Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Denis Villeneuve's Dune

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Kris,

That sure seems like a harsh thing to say annonymously to a person. If it makes any difference, I think you are a nice, generous person.
    Thanks.
    Prettt shitty thing to say to someone that tries to help people day in and day out. And then brings up my charity’s work like that? I feel bad for them. I really do. Love ya buddy.. thanks for the kind words my brother
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I have to agree. I think it's great that you can help people the way you do. And what does having a HT have to with anything. I have a small one, but it sounds and looks great. It's in a small room so I make due with what I have.
    But I don't think you deserve that neg rep at all. You have been more then nice to me in answering questions when I had them.
    Anyway, enough of a distraction. Back to Dune talk.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

For the record, it was not I who posted that Rep and feel free to have, Jerome confirm it. That wasn't very cool. You all know how I feel about charity work. Anybody helping those in need is doing right in my book.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

FWIW, Kris, I think your charity work is great and I heart you, despite being a pretentious ass

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    FWIW, Kris, I think your charity work is great and I heart you, despite being a pretentious ass
    Aw, Ferny, we don’t think you’re a pretentious ass. Don’t be so hard on yourself.

Pointing vaguely in direction of the topic: I have never read Dune.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Aw, Ferny, we don’t think you’re a pretentious ass. Don’t be so hard on yourself.
    Lmao, shut cho ass up!! It's good to see on the boards again broski.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, I don't see why the dual release is such a huge fucking issue. They are still releasing the films at theaters. It can't really fuck with the Directors revenue can it? I mean they still get their contractual piece and if it did, Warner would be spending A LOT of time in court. I mean it gives people a choice and is especially good for movie goers at this time of a pandemic. I'm running out of shit to watch!!! lol

I too, prefer to see the big budget films in the theater, but if others feel differently they should have the choice. If you're a film buff and appreciate all the finer points of film in theaters then by all means GO TO THE THEATER and watch it!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Pointing vaguely in direction of the topic: I have never read Dune.
    Blasphemy!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Video is unavailable, Mae. The first one was not bad. I don't agree with all her points, but some of them are spot on. Thanks for posting. I'm looking forward to this version of the book.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

It was a report saying Dune will not be going to HBO Max, but apparently that's not true. Not sure...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Everthing I've heard so far says, HBO-MAX in theaters and streaming in, October. Of course, who knows, right? lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking good!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My most anticipated movie this year!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And last year too!
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    And last year too!
    Ok me too but Come in guys.. more so than Neo’s return?!?!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

There are 4 main Dune books right? Are they just going to make a series of all of them, or just adapt the first book of Dune.
    And yes Kris, I am hopeful that The Matrix 4 is a good one, even though I am still trying to figure out what it will be about
    since Revolutions really did wrap it up, except for the very last scene with the Oracle, and the Architect.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    And last year too!
    Much more than Neo's return - sorry.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    And last year too!
    I loved Denis’s work. But none of his movies are my all time favorites. The matrix is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And last year too!
    I loved Denis’s work. But none of his movies are my all time favorites. The matrix is

Yeah, you don't want me to finish that "Matrix is..." statement. I loved the first one, but then the next two didn't impress me so much. Sorry.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And last year too!

I gotta say, I'm with ya 100% on this one!!! And I absolutely loved the original books (I believe I read like 4.5 of the novels). To be fair, it is by no means an easily adapted book for the big screen regardless of the director. The trailers paint a pretty nice picture and I am looking forward to viewing it. I'm also pumped to see what they cooked up for The Matrix IV!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And last year too!
    Well... yeah. Do you not remember Reloaded and Revolutions? We have zero evidence that another Matrix film will come anywhere close to the original. As for Dune, Villeneuve is simply one of the greatest filmmakers working right now.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast