+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Denis Villeneuve's Dune

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

Currently employed by the T.V.A. in a deep cover capacity at an undislosed High Priority Time.
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!!

They cheated their way to a couple of League Championships & a World Series!!!!

Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

28 in 21!!!!

Regular human bartender Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Siskel and Ebert reviewed thousands of films. I'm sure many were adapted from books. I doubt they were familiar with the source material before evaluating the film. They were film critics. They were giving their opinion on the quality of the film. Knowledge of the source material is 100% not required.
    I hear you and don't disagree but, you have to admit she does, in this video anyway, come off like a complete idiot. Ideally, I would think you'd do a little basic research before hand or, maybe she just should have skipped the trailer and waited to view the entire film before offering a critique or breakdown. Of course, its just my opinion on this one video.

Also, FWIW, I don't recall, Siskel & Ebert ever breaking down a trailer like this in the day. I may be wrong just don't remember one.
    Oh, I have no idea. I never watch her videos. She annoys the shit out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    A friend of a friend got to view Dune. I chatted with him briefly... he said it might be his favourite movie of all time. He stated that it will fall among the greatest SciFi of all time without a doubt and that the movie blew by (its long) and left dying for more.... Talking with him made me even more exited to see this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How did he or she get to see it?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Siskel and Ebert reviewed thousands of films. I'm sure many were adapted from books. I doubt they were familiar with the source material before evaluating the film. They were film critics. They were giving their opinion on the quality of the film. Knowledge of the source material is 100% not required.
    I hear you and don't disagree but, you have to admit she does, in this video anyway, come off like a complete idiot. Ideally, I would think you'd do a little basic research before hand or, maybe she just should have skipped the trailer and waited to view the entire film before offering a critique or breakdown. Of course, its just my opinion on this one video.

Also, FWIW, I don't recall, Siskel & Ebert ever breaking down a trailer like this in the day. I may be wrong just don't remember one.
    Oh, I have no idea. I never watch her videos. She annoys the shit out of me.

A friend of a friend got to view Dune. I chatted with him briefly... he said it might be his favourite movie of all time. He stated that it will fall among the greatest SciFi of all time without a doubt and that the movie blew by (its long) and left dying for more.... Talking with him made me even more exited to see this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How did her or she get to see it?
    I asked that very question and all he would say was that he wouldn’t say. But was very adamant that this is a BIG deal movie wise. I tend to believe him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Regular human bartender Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant has a brilliant future Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no doubt. I feel it's going to be the kind of movie that really has an impact on people.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000 is loved by dogs and cats webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have no doubt. I feel it's going to be the kind of movie that really has an impact on people.
    He said this is one that you will go to the theatre more than once to see. I said Stars Like and he said maybe not like that but Matrix like. That was enough for me
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi MikeDuke has a brilliant future MikeDuke has a brilliant future MikeDuke has a brilliant future MikeDuke has a brilliant future MikeDuke has a brilliant future MikeDuke has a brilliant future MikeDuke has a brilliant future MikeDuke has a brilliant future MikeDuke has a brilliant future MikeDuke has a brilliant future MikeDuke has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Sad

This is only one movie that will become part of a series correct?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

Currently employed by the T.V.A. in a deep cover capacity at an undislosed High Priority Time.
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 21!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    This got me super excited. Then I open Google And the first one I see is how it’s a massive disappointment! I hope it stays up on Rotten… 82% now
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This got me super excited. Then I open Google And the first one I see is how it’s a massive disappointment! I hope it stays up on Rotten… 82% now
    Looking very much towards this film as well, Kris!!! I'm encouraged. Haven't seen any bad press myself yet. Wonderful source material for sure

28 in 21!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stunning! Best Score Oscar guaranteed?

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Weedeater frik is a name known to all frik is a name known to all frik is a name known to all frik is a name known to all frik is a name known to all frik is a name known to all frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw Dune (in 3D) yesterday - absolutely loved it.
    Will be back next week - but will attend the 2D version. The 3D glasses made an already dark movie even darker yet.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

They still release 3D movies?

Country
    Country Flag

They still release 3D movies?
    Its 100% coming back. The last 3 I seen were 3D!!!! Ten Rings was amazing in 3D~
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Loki fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah honestly I completely forgot about 3D as well...

@frik - what was your favorite aspect of the film? without getting into spoiler territory, of course...
    What did you expect?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7