Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Holy Wow - 600 Volume / $1.25M Collection for Sale

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

I will check for you to see if Signed Limited 344 is there.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    I will check for you to see if Signed Limited 344 is there.
    Thanks Alec - much appreciated
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Good morning Cit74 (Apologies I am not familiar with your name).
    As promised the list of Them Gunslinger’

Nos. 78. 109. 140. 294. 363. 408.

Lettered. AB. AE.

Sorry that the news was not what you wanted to hear.
    Stay safe.
    Alec.

A few members have enquired regarding the numbered ‘Game of Thrones’ published by Meisha Merlin that I acquired.

Nos. 141. 396. 435.

As an aside I think this is a terrific production. They seem to have managed to blend every part of the book, dust jacket and slip case into a collectible that exudes quality and balance. Delightful.

Apologies for my previous post (Them Gunslinger). Good grief!!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lettered. AB. AE.

Stay safe.
    Alec.
    Thanks for checking - and it’s Chad 😷. The hunt continues…oh and if you have 6 s/l gunslingers I think you can refer to “them” any way you like
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

It's "them thar gunslingers", pardner, and don'tcha fergit it none boy, neither!

Patoooi ----ding!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Lettered. AB. AE.

Stay safe.
    Alec.
    Thanks for sharing - this keeps my hopes alive!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you to all the like minded people who have commented above, it is a pleasure to be amongst collectors who respect and understand how we all see things in a slightly different way.
    The crazy thing is I am still adding to the collection, just cannot help it!
    Old habits die hard.
    Kindest regards.
    Alec
    I think it would be exceedingly difficult to just give up a lifetime of interest and collecting. Sell the collection? Yeah, sure, for any number of really good reasons ... but just give it up completely? Hell no!!!! Good luck with your next collection Alec, can't wait to hear about it! George
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

The next collection has already started George. Putting together a couple of Tolkien shelves (hopefully) which will predominantly be signed, not easy but I am not in a rush, exactly the same as selling the King collection, no rush.
    My collection thread has quite a few examples, with some pretty decent period signatures. I have had the good fortune to become great friends with a gentleman from Belgium who is probably one of the leading experts on Tolkien. This is extremely helpful as to determine a genuine Tolkien signature is not easy, I am getting there but it is a lovely feeling having a back up.
    Interestingly King signed more books in one day in Paris than Tolkien signed from 1937 to 1973!!
    Thank you for the interest and constructive comments.
    Alec.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I asked Alec what his favorite "less obvious" book was and he gave me permission to share part of the reply:

"I commissioned Paul (Suntup) to make me a set of the ‘Doubleday Years’. I sent him five bookplates and five books with very fine text blocks. Carrie through to The Stand".

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    I
    Me too

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    I asked Alec what his favorite "less obvious" book was and he gave me permission to share part of the reply:

"I commissioned Paul (Suntup) to make me a set of the ‘Doubleday Years’. I sent him five bookplates and five books with very fine text blocks. Carrie through to The Stand".

Beautiful! Had trouble posting pics. All good now.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

breathtaking

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Thank you David.
    As always Paul fashioned some unique design features and the whole project was a delight. I must point out that this was commissioned at the same time that Suntup were just beginning ideas on ‘Misery’ thereby he was able to squeeze them into his schedule. I fear that a request now would not be possible with the time constraints that Suntup has.
    Congratulations on your purchase of the Stephen King / Forrest J. Ackerman piece, quite the unique item. I happen to have a Carrie inscribed to Ackerman. ‘To Forrest, be well’.
    Stay safe David, especially during your trips to despatch packages on our behalf.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, wow, WOW. Just beautiful.
    I can't even begin to imagine what having a bank account like this must be like. Actually, it's nice to imagine. Lol.
    Your collection never ceases to stop us in our tracks Alec.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I need a cold shower...
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    breathtaking
    yep. Agreed.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

*sigh* I could stare at those all day. in fact, I think I might since there isn't anything else to do here.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Breathtaking, WOW, amazing...
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Yep. Pretty incredible collection. And the Tolkien stuff doesn't hurt either.

It seems somehow fitting that a percentage of Chase Ivany’s book plates should end up in the hands of Paul Suntup, engineered into a set of books that I hope do justice to the genius of King in his early years.

Thank you all for the appreciation of Paul’s work.

Thanks also to Lori (Beverly Marsh) for the sparkling emails back and forth.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It seems somehow fitting that a percentage of Chase Ivany’s book plates should end up in the hands of Paul Suntup, engineered into a set of books that I hope do justice to the genius of King in his early years.

Thank you all for the appreciation of Paul’s work.

Thanks also to Lori (Beverly Marsh) for the sparkling emails back and forth.
    A couple of those plates have made it into the first two Dragon Rebound books of mine so fitting as well to honor Pauls work there too
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

They could not have been put to better use Kris.
    First class choice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2