• The Neverending Story

12 41.38%
  • The Wall

9 31.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 1980s: Round 3 - Group 20 of 32

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    I have to agree with St Troy here. I can never understand why some people spend hundreds of $'s to see a concert and then get stoned/wasted out of their mind to the point they don't know what is going on, and probably won't remember the details the next day.
    I remember everything from those concerts , every detail. It obviously depends on the person and what party favors they're playing with, but if you have the right mindset being high on the right stuff elevates an experience like that sky high.

There are 3 albums that I can think of off the top of my head that should be listened to with headphones and a clear mind to enjoy all the full nuances of the music: The Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, and Quadrophenia (by the Who).
    I've listened to TW and DSOTM both ways, countless times. I think you're under the impression that one has to supplant the other, that's not the case. Being in different states of mind gives the albums a whole different type of dimension. You'll see and interpret things from their music in different ways.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    With anything involving Floyd (the albums, the concerts), it's usually best enjoyed with a clear head, although many seek the opposite experience.
    Yes, many do seek the opposite experience. Legions of stoners would find it blasphemous to listen to Dark Side of the Moon while clean and sober!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Meanwhile, The Neverending Story just needs two votes to tie for second with Airplane! Come on, people, the Childlike Empress is depending on you!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following two titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. Airplane! (51.72%)
    2. An American Werewolf in London (48.28%)

And the following two titles have been eliminated:
    1. The Neverending Story (41.38%)
    2. The Wall (31.03%)

Country
    Country Flag

Really sad to see The Neverending Story bow out. To me it's such an emblematic movie, when I think of the '80s, I think this movie. But I guess making it to Round 3 is not too bad either for a children's film.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess some of the "classic" 80s movies just don't stand a chance on this forum.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Isn't this where we came in?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Really sad to see The Neverending Story bow out. To me it's such an emblematic movie, when I think of the '80s, I think this movie. But I guess making it to Round 3 is not too bad either for a children's film.
    Might be an age thing - this movie never crosses my mind, 80s or otherwise.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Isn't this where we came in?
    That was on my facebook profile page for many, many years. Love that line.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2