Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Random King-related news

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Sounds fake, but ok
    Not sure what the ultimate source of this is and I honestly hate to give them views for this, but here it is apparently:

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ank-phone-call
    Renowned horror author Stephen King appeared to praise Ukrainian Nazi collaborator and Holocaust architect Stepan Bandera as "a great man" in a released prank phone call from Russian pranksters Vovan and Lexus.

The comedic duo posted a video to Telegram in which King, an outspoken supporter of Ukraine on Twitter, appears to believe he is speaking with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. In a wide-ranging conversation, the duo seem to get King to offer "Zelensky" a part as Pennywise, the monster clown from King's It, in a new movie. They also get him to consider writing a screenplay supporting the Azov Regiment in which Russian soldiers rape an Azov commander. At one point, the author says, "I think that Russian writers need to shut up," according to the tape.

The Zelensky impostor claimed there were no Nazis in Ukraine and dismissed the Ukrainian nationalist Bandera's "crimes against Jews" as "accidental," the tape shows. He then asked what King thought of Bandera, according to the footage.

"You can always find things about people to pull them down. Washington and Jefferson were slave owners — that doesn't mean they didn't do many good things to the United States of America. There are always people who have flaws, we are humans. On the whole, I think Bandera is a great man, and you're a great man, and Viva Ukraine!" King purportedly answered.

The tape has not been verified, and King has yet to comment on the alleged phone call and video.

Stepan Bandera was the leader of the Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists, which played a leading part in the formation of the Ukrainian nationalist movement from the 1930s through the 1950s. He was also a Nazi collaborator and vehement antisemite who laid the groundwork for the Holocaust in Ukraine, as documented in author Grzegorz Rossolinski-Liebe's biography Stepan Bandera: The Life and Afterlife of a Ukrainian Nationalist: Fascism, Genocide, and Cult.

Some Ukrainians maintain that Bandera is an important hero who fought against occupying regimes for the freedom of Ukraine. A large statue dedicated to him stands in his home city of Lvov, and many streets in Western Ukraine are named after him.

Vovan and Lexus have earned international fame due to their pranks of high-level Western officials, including Prince Harry, U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), among others, according to the Verge. In recent weeks, the duo collaborated with Chechen strongman Ramzan Kadyrov to produce comedy skits showing a Zelensky actor, with his nose covered in a white powder, personally surrendering to the Chechen leader, according to Vice.
    Sounds fake, but ok
    Did you listen to the interview? It's a Zoom or Skype call with video. Not sure how you could fake that. I suppose you could change the questions. King's answers remain King's answers.

The low point was when King said that Russian authors should shut up.

I thought it was funny when King said he'd do everything he can to support Ukraine but stopped short of the idea of sending money.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nope, because there were no video in the links and it sounded like something of 30seconds made up and easily to fake nowadays

Now with the actual video it seem more reatlistic and gives it more contexte indeed

We however do not have the full context of the conversation and what was said to him to participate in the call. The video also seem slightly edited (eg the jump from 49secs to 50 secs), but havent listened to it entirely yet

But yeah, the video do not seem fake
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It’s legit in that it’s two comedians (who have been accused of state actors for the Russian government elsewhere) pranked him. They generally prank people critical of Russian government and recently they’ve been pranking US celebrities who are critical of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. They did the same thing to J.K. Rowling.

In regards to something asked elsewhere…how much money is King expected to send to Ukraine? He donates millions to charity each year so if the implication is that he’s stingy it’s not really accurate.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

King's arrogance is unreal. He doesn't even realize what a fool he made of himself.
    His advocacy for censorship is reprehensible. And imagine if someone had condemned all things Chinese in the aftermath of the pandemic in the same way King blames Russians for the war. Does he think all Russian writers support Putin? He should be deeply ashamed. His effort to stay "hep" with his Ukrainian flag and hat is downright sad. At least get a better hat.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is King blaming all Russians for the war? On the contrary, he’s said “The most disturbing thing about the Russian public's understanding of Putin's war is how little they know. He's quite successfully choked off the flow of information.” and “It's vital that the Russian people understand this is happening. It's vital to break down the wall of disinformation.”

But yes blaming the pandemic on the Chinese, stoking anti-Asian hate and using terms like “Kung flu” would be gross.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

John F. Kennedy Meldar is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Not all Russians support what is happening in Ukraine now. And Putin doesn't read King. King is read by lovers of good literature. And all these statements are very offensive to us, ordinary readers. Culture should be out of politics

Country
    Country Flag

Again, King is not indicating all Russians support Putin and has said that the public in Russia is not fully aware of what's going on.

My Collection

John F. Kennedy Meldar is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Propaganda from all sides mixes the real truth. Not everything is so clear at first glance. but banning the publication of books and shutting up Russian authors is wrong

Country
    Country Flag

What’s the real truth?

Also I think the context is important, King being pranked by two state actors and him effectively going along with the conversation. They did the same thing with Rowling and she “agreed” to replace Harry Potter’s scar with a trident.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

So King owned up to being pranked.

Actually, turned out I WAS pranked. Had no idea who this guy Bandera was. So...I'm embarrassed. But it turns out I wasn't alone. Other victims who fell for these guys include J.K. Rowling, Prince Harry, and Justin Trudeau.

As the Buddha once said: "Shit happens."
    https://twitter.com/StephenKing/stat...18187840114695
    https://twitter.com/StephenKing/stat...18355033473025

That's more or less what I expected. The state actors pretending to be Zelensky got him to praise someone he didn't know and then pushed the narrative that King is anti-Semite.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    So King owned up to being pranked.

Actually, turned out I WAS pranked. Had no idea who this guy Bandera was. So...I'm embarrassed. But it turns out I wasn't alone. Other victims who fell for these guys include J.K. Rowling, Prince Harry, and Justin Trudeau.

As the Buddha once said: "Shit happens."
    https://twitter.com/StephenKing/stat...18187840114695
    https://twitter.com/StephenKing/stat...18355033473025

That's more or less what I expected. The state actors pretending to be Zelensky got him to praise someone he didn't know and then pushed the narrative that King is anti-Semite.
    Then maybe he should stop pontificating on things he has no clue about. How gullible is this guy? Did he really think Zelensky wanted to star in IT as Pennywise? That is unreal. He must be a complete imbecile. The point of this prank seems to be to expose the ignorance of those who know nothing about the "cause." Mission accomplished.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Then maybe he should stop pontificating on things he has no clue about. How gullible is this guy? Did he really think Zelensky wanted to star in IT as Pennywise? That is unreal. He must be a complete imbecile. The point of this prank seems to be to expose the ignorance of those who know nothing about the "cause." Mission accomplished.
    I get that you hate King because of his political views but these guys have pranked other celebrities and politicians. You have a strange conversation with someone, you just go with it. King clearly thought 'Zelensky' was joking about being Pennywise, he wasn't taking that comment at least seriously. He laughs and is like "yeah, ok".

Edit: Also, you don't have to be an expert on Ukraine to not support Putin or Russia's invasion. As for the prankers' intentions, maybe do a little bit of research as to who Vovan and Lexus are and where their interests align.

My Collection

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He thought this was a private conversation, who's he pontificating to? I haven't watched the whole thing but King's responses seem mostly innocuous and generic.

Country
    Country Flag

He thought this was a private conversation, who's he pontificating to? I haven't watched the whole thing but King's responses seem mostly innocuous and generic.
    Why would King think the president of Ukraine needed to have a private conversation with him during a war? A conversation that begins with the president suggesting that he wants to play Pennywise? LOL. Not even a child is that gullible. It's a great prank that exposes King's extreme arrogance and ignorance of the subject matter. A concept that extends well beyond Ukraine. King is a mouthpiece of causes that he knows little about and couldn't care less. It's all just to a pathetic attempt of an old man to appease and stay relevant. And trying to excuse his gullibility by citing to Prince Harry and Trudeau getting pranked is rich irony. They suffer from the exact same traits - arrogance and ignorance.

Country
    Country Flag

You don't have to be an expert on Ukraine or Banderas to think that Russia invading Ukraine is bad. I get that's the purpose of the obvious state-sanctioned Russian propaganda here... "Oh, King doesn't know who Banderas is... therefore he's wrong in condemning Putin." Like what are you even expecting King to do? Do you think if King was better informed about a guy who died in 1959 he'd change his mind about Russia bombing shopping malls and shelters?

It's also pretty obvious King didn't really think Zelensky was going to play Pennywise and its disingenuous to say that he was. It's like saying Rowling was actually going to change Harry Potter's scar to the trident because she went along with it on the interview.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Joe Hill chimed in:

Enh, some Russian shock jocks took advantage of my Dad's good heart and played a shitty joke on him. That sucks. But the real joke is on them, because they gotta live in Russia under Putin.
    https://twitter.com/joe_hill/status/1550187163119124480

My Collection

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You don't have to be an expert on Ukraine or Banderas to think that Russia invading Ukraine is bad. I get that's the purpose of the obvious state-sanctioned Russian propaganda here... "Oh, King doesn't know who Banderas is... therefore he's wrong in condemning Putin." Like what are you even expecting King to do? Do you think if King was better informed about a guy who died in 1959 he'd change his mind about Russia bombing shopping malls and shelters?
    I believe he didn't know who Banderas was. He's obviously ignorant about Ukraine.

He probably decided to support Ukraine because of his Ukrainian employee. No more thought than that. His employee is a nice person, so the he supports the Ukrainian cesspool.

Russia invading Ukraine is bad. Ukraine bombing Donbas is bad. The US fomenting a coup to overthrow the democratically elected leader of Ukraine is bad. The collective west using Ukraine as grist for the mill to wage war against Russia is bad. (The west losing that war is bad.)

No one must be an expert to have an opinion. However ignorant people might want to refrain from expressing theirs.

I think that if King was better informed about Banderas he might also be better informed about the propaganda of shopping malls, that are no longer shopping malls, being bombed.

The west will continue to fight Russia to the last Ukrainian, and continue to lose, even as their industry is destroyed and they freeze and starve.

Country
    Country Flag

Don’t you support Putin?

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Don’t you support Putin?
    Don't you support Nazis?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Don’t you support Putin?
    Don't you support Nazis?
    Nope. Do you support Putin or not? You’re always defending him and Russia here.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Don’t you support Putin?
    Don't you support Nazis?
    Nope. Do you support Putin or not? You’re always defending him and Russia here.
    I'm not defending Putin.

I am simply aware of reality.

The west started this. The west thought they were clever. The west is fucked.

That's reality.

Country
    Country Flag

The West started bombing Ukrainian cities?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll give this political debate a but of leeway. But if it devolves into endless arguing, I'll have to ask for the debate to end.

Country
    Country Flag

The West started bombing Ukrainian cities?
    Are you unaware that this is a proxy war?

Multiple main stream media have reported high level western government officials admitting it's a proxy war.

And yes western armaments have been bombing Ukrainian cities, often civilians, in case you missed that bit of info too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast