Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Random King-related news

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Random King-related news

I didnt know where to put this. Felt like it didnt fit anywhere... so why not creating a thread related to random King news?

A Maine chainsaw artist is carving a sculpture at Stephen and Tabitha King’s house
    >>> https://bangordailynews.com/2020/03/...a-kings-house/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A documentary about King's adaptations is in the works... with interviews of 25 actors / directors, including Frank Darabont!

Among the interviews should be :
    – Frank Darabont
    – Scott Hicks
    – John Harrison
    – Taylor Hackford
    – Tom Holland
    – Vincenzo Natali
    – Mick Garris
    – Mikael Hafstrom
    – Zak Hilditch
    – Jeff Beesley
    – J.P. Scott
    – André Øvredal
    – Mikael Salomon
    – Craig R. Baxley
    – Peter Askin

More details on my (french) website >>> https://club-stephenking.fr/documentaire-kingonscreen
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Back in 2017, Vincent Rush, a freelance artist, created a 20 pages comic version of "IT", with the Georgie Scene!

It's available for free on his website
    Check this out >>> https://www.vincerushart.com/#/it-fan-comic/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If you like the old TV Mini-series of The Shining, IT and Salem's Lot Amazon has a deal for all 3 in 1 DVD for $14.99 here:

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone here have the "STEPHEN KING AT THE MOVIES" by Ian Nothan book that was released back in october?

The reason I am asking is that, I've had the french version from around the same time, and although he looks like a nice book, I never had the time to actually look into it.
    BUT... the very first sentence is already bugging me : It says that "Born on september 21st in Portland, Oregon" (in french)

I would like to check if that was a translation mistake or if it was in the original book...

Country
    Country Flag

Well... another remake / new version of "Children of the corn" is being shot !

Just what we needed. More children and more corn...
    > https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...et-Sydney.html
    >> https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...s-work-1292591

Country
    Country Flag

To be released next week (2nd of june) :

"On Writing" is being re-released in a 20 year anniversary edition, with "contributions" by Joe Hill and Owen King
    - I believe that Owen's contribution is a reprint of this : https://www.newyorker.com/culture/cu...d-stephen-king
    - Joe Hill's is a transcript of his interview with his dad : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UjQPXQ7TKU

But it seem to have an updated reading list, but I wouldnt be surprised if that was the update released for the 10 year edition?

> Order link

Country
    Country Flag

The book is now out !
    Amazon Preview confirms my hypothesis about Joe and Owen, but I cant confirm nor deny the lack of update of reading lists.

Has anybody ordered it?

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

My copy arrived yesterday and it contains 4 part reading list. I don't have any other copy of this book yet but I assume the reading list for 2010-2019 is new.

Edit. It's actually 3 lists...the first part of the furthermore sections containing the lists is about editiing.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks !

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Would you be able to post a picture of the new list please?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    My copy arrived yesterday and it contains 4 part reading list. I don't have any other copy of this book yet but I assume the reading list for 2010-2019 is new.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    Thanks.

I put all three lists in my gallery because I didn't know if there any rules about posting full book page photos. The photos aren't the best because I was taking one handed pictures trying not to bend the spine.
    http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/...0&ppuser=25482

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    Thanks.

I put all three lists in my gallery because I didn't know if there any rules about posting full book page photos. The photos aren't the best because I was taking one handed pictures trying not to bend the spine.
    http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/...0&ppuser=25482

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't see this mentioned elsewhere and I'm not sure if this is the right place for it, but Barnes & Noble is releasing The Stand as one of their collectible editions: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/sta...=9780525616719

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_pyle View Post
    I didn't see this mentioned elsewhere and I'm not sure if this is the right place for it, but Barnes & Noble is releasing The Stand as one of their collectible editions: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/sta...=9780525616719

Thanks for posting that!! I ordered one cause, Oh, what the fuck right? lol Can't go wrong with "bonded leather", am I right? lol

One thing though, doesn't say whether it's the cut or uncut version. 1200 pages should be the uncut, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Thanks for posting that!! I ordered one cause, Oh, what the fuck right? lol Can't go wrong with "bonded leather", am I right? lol
    One thing though, doesn't say whether it's the cut or uncut version. 1200 pages should be the uncut, no?
    I would say definitely so. It would really surprise me if King ever allowed the cut version to come back into print.

I'll definitely grab a copy too. It's no Doubleday limited, but for the price, I just can't resist those B&N editions. Especially if they run a sale, which they seem to do pretty frequently.

Country
    Country Flag

Belfast Public Health Nursing receives $15,000 grant from Stephen, Tabitha King Foundation
    > https://www.penbaypilot.com/article/...ndation/136262

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's very nice of them.

Country
    Country Flag

"Stephen King Dollar Baby : the book", by Anthony Northrup

A book about the dollar babies will be released next month :
    In the late 1970s, Stephen King had the idea of selling his short stories for ONE DOLLAR and a contract to let young filmmakers make their own films based on his works. After King's approval, these films were only available for viewing at film festivals around the world. For the last forty-plus years and over hundreds of films made, The Dollar Baby program has made a serious impact not only on the Stephen King world, but the film industry itself.

Unfortunately, for Stephen King fans, unless you attended these film festivals, you basically would never be able to see them. In fact, most Stephen King fans have never even heard of the Dollar Baby program. Well, that's where I come in. I have been interviewing Dollar Baby filmmakers and reviewing their films for eight years. During that time, not only have I also hosted two Dollar Baby Film fests at Crypticon Horror Con in Minnesota, but I also built a trust, a bond, and a friendship with all of the Dollar Baby community.

As a major Stephen King fan, I decided it was time to pull the curtain back and show the fans just what they have been missing. In this book, readers will learn all about the Dollar Baby program, fun facts, trivia, personal stories from the fans themselves, special guests contributors, essays, Where Are They Now?, 55 exclusive interviews with the Dollar Baby filmmakers and reviews of their films, and a whole lot more! I cover every possible angle of the Dollar Baby program and it's all here to enjoy! So, sit back, relax, and get ready to go behind the exclusive curtain and prepare yourselves to enter...Stephen King Dollar Baby: The Book!
    > The hardcover
    > The paperback

Country
    Country Flag

Local students will have their manuscript published thanks to famous Maine author
    => https://www.wmtw.com/article/local-s...uthor/35434157

Country
    Country Flag

The memoirs of Hunter Biden, to be released in April, have a lengthy-ish blurb on the back

The amazon page => https://amzn.to/3tIkPTE

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't collect books with blurbs but...this one is pretty lenghty, just like a small essay.

I'll order one.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's the back view:

Country
    Country Flag

(I pay attention to blurbs because around, I would say, 2008-2011, I worked on a book dedicated to them.
    I have colllected a book of about 300 pages and tried to get an agent in order to represent it to publishers... but according to them, I need to get authors/publishers authorisation in order to reprint them and it's never going to happen :-( )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast