Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Denis Villeneuve's Dune

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The trailer for part two looks excellent. I hope it's as good as the first one, and really hope that they continue with the series into Dune Messiah.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    The trailer for part two looks excellent. I hope it's as good as the first one, and really hope that they continue with the series into Dune Messiah.
    Agree with all

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That looks freaking amazing. The visuals are just insane. Is Denis V. the premiere sci-fi director of our generation? I can't think of anyone else that comes close.

The score is fantastic too, such an underrated component of the craft.

Can't wait for November! I hardly splash cash for premium IMAX formats these days, but for this one I'm going all out.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

The director said that trilogy would be Dune, Dune part 2, and Dune Messiah. He said that wraps up the Paul story well he has no desire to move on beyond that. I did read
    some articles that they may try and continue with more books, but I don't know what exactly they are thinking about doing. I just hope that two books in three movies can
    be wrapped up with a real ending and not with a cliffhanger. But the trailer does look awesome.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’m sure Denis wants to do things other than Dune, so he could produce subsequent sequels but I do hope they do all the books.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

A Dune trilogy would be aces. Admittedly I've never read Dune Messiah, but if DV is involved again I'm sure it'll be awesome.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    A Dune trilogy would be aces. Admittedly I've never read Dune Messiah, but if DV is involved again I'm sure it'll be awesome.
    Messiah is brilliant, as are the two that follow, Children of Dune and God Emperor of Dune. After that, I kinda lost my interest.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I tried to read Dune, got pretty far, but it did become tough. I might try again. Can they do a full complete story with using only two books and 3 movies? Can it be wrapped up
    like that to a final ending that does not leave you hanging? I heard yes, because that is basically Paul's story. Is that correct about it being Paul's story?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, three would work, as Dune Messiah clocks in at roughly half as many pages as Dune itself. The next book, Children of Dune, is just that, about Paul's children. God Emperor of Dune wraps up the tale of the children as well. Again, for me. beyond book four become tough chores.

My Mood
    Cool

Yes, three would work, as Dune Messiah clocks in at roughly half as many pages as Dune itself. The next book, Children of Dune, is just that, about Paul's children. God Emperor of Dune wraps up the tale of the children as well. Again, for me. beyond book four become tough chores.
    Thanks. As long as I am not left hanging with and.... what's next.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Dune Part 2 looks sooooo...good!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I CANT WAIT.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/d...es-1235703991/
    “Dune: Part Two” has been delayed to 2024.

The story of Paul Atreides, played by Timothée Chalamet, will be continued on March 15.

Warner Bros. made the announcement Thursday after Variety exclusively reported last month that the company was eyeing a 2024 date for the sci-fi tentpole. Legendary Entertainment co-produced “Dune: Part Two” with Warner Bros. Film Group, and both parties had to agree on a new release date.

As part of the shift, “Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire” — which was previously dated for March 14 — is getting pushed back one month to April 12. The film is also produced by Legendary and Warner Bros. and is the latest entry in the Monsterverse franchise.

The “Dune” delay comes as the WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes continue to drag on. Due to the SAG-AFTRA strike, actors may not do press for any struck films, which would have meant the star-studded “Dune” cast would not have been on the press circuit for the big-budget film.

The date change is not expected to have a material impact on IMAX, who has fall product in titles like “The Equalizer 3,” “Wonka” and “The Marvels” (assuming none of those titles move on the calendar, as well). Both WB and Legendary are confident that next year’s spring break for students and the Easter holiday will provide runway for both titles to succeed.

In addition to Chalamet, the “Dune: Part Two” cast includes Zendaya, Austin Butler, Florence Pugh, Rebecca Ferguson, Javier Bardem Dave Bautista, Christopher Walken, Lea Seydoux and more.

As Variety reported last month, Warner Bros. was also assessing possible delays to 2024 for “The Color Purple” (Dec. 25) and “Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom” (Dec. 20), but the studio currently plans to retain December dates for both titles.

Sony is the only other major studio to delay several of its movies amid the strikes; last month the company pushed back “Kraven the Hunter” and a “Ghostbusters: Afterlife” sequel to 2024, in addition to removing “Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse” from the release calendar. And “Dune: Part Two” isn’t the only Zendaya-starring movie to get delayed; MGM’s “Challengers,” a tennis drama starring Zendaya, Mike Faist and Josh O’Connor, also moved to next year.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Had a feeling this was gonna happen. Its all good, Mar 15 will be here sooner than we think.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I CANT WAIT.
    Ahhh, now you will have to.

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/...iah-exclusive/

From the beginning, Denis Villeneuve’s plan for Dune was to adapt Frank Herbert’s original tome as an epic two-part movie experience. And thankfully, given the success of Dune back in 2021, he got the green light to complete his adaptation with this year’s Dune: Part Two. So far, so good. But as Dune completists know, the story doesn’t end there. Herbert continued the story of Arrakis in a series of subsequent novels, before his son Brian took over to continue it even further – and if Part Two performs well too, Villeneuve might not be done with the sand (or the sandworms) quite yet.

Rumours have swirled that Villeneuve could be eyeing up more Dune for the big screen – and, as he tells Empire in our world-exclusive Dune: Part Two cover story, that is indeed the case. “If I succeed in making a trilogy, that would be the dream,” he says. Part Three, then, would consist of Dune Messiah, Herbert’s direct follow-up to Dune. “Dune Messiah was written in reaction to the fact that people perceived Paul Atreides as a hero,” Villeneuve explains. “Which is not what he wanted to do. My adaptation [of Dune] is closer to his idea that it’s actually a warning.” If it does happen, the Messiah-spanning Dune: Part Three would mark the end of Villeneuve’s time on Arrakis. “After that the books become more… esoteric,” he says.

And while any future Dune sequels once again hinge on the box office results of Part Two, Villeneuve’s plans for Part Three aren’t just nebulous thoughts. “I will say, there are words on paper,” he teases. Fingers crossed, there will eventually be images on a screen too.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I've Wiki'd a summary of the latter books beyond Book 3 and let's just say there's some... interesting narrative choices lol.

I'd love for him to at least do Messiah tho.

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For those who liked David Lynch’s adaptation of Dune, this book sounds really interesting;

https://screenrant.com/masterpiece-i...rpt-exclusive/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Masterpiece...48221292&psc=1

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Dune Messiah is a natural stopping point for a trilogy, and it’s good that Villeneuve is planting seeds and setting the tone for that conclusion to the narrative. The next book, Children of Dune, although concluding the book trilogy, really starts a new narrative involving Paul’s children.

After Messiah the next stopping point is really the end of book 4, God Emperor of Dune, but there are a lot of pages and narrative years between books 2 and 4. You could do a second trilogy covering that material, though.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thanks for the heads-up on that book, I ordered a copy.
    I'm a big David Lynch fan, and so I needed one.
    (Except for INLAND EMPIRE, of course)
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks cool. I like the DV's Dune films because they have the substance Blade Runner 2049 lacked, which at times just felt like 3 hours of conceptional art and slim pickings on the rest.

Also can I take a small break from Timothy Chamalet after this. Can't go 2 days without seeing this dude on my feeds.

Country
    Country Flag

Got my tickets for the IMAX fan screening on 2/25:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast