Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Random King-related news

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It's simple:

- NATO is the aggressor by virtue of (*checks notes*) forming alliances in the vicinity of a country with a century-long habit of biting chunks out of Europe.

- The forming of alliances by NATO within 1,000 miles of the Russian border therefore justifies any and all action (military or otherwise) by Russia, and any and all resulting death, destruction, and seizure, occupation, or conquest of land.

- The West has failed to learn the most important lesson: if you don't want Russia to invade you, don't form relationships based on Russia's repeatedly demonstrated fondness for invasion (the West has been wearing a very short skirt for quite some time and was clearly asking for it).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

As for King (ahem), he was trying to do right by someone he thought was in a tough spot and requires no defense. Anyone can look silly when their sympathies are taken advantage of.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    It's simple:

- NATO is the aggressor by virtue of (*checks notes*) forming alliances in the vicinity of a country with a century-long habit of biting chunks out of Europe.

- The forming of alliances by NATO within 1,000 miles of the Russian border therefore justifies any and all action (military or otherwise) by Russia, and any and all resulting death, destruction, and seizure, occupation, or conquest of land.

- The West has failed to learn the most important lesson: if you don't want Russia to invade you, don't form relationships based on Russia's repeatedly demonstrated fondness for invasion (the West has been wearing a very short skirt for quite some time and was clearly asking for it).
    Russia has no right to dictate to its neighbors, be that Ukraine or Sweden, what alliances they can or cannot join. It's literally none of their business. And they especially have no right to do so by military force and annexation.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Russia has no right to dictate to its neighbors, be that Ukraine or Sweden, what alliances they can or cannot join. It's literally none of their business. And they especially have no right to do so by military force and annexation.
    Somehow this is a controversial position.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course the US is minding its own business.

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What territories since the end of WW2 has the US annexed?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hawaii comes immediately to mind.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    And they did it illegally. Hawaii has a good case for independence.

Country
    Country Flag

How does that even relate to Russia? And other countries doing bad things makes it okay for others to do bad things?

Country
    Country Flag

I will reply in the World News thread since that is where most of the Ukraine conversation has been and it's off topic for this thread.

Country
    Country Flag

And they did it illegally. Hawaii has a good case for independence.
    Thanks for the positive rep!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

…other countries doing bad things makes it okay for others to do bad things?
    Yes; an imperfect West justifies all Russian actions.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hawaii was taken over in 1898/99. I know as a stamp collector their last stamp was 1899. After that they were overprints.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wait wait. I just saw that short skirt comment.

You think a woman in a short skirt is asking to be raped?
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Wait wait. I just saw that short skirt comment.

You think a woman in a short skirt is asking to be raped?
    “Checks notes” is normally considered a pretty clear indicator of sarcasm - is anyone taking that post seriously?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I have to say, I almost admire the originality of raising Hawaii in a discussion about Russian foreign policy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Hawaii was taken over in 1898/99. I know as a stamp collector their last stamp was 1899. After that they were overprints.
    It didn't become a state until 1959 though.

Okay, a better example would be Syria. The US illegally occupies a third of Syria.

Iraq is occupied.

Hell Germany, Japan, Korea, etc. are occupied.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's simple:

Anyone remember when Russia sent missiles to Cuba? And the US reaction. Cuba is a sovereign country - right? I suppose the US has no right to dictate what our neighbors do. Ukraine is another "cause" for endless foreign war. The establishment politicians need a replacement after Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq and many others. It's an endless repeat. Find some narrative to justify the expenditure of billions. Sell it to a gullible public. Funnel billions to military contractors. Claim it is working but we need to do just a little more. Send in military advisors etc. Creeping escalation. Make no effort to settle the conflict - only escalate. Decades later pull out with nothing accomplished and everything in ruin.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: thank God the Russians have always been there to keep the Great Satan in check.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anybody think this thread will be returning to: "Random King-related news" anytime soon.. I think there's mention of him 3 or 4 pages back.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Does anybody think this thread will be returning to: "Random King-related news" anytime soon.. I think there's mention of him 3 or 4 pages back.
    I have no King news, but as one of the offenders, I'll at least try to prime the pump:

We have Fairy Tale on the horizon, but do we have clues as to what might be next, and when?

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    I have no King news, but as one of the offenders, I'll at least try to prime the pump:

We have Fairy Tale on the horizon, but do we have clues as to what might be next, and when?
    I was sorta hoping one of the DT.org members that spoke at the Comic-Con panel would have something for us !!

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WHSmith will have the usual purple cover
    > https://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/f...399715430.html

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Schedule for the "Stephen King rules" dollar baby festival

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Looks like a fun film festival; I hope there are some goodies in that batch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast