Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Default Curb Your Enthusiasm

I thought I would start a thread to see if anybody else is into the pure comedic genius that is Larry David's "Curb Your Enthusiasm."

I know many people know Larry as the co-creator of Seinfeld, where he worked mostly behind the scenes [except as the voice of Steinbrenner and as Frank Costanza's cape-wearing attorney], but does anybody watch CYE in which Larry plays himself as the misunderstood socially-awkward person that he is [and upon which he built the character of George Costanza]?

I think it is one of the funniest shows on television, and as it is mostly improv it shows some great wit and comedic timing from a variety of great cast members and guest stars.

Anybody else a Curb fan?

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

Yep. I'm a huge fan of this show too.

I was just watching some of the episodes from this past season. The Rat Dog one is amazing. Chris Farley's brother is eerily similar to his late bro, but funny as hell.

it's better than Seinfeld, in a lot of ways. one of them is the use of cursing. and i love Suzie for that. She always lets Larry have it.

The introduction of the Blacks was genius. Leon is my new favorite character, and I hope next season picks up where this one left off, but if it's anything like the prior season finale, they'll just leave it be and start fresh without really touching on those events.

good thread. great show.

Susie is the best - "You sick perverted bald fuck!"

I too thought the Blacks were a great addition for the season, particularly Leon.

Larry - It's ejaculate
    Leon - E-jack-u-what?

I wonder if we will see the Blacks again in season 7

Still, my fav all time character has got to be Krazee Eyes Killah.

I also agree about the similar premises working a little better than on Seinfeld. Seinfeld was a great show and one of my alltime favs, but I have to say I like Curb even better.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I love this show. I'm surprised there wasn't a thread made sooner. I just recently purchased the latest season, and just finished watching those episodes. I loved Leon, he was a great character, and I hope he's in the next season as well. Is it definate that there will be another season?

My favorite bits would have to be when Ben's driving Larry and they drop off his wife, and Larry refuses to get into the front seat because he's comfortable in back, and then the bit where Larry and Cheryl get stuck in the car wash. Both of those scenes had me laughing forever.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

it's not confirmed, but apparently larry told a ny post reporter he is considering 2-3 more seasons, so at least one seems pretty likely.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Great news, for some reason I thought I had heard that he didn't want to continue after the fifth season, but then they did end up going and making a sixth season, so I was really worried that was going to be the last one. I hope it does last for at least a couple more.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Never seen it, only on one channel here and I never really see it on. It's the kind of show I know I'll rent one day to watch.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Apprentice Lance is on a distinguished road Lance's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love this show. My favorite part is that the person Larry snubs at the beginning of the episode always comes back to screw him over at the end.
    I'm Joe Collins, bitch. Recognize!

"I don't like pot. It dulls my hatred" - Darlene Conner

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

:rose:

great show
    my fave ep. is when Larry tries to get medical marijuana for his dad
    and he picks up that hooker and takes her to a ball game
    gives his jacket to super dave to watch
    getting him busted for the herb at the airport
    heeheehee
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

that's one of my fav's as well Tamez. i esp like the part when larry's dad finally sees Moneena for what she is. "oh my god, it's a hooker!" i also like any episode where larry screws over marty funkhauser [aka super dave]

I forgot all about that episode. That was so funny with the stripper at the ballgame.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

can't wait
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

I hope everyone's watching cause Larry's definitely back. The latest episode with the "unsucked candy" bit was brilliant, I think I pulled a muscle laughing.

Love it! So glad it's back on and like the earlier seasons. That last season was horrible.

Country
    Country Flag

I had no idea it was coming back, great news!

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great news!

Larry David is a comic genuis.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

So excited, can't wait for the new season to start.

Country
    Country Flag

Looks good! Can't wait to watch it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast