collective spirit. It is our legacy.

Long live theatrical cinema!

— Denis Villeneuve

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

that is a great take...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking at the trailer, I don't see anything mind shattering over the original film other than some FX and a bigger worm. I'll still watch it, but my expectations aren't tremendously high.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Looking at the trailer, I don't see anything mind shattering over the original film other than some FX and a bigger worm. I'll still watch it, but my expectations aren't tremendously high.
    And Denis Villeneuve.

People will come back to the theater just like they will come back to the stadiums to watch football and baseball. It's still the best way to watch a film, I don't care how great your home setup is. There's something about going to a place to watch a movie. There are less distractions (for the most part) and it becomes more of an event.

I'm lucky enough to still be going to theaters. It's been weeks since I saw a movie with someone else in the theater. Unfortunately, they aren't allowing food, which is hard for me because popcorn is a large part of the experience for me.

Country
    Country Flag

And Denis Villeneuve.

People will come back to the theater just like they will come back to the stadiums to watch football and baseball. It's still the best way to watch a film, I don't care how great your home setup is. There's something about going to a place to watch a movie. There are less distractions (for the most part) and it becomes more of an event.

I'm lucky enough to still be going to theaters. It's been weeks since I saw a movie with someone else in the theater. Unfortunately, they aren't allowing food, which is hard for me because popcorn is a large part of the experience for me.
    I had a $28K theatre at my last home. I STILL went out to new movies. People will come back. It is still the best way to watch a film... for sure
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't care how good anyone's home setup is, it's not a substitute for the real thing. Watching a film in theaters will always be the way to experience a film.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And Denis Villeneuve.

I had a $28K theatre at my last home. I STILL went out to new movies. People will come back. It is still the best way to watch a film... for sure
    Well, that's $28K you could have spent better!!! lol

That's like "Look at me, I bought a $250K Maserati but, I drive my volkswagon everywhere I go"!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

I got this negative rep for saying how much I love the theatre: "Despite hosting a toy drive for your wife’s company, you are the most pretentious ass that TDT or Facebook has ever seen!" I am sorry you feel that way. I host the toy drive and not for my wife's company. It really has nothing to do with her company. We use the company van to move the toys. I love Xmas and there are many that need help and well I like to help people that are in need and if that makes me a POS well there ya go Whoever left this... I feel sad for you and am sorry your life is marred by such hate and discorn. I do however wish you have a good holidays whoever you are. And I mean that. Kris
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Kris,

That sure seems like a harsh thing to say annonymously to a person. If it makes any difference, I think you are a nice, generous person.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast