Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Holy Wow - 600 Volume / $1.25M Collection for Sale

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Holy Wow - 600 Volume / $1.25M Collection for Sale

Aside from the titles, look at the quantities; not one, not two, but three Lettered Regulators ... two lettered Gunslingers ... three DT complete sets (1 matching, 2 non-matching) ... two lettered Green Mile ... couple of Misery protoypes ... Salem's Lot Roman Numerals, both red and black ... and much, much more. Wow.

https://www.veryfinebooks.com/Stephe...y_p/76-170.htm
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Incredible, and gorgeous. Jaw dropping. Stunning.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Edited. Just read the “respect owners privacy” bit.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    ****’s I think?
    I would guess. The rotary land line phone is a hint.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

do they take venmo

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Yea, that's quite the collection. If only in a dream.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

My birthday's coming up in four or five months. (hint, hint)
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Edited. Just read the “respect owners privacy”
    Yeah, there's one obvious bit of data in the listing that you can bump against a thread here and deduce the owner pretty quickly, but I didn't name him for same reason.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    ****’s I think?
    I would guess. The rotary land line phone is a hint.
    WOW!!! Now why would he be selling? Never said anything even suggesting it here that I've seen......................................

Whomever it actually is that is some serious cash!!! i wonder what he'll take though.............................. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this old news? This collection has been for sale for a while, hasn't it? I remember it being discussed extensively on this board.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this old news? This collection has been for sale for a while, hasn't it? I remember it being discussed extensively on this board.
    Alec mentioned it back in November. I am not outing him, as he already outed himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    To save further speculation, I feel it time to state that the collection offered through Very Fine Books is indeed mine.

It was put onto the market anonymously with the view that anyone interested in purchasing would not particularly want the itemised collection spread far and wide. Obviously there are far more reasons than just the privacy factor of a possible purchaser. The collection was advertised through Very Fine Books and through Lilja's Facebook site and it was a forgone conclusion that it would end up being per used by members of The Dark Tower.

It is most likely that the collection (if it sells) will be to a bibliophile who wants to acquire a reasonably complete collection with many rare books. It is highly unlikely that a Stephen King collector would be interested, due to the fact that they would be duplicating on many items. Finding that one particular person requires an enormous amount of optimism, however if there is no buyer at the conclusion then the collection will remain where it is. It will not be split up.

I did not elect to choose Betts Books for this exercise, as David is solely King based and as I have stated earlier I do not believe that is where an interested party would be found. Very Fine Books has received three expressions of interest with the refundable deposit clause, none of them King collectors. Emmanuel does tend towards a global market with the benefit of having clientele who collect from a myriad of authors.

One of the very few reasons that has brought about this post, is the speculation that one of our exceptional collectors has been mentioned as the possible seller. It is not in my remit to allow this to happen and thereby you all have a clear picture of the circumstances.

No single items will be sold from the collection as that is not my intention.

I am duty bound to announce that there are several items in my collection (that have not been posted on my thread) that I have promised to offer back to the people I purchased from. Let me reassure those people that everything stated still holds good.

I hope this has gone part way to explaining the emergence of this sale and the fact that if it sells, so be it. If it does not, I am still actively acquiring King books and will continue to do so. I have always had an inquisitive approach to collecting, this is just one of those things to be tested.

I sincerely hope that the initial anonymity has not caused offence to anyone here.

Kindest regards
    Alec.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I doubt anybody here would be offended; my only response to this collection is !!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    I doubt anybody here would be offended; my only response to this collection is !!!
    AMEN to that sentiment!!!

Hey, Alec $1.25M, huh? But what'll you take????

I suppose I better get busy digging up those coffee cans in the yard. Anyone have a line on a used counting machine? That's gonna be a shitload of 5 & 10$ bills!!! Crapload of holes as well!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, it's still Alec's collection. The pictures are definitely showing it.
    If I remember correctly, he said last year that he wanted to sell the entire collection, not individual books, and he wasn't in a rush to do so.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Well, it's still Alec's collection. The pictures are definitely showing it.
    If I remember correctly, he said last year that he wanted to sell the entire collection, not individual books, and he wasn't in a rush to do so.
    Really? No shit? He stated that above did he? lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Old old news....Emmanuel at Very Fine was charging several thousand just to see the list....

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Old old news....Emmanuel at Very Fine was charging several thousand just to see the list....
    I received it in today's e-mail blast from Very Fine, first I've ever heard of it so for me it was a stunner.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've sold him a few nice rare items over the years-absolute GREAT guy to deal with and talk to!!

Traveler kissmyasterick is on a distinguished road

This person has a chance to share their awesome king collection and they choose to sell it as a whole to one super rich person. This isn't a knock on the super rich person. But CMONNNN. Be nice for many collectors to get a piece. Even if u make 100k a year u can't afford to buy this. Not really gonna follow it anymore. Whats the point.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kissmyasterick View Post
    This person has a chance to share their awesome king collection and they choose to sell it as a whole to one super rich person. This isn't a knock on the super rich person. But CMONNNN. Be nice for many collectors to get a piece. Even if u make 100k a year u can't afford to buy this. Not really gonna follow it anymore. Whats the point.
    I would do the same. Who wants to sell something that massive one by one? And yes... it is a knock by you.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

This isn’t for people who make 100k a year. This is for the elite of the elite.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

In my mind, I am a member of that organization.
    Just ask me, I'll tell you.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I would do the same. Who wants to sell something that massive one by one? And yes... it is a knock by you.
    No doubt would I—like many of us—want a piece of this extraordinary collection, but if I had invested decades to amass what is, arguably, one of the finest and most complete Stephen King collections in the world, you bet your ass I'd only let all of it go for the right price. A one-of-a-kind collection should have a one-of-a-kind buyer.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you to all the like minded people who have commented above, it is a pleasure to be amongst collectors who respect and understand how we all see things in a slightly different way.
    The crazy thing is I am still adding to the collection, just cannot help it!
    Old habits die hard.
    Kindest regards.
    Alec.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wish I knew the numbers of the gunslinger s/l - my number doesn't match the rest of my under 500 set...at least then I would know if it matched my set - I could stop looking; hopefully whomever buys it might sell a couple...
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast