Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Tech question

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Tech question

At work most anything is blocked so I use a VPN. Yesterday, everyone got the following E-mail from IT:
    "As more of you have access, it is imperative that you disconnect before using you browser for things not work related. We receive error messages when the firewall detects unauthorized activity. Please disconnect before performing personal searches or business. Thank you!"
    Are they telling me to turn my VPN OFF for personal use? That seems backward. I ask because of the phrase " disconnect before using you browser for things not work related" The last line...does it mean they only get alerts for searches?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Does your office have a work vpn for security purposes? I’m not sure what they’d be asking you to disconnect from.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Well MY office doesn't. It's a government entity so it's possible there is one at other compounds. I'm using my own.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, they want you to turn off VPN for personal use. Just switch it on/off as necessary when you need to web browse pages that the company has a firewall up for (I can't access Sports websites through my VPN, for example)

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Yes, they want you to turn off VPN for personal use. Just switch it on/off as necessary when you need to web browse pages that the company has a firewall up for (I can't access Sports websites through my VPN, for example)

Ok but that seems ass backward. They block sites like thedarktower unless I USE the VPN. What am I missing?