Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: soothing a savage beast

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I think music is about as close as humans come to actual magic.
    I agree completely. Music transcends culture, creed, language, even time.
    Think of all the creators of music who are gone, yet still with us via recordings or via their music being played by new generations.

Thank all the gods that Aretha is on vinyl!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Magic.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful thought, I love it and I'm gonna shamelessly steal that!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Wonderful thought, I love it and I'm gonna shamelessly steal that!
    Rarely do I say anything worth repeating so steal away, my friend....

My internet is sucking right now, I expect to high volume usage since a lot of folks are at home with nothing to do, I tried replying sooner but it's been a tricky process, was going to post another song and everything but, ugh slow internet reminds me of being back in middle school and waiting for hours some days just to sign on...

I remember trying to use Napster on a dialup connection..

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    I remember trying to use Napster on a dialup connection..
    omg, me too! After a while, since it took about an hour for one song to download with my connection (yes I know it was wrong but what are ya gonna do?), I just stopped doing it but I still hung out in the chat room because I remember it was unmonitored for a while and we would talk about everything in there. Those olden days.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful selections all. How about a little of this.............................................. ......

During these days of quarantine, the film is most certainly worth a look as well. Immortal Beloved.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Tommy;1190147]

Rain sounds...

[QUOTE]

This is one of my top ASMR triggers. I also have some machine sounds and a few more "traditional" triggers.

You weren't the first to notice Tommy:

Lyrics :

Something's at the edge of your mind
    You don't know what it is
    Something you were hoping to find
    But you're not sure what it is
    Then you hear the music
    And it all comes crystal clear
    The music does the talking
    Says the things you want to hear

I'm young, I'm wild and I'm free
    Got the magic power of the music in me
    I'm young, I'm wild and I'm free
    Got the magic power of the music in me

She climbs into bed
    She pulls the covers overhead
    And she turns her little radio on
    She's had a rotten day
    So she hopes the DJ's
    Gonna play her favorite song

Makes her feel much better
    Brings her closer to her dreams
    A little magic power
    Makes it better that it seems
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Wow...I havent heard Triumph in AGES!
    How could I have forgotten this gem of a song?!

Thanks for posting, Jon

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow...I havent heard Triumph in AGES!
    How could I have forgotten this gem of a song?!

Thanks for posting, Jon
    That's a classic for sure.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"Mongkol is a 61-year-old former logging elephant. His captive-held life was spent hauling trees in the Thai forest. His body shape is deformed through hard labor, he lost his right eye and tusk in this brutal logging practice. Mongkol was rescued and brought to Elephants World to spend the rest of his days relaxing peacefully in freedom by the River Kwai. I discovered Mongkol is an extremely gentle, sensitive elephant who enjoys music, especially this slow movement by Beethoven which I play to him occasionally in the day and night."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful, Tommy! Poor thing. (The elephant, not Tommy. )
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Steve Roach is a master at soothing ambient pieces, here are some longform recently released pieces:

I was actually set to see him live in NYC this month but obviously that's been postponed, currently till July.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    I heard this on NPR this morning...lovely! And quite well-timed for me as I have been doing yardwork and potting plants for the last few days in an effort to get away from 'breaking news' and 'the latest update'.
    It felt really good to play in the dirt and listen to the birds outside.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Willie Nelson is a true legend and will always calm me down...

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ravel's Bolero entrances me every single time.
    I close my eyes...and I get completely removed from reality, fascinated, following the gradual buildup of music like I'm looking at an endless Oriental procession...colorful clothes and exotic smells...flame-eaters...belly dancers...followed by pumas on a leash...tigers and cheetahs....culminating in two giant elephants...and then a sharp nothing.
    Never ceases to make me forget for a few minutes whatever boring or irritating something I've been doing the moment before the music started LOL
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry Tommy but thats my sleeping pill...

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post

Ravel's Bolero entrances me every single time.
    I close my eyes...and I get completely removed from reality, fascinated, following the gradual buildup of music like I'm looking at an endless Oriental procession...colorful clothes and exotic smells...flame-eaters...belly dancers...followed by pumas on a leash...tigers and cheetahs....culminating in two giant elephants...and then a sharp nothing.
    Never ceases to make me forget for a few minutes whatever boring or irritating something I've been doing the moment before the music started LOL

Awesome description!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I agree completely. Music transcends culture, creed, language, even time.
    Think of all the creators of music who are gone, yet still with us via recordings or via their music being played by new generations.
    Yes!

Also, how the fuck am I just now discovering this thread?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast